Can we have diet coke or coke zero on ss ???

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by stoshy, 31 July 2008 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. stoshy

stoshy Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(10.48%)
    Diet:
    CD/ Exante
    CAN WE HAVE DIET/ZERO COKE OR NOT ON THIS DIET???:worthy: IM JUST PRAYING THAT IT IS ALLOWED

VERY CONFUSED AS I READ IN SOME POSTS THAT WE CAN AND OTHER THAT WE CAN'T......:sigh:

LET ME KNOW PLS DAY 3 SS BUT .....NEED DIET COKE.....IM SO ADDICTED TO IT

LUV YA ALL
    XXXX

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sumayyah

sumayyah please try again

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    diet cokes a no no cos of the citric acid
    coke zero, its not in the book so you shouldnt have it as it can make you hungry and can kick some people out of ketosis. if you do have it no more than 1 can a day

4. Martyn

Martyn The Place To Be!

Start Weight:
    26st1lb
    Current Weight:
    22st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st9lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(13.15%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Sole Source
    Use this time to get over your coke addiction. Trust me, as an ex addict, once its gone, you will feel MUCH better.

5. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

you used to be allowed coke zero but not anymore sorry hun :(

6. sumayyah

sumayyah please try again

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    if you feel like some thing fizzy try the water flavourings in fizzy water

7. stoshy

stoshy Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(10.48%)
    Diet:
    CD/ Exante
    to tell the truth this is nott wat i wanted to hear...........makes me wanna cry for real........

thanks tho

bye diet coke see ya wen im 9.5 stones im doing this for you..... i wont forget u till then .........xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

8. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

some people still do have it though just one can a day. check your ketosis the following morning to make sure :)

9. abz

abz Gold Member

i wouldn't risk it personally. it can make some people crave things again and knock you out of ketosis. the longer you resist the quicker you'll be able to have it again :)

abz xx

10. Lisa Marie

Lisa Marie Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    cd
    I used to have a can of coke zero once a week on a saturday night as a treat. The official line is NO but it didn't do me any harm.

11. stoshy

stoshy Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(10.48%)
    Diet:
    CD/ Exante
    thats cool so far i have tried to resist ..... but i have 2 bottels ready for the day i crack........ ( kinda looking forward to it really)

to ALL THANKS 4 THE INFO N ADVICE

12. tracy2421

tracy2421 Full Member

ive had to buy coke zero for my daughter whos just been diagnosed with diabetes, lukin on the label thers no carbs or anything in it so i wunt think it should do much harm, ask ur cdc nxt time u c er

13. goolian

goolian Fab & Fit For Florida

Diet:
    Slimming World
    was told by my cdc that it used to be in the book but was taken out... i still have the odd can of diet coke at work... as long as you don't have more than 500ml per day... that's what i was told and it's done me no harm...

i don't tend to have a can everyday... maybe two a week tops

14. jakki

jakki Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    I asked my cdc on friday and she said she has not been told that coke zero is off limits.

15. shabzy

shabzy Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    i went to see my cdc on thursday for my first weigh in and was told that coke zero was allowed but aint anymore, was a bit gutted coz i love diet coke but i'd rather give up coke and wait for the good results ahead......:)

16. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

As Coke Zero has no carbs and no citric acid, I have been having it as a once a week treat for the past two weeks. It has absolutely no bad side effect for me at all and it's really nice to have something that feels a bit naughty. It's not for everyone and I guess you'd need to try it and see if it affects you - if it does, abstain, if it doesn't - then have it as an occasional treat. x If it means the difference between keeping you on the diet, then I think it's worth a try x

17. kikuka

kikuka Tequila makes miaow happy

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(36.82%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    I didnt know this was no longer allowwed - does anyone know why?

18. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Official guidance is now to not have Coke Zero or any zero calorie rated drinks.

Hence the recommendation is water, black coffee, black leaf based tea, or cambridge flavourings.

The main reason behind this I believe is due to the natural flavourings in the drinks as they can spark food cravings, also from experience of seeing many clients the losses were less uniform on a coke drinker.

Mike

19. lillypop

lillypop now got pictures in album

Start Weight:
    23st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I am a coke zero drinker! have been from the start, my cdc said it was fine and have it once a week :D

20. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

Diet Coke and Coke Zero are not allowed on CD. Maybe the CD's mentioned above are unaware for some reason. Also current research has shown that Coke has been linked to osteosporosis in women, apparently it doesn't affect guys, so cutting it out on CD may stop you using it later.

This is the current guidance on allowable fluids taken directly from the uptodate Sole Source Booklet. For best results stick to what is allowed.
    http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/32896-allowable-fluids-sole-source.html

21. HelenaHandbasket

HelenaHandbasket Full Member

I caved in to my Coke cravings about a month ago (it was either that or fall off the wagon altogether) and started having Coke Zero, initially once a week and now every day. It hasn't affected my losses, so I shall continue being naughty ;).

HH

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.