Can someone with a WW book...

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by wannabslim, 12 February 2008 Social URL.

1. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    I'm not dieting, I'm on the pregnancy diet!
    Please double check EXACTLY what it says about how many points are in a medium jacket potato. As Cheryl very kindly gave me a points value for a "fist size" potato of 3.5 but someone else on here has been asking and 2 other ppl have suggested that its much less.

Please can someone who has the book have a quick look and tell me precisely what WW say!?

Thanks xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Right, in my Eat Wisely book, it says....

Potato, jacket, medium, 225g - 2.5 points
    Potato, jacket, large, 375g - 4 points

Hope that helps!?

I buy my potatoes in packets. Tesco do baking potatoes in packs of 4 and it gives the nutritional information per potato on the packet. Of course they're all slightly different sizes, so it's only a rough idea, but it works out at 2 points each - so I always figure that if I point all the potatoes at 2 points per spud (the smaller ones and the larger ones) then it evens itself anyway.

4. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    Cool thanks for that hun. My potatoes are about the size of the ones that come in those packets, they were next to one another but I only wanted 3. So if I go with 2.5 points then that suits me fine as it means I have a point for something else :D

5. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I never used to use potatoes until I found the ones in packets - it made me nervous that I couldn't work out the exact points. When I did ww last year and I started buying them in packets I ended up having them all the time! My fav was cajun chips, done in the oven with fry light (and obviously cajun seasoning, lol), they were delicious!!! You'd be surprised how many chips you could get out of one 2 point potato too...though I did quite often 'pig out' on 2 potatoes at 4 points, haha, well worth it! Hmm, might have those for lunch tomorrow now :D

6. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    Hehehe, I love the tesco lighter choices oven chips- points arent too bad on those and you can weigh them out to fit with the NI on the packet :D yummy xx

7. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I always find oven chips a bit dry?...but I'm probably cooking them wrong - even oven chips are a tall order for me to cook, I'm not exactly Nigella, haha

8. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    i know what you mean- these ones are chunky and hold in moisture nicely!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.