Can Water Take You Out Of Ketosis

samthompson17

Today I managed a whopping 3 litres of water which is more than I normally drink. I usually get about 1800ml. However I checked my ketosis levels and it said I had traces of ketosis. What's up with that considering I have been 100%

Water won't take you out of ketosis unless you add something to it?

No did not add anything to it. I am not completely out of ketosis it has traces but after my LT soup I guess I can count it as out now. I'm gutted.

no sam, dont worry, when u drink lots of water it weakens your keytones but u will be still def in ketosis :) x

Think of it like your passing keytone cordial. All you've done by drinking more is watered it down :D

look sam - found thsi on net ..... so dont worry! x

[h=3]Early Stages[/h]Ketosis symptoms change depending how long you've been in the state. In the early stages of ketosis, the symptoms may be a bit unpleasant. However, as your body adapts to the presence of ketones in the bloodstream, symptoms lessen and change. Early ketosis symptoms usually last for several days or up to a week in some people. This typically continues until the body is used to burning fat instead of glucose. After the several days, the levels of ketones in the body will lessen, but that does not mean you are no longer losing weight. It simply means your body has found a balance and is no longer producing excess ketones.

No did not add anything to it. I am not completely out of ketosis it has traces but after my LT soup I guess I can count it as out now. I'm gutted.

Traces are all that's required :D the darker shades of pink purely mean you are not as hydrated. Nothing to be gutted about ;) So for instance first wee of the day will probably show as a darker pink as you have been all night without a drink, and last wee light pink as you have been topping up the fluids. The lighter pink is where you need to be :D

Thanks guys you have totally put my mind at ease. I shall try in the morning and see if it changes. I'm positive now it will lol

Thanks guys you have totally put my mind at ease. I shall try in the morning and see if it changes. I'm positive now it will lol

Don't get to hung up on the ketostix hun. If you only have your Lipotrim formula and water, black tea's and coffee and aspartame based tablet sweetener you will be in ketosis.
:D if you really can't resist, as long as the stick isn't beige then all is working ok. ;)

Woo hoo. I woke up and was at the end of the scale. It's went down a little once I drunk some water so I guess I was prob not out of ketosis at all. I am so happy. Thanks guys for keeping me positive.

Back