Cant stomach the taste of packs? Help!

TickleKate

Hi, i posted on the general vlcd forum but had no responses, thought id try here as have done s and s before. have done various VLCDs over the years with varying success, longest i lasted was 6 weeks, shortest about 6 hours!! Through weightwatchers ive lost another stone. Have about 1 st 9 to get to my target of 11 stone and it just isnt working with WW.

Would love to do a vlcd but the last few times ive
done them ive felt physically repulsed by them, have borked as they've gone
down etc (sorry tmi!)

Is anyone else like this? How do you get past it? Really love the fast losses but struggling with packs. Mealpaks are the worst for me, can just a say manage strawberry milkshake if i do it fast but cant live off them for weeks!

Any advice? Thanks x

Hi Kate. A couple of things might help. One is to find the pack you find least awful and just have them. All the time. I know someone who lost weight on lighter life and only had the chocolate shakes because she hated all the others (not me by the way!). And the other is to think of them as medicine, not food. You take your medicine and you lose weight.

After a few weeks you could always try other flavours... Your tastes can really change during a vlcd. Good luck!

you could also do the 3 packs and a protein meal, one less pack to get down you. What in particular is it you don't like? You can change the texture by adding more and less water, or making the shakes in to mousses? Have you tried all the sns options? like the bars or wafers?

Thanks for your replies ladies. Im not sure what it is that makes me wretch, not sure if its physcological or what. My husband has ha a few packs over the last few
weeks and just the smell in the kitchen after hes prepared it gets to me! Have tried the bars but not the wafers on s & s, i'll have to go and look at them.
Maybe like you say spanglymum, find one i can stomach and just get it down my neck, pronto! Thanks
for the ideas x

I have bananas, did cambridge first then all about w8 and finally s and s. i wish i was someone whi enjoyed the packs but iv always found them awful, some people look forward to them but i think id rather not eat at all than have the packs. But i need them cos im
fed up
of faffing around st this weight!
Are the wafers on the the low s and s plan does anyone know? Iv not heard of wafers before. Even the bars make me feel sick. Ironically think they taste nice but jut feel sick thinking about them, think iv just got a mental block and
i need to get over it!

My OH was exactly the same Hun he used to gag drinking the shakes and was sick after every pack! So he gave up :( then a few months later he saw how well I was doing an decided he had to do it, he did another order an we found that if he did something with the packs he was fine with them! He turns the shakes in to ice cream using ice cubes tiny bit if water and a blender! Porridge packs into a pancake! The cheesy pasta he has as a tuna pasta bake in the oven etc sometimes it's easier if u make them inventive and into things you like Hun.
It's worth a shot, just some ideas to maybe help you xx

Thanks for all the ideas, i really appreciate it. I used to 'do things' with the CD packs, remember making something i termed 'cake mix' which i adored,so much so i sickened myself but was amazing at first! Wonder if making them into things would help? Is there any links anyone has as to how to make the packs into things? Im a completely unadventurous cook!
Thanks for support as always x

I don't have recipes but I'm sure someone else will do. Another thing you can do is mix them with ice cubes and blend into a thick semi-frozen milkshake. No good if it's the taste itself you hate, but if it's the texture, the coldness might help you feel less nauseous?

Thanks spanglymum, thats a good idea, like the thought of making it into a food as such. Have looked at the stickies and people have suggested chocolate brownies etc which sound appealing!

I am hoping this is something that could work for me, have a holiday in 2 weeks and move in 5 weeks so am going to spend the time gathering as much info as i can then set my stall out!

thanks xx

I've started the sml diet and I can't find fault with them. They are so much tastier than any others and I've done LL CD AND EXANTE

Last edited by a moderator:
I struggle with the soups, can't put the stuff near my face, and really found that the shakes help if they're ice cold. Icecubes are a god send... making porridge into cookies, or adding cinnamon too.

Good luck OP :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks people, am still lurking and gathering bits n pieces. If i do manage to do s and s i REALLY want this to be the last time so am trying to go in as fore warned as possible!

Definately thing doing things to the packs will help, am excited
to try them out x

My tastes keep changing, unfortunately that means I'm stuck with a pile of cottage pie meal packs that I can't even bear to look at, never mind eat lol

Hvae you found a solution yet? I have been making my shakes with ice this week because of the heat and they are soooo much nicer!

Back