Can we have diet coke or coke zero on ss ???

stoshy

CAN WE HAVE DIET/ZERO COKE OR NOT ON THIS DIET???:worthy: IM JUST PRAYING THAT IT IS ALLOWED

VERY CONFUSED AS I READ IN SOME POSTS THAT WE CAN AND OTHER THAT WE CAN'T......:sigh:

LET ME KNOW PLS DAY 3 SS BUT .....NEED DIET COKE.....IM SO ADDICTED TO IT

LUV YA ALL
XXXX

diet cokes a no no cos of the citric acid
coke zero, its not in the book so you shouldnt have it as it can make you hungry and can kick some people out of ketosis. if you do have it no more than 1 can a day

Use this time to get over your coke addiction. Trust me, as an ex addict, once its gone, you will feel MUCH better.

if you feel like some thing fizzy try the water flavourings in fizzy water

to tell the truth this is nott wat i wanted to hear...........makes me wanna cry for real........

thanks tho

bye diet coke see ya wen im 9.5 stones im doing this for you..... i wont forget u till then .........xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i wouldn't risk it personally. it can make some people crave things again and knock you out of ketosis. the longer you resist the quicker you'll be able to have it again :)

abz xx

I used to have a can of coke zero once a week on a saturday night as a treat. The official line is NO but it didn't do me any harm.

thats cool so far i have tried to resist ..... but i have 2 bottels ready for the day i crack........ ( kinda looking forward to it really)

to ALL THANKS 4 THE INFO N ADVICE

ive had to buy coke zero for my daughter whos just been diagnosed with diabetes, lukin on the label thers no carbs or anything in it so i wunt think it should do much harm, ask ur cdc nxt time u c er

was told by my cdc that it used to be in the book but was taken out... i still have the odd can of diet coke at work... as long as you don't have more than 500ml per day... that's what i was told and it's done me no harm...

i don't tend to have a can everyday... maybe two a week tops

i went to see my cdc on thursday for my first weigh in and was told that coke zero was allowed but aint anymore, was a bit gutted coz i love diet coke but i'd rather give up coke and wait for the good results ahead......:)

As Coke Zero has no carbs and no citric acid, I have been having it as a once a week treat for the past two weeks. It has absolutely no bad side effect for me at all and it's really nice to have something that feels a bit naughty. It's not for everyone and I guess you'd need to try it and see if it affects you - if it does, abstain, if it doesn't - then have it as an occasional treat. x If it means the difference between keeping you on the diet, then I think it's worth a try x

I didnt know this was no longer allowwed - does anyone know why?

Official guidance is now to not have Coke Zero or any zero calorie rated drinks.

Hence the recommendation is water, black coffee, black leaf based tea, or cambridge flavourings.

The main reason behind this I believe is due to the natural flavourings in the drinks as they can spark food cravings, also from experience of seeing many clients the losses were less uniform on a coke drinker.

Mike

Diet Coke and Coke Zero are not allowed on CD. Maybe the CD's mentioned above are unaware for some reason. Also current research has shown that Coke has been linked to osteosporosis in women, apparently it doesn't affect guys, so cutting it out on CD may stop you using it later.

This is the current guidance on allowable fluids taken directly from the uptodate Sole Source Booklet. For best results stick to what is allowed.
http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/32896-allowable-fluids-sole-source.html

I caved in to my Coke cravings about a month ago (it was either that or fall off the wagon altogether) and started having Coke Zero, initially once a week and now every day. It hasn't affected my losses, so I shall continue being naughty ;).

HH

Back