CarlyLanky140 - 11 stone 1lb to lose (2 stone 0lb down, 9 stone 1lb to go)

Saturday 14th January 2012

POSITIVES
1. I have weeklies left :D
2. I managed a day 2 without choc!
3. I am gonna do this :D

Well after day 2 of no choc the withdrawal symptoms are going away... I am finding cake/ sweeties easier to control.. I can't believe I have weeklies left :D WOOP!!!

No exercise today... I felt cack all day... and went to my friend's mum's 50th - was fun.. was gonna do just dance when I got home but then found out (at midnight)... that I needed to be at work at 8am (in Workington.... grrr).... so off to bed I went...

Sunday 15th January 2012

POSITIVES
1. I have weeklies left :D
2. I managed a day 3 without choc!
3. I did day 3 of C25k and 90 mins of my new just dance 3 game :D

Well I am well and truly in control :D so pleased with myself... hoping for a really good loss this week :D

Had to go through to Workington twice (two x 2hr round trip)... I am shattered... am off to bed soon... tried to write my resignation letter and ended up in tears... feeling really torn about it... know leaving is for the best but feel crap...Not had any time to do PGCE interview prep... will have to do it of an evening when I am free after gym lol

xx

Sorry for being AWOL - crazy busy week!!!

Thanks Lydia

Welcome Kimbo - how are u finding WW?

Diva - 8 days down on the no choc
:D

Hi Jo

Monday 16th January 2012

PP USED = 68/39pp
WEEKLIES USED = 49/49pp

APs EARNED = 20AP (C25K Week 2 Day 1 and 40 mins in gym)
TOTAL APs EARNED = 40AP
TOTAL APs SPENT = 20AP

POSITIVES/THOUGHTS
1. I had an impromptu meal out using the APs I had earned
2. I managed a day 4 without choc!
3. I did day 4 of C25k and 40 mins in the gym!

My new boss insisted on taking me out for dinner... and he wanted curry... so I just had half portions of rice and naan and didn't have all of my sauce.... and I wasn't going to have a starter but he ordered poppadoms... so I just had a little few...It was totally unplanned but I managed to have it within my APs that I had earned

It was a nice to have a few drinks too - felt relaxed... was a long day!! Came home, straight to the gym and then out for tea...xxx

Tuesday 17th January 2012

PP USED = 49/39pp
WEEKLIES USED = 49/49pp

APs EARNED = 0AP
TOTAL APs EARNED = 40AP
TOTAL APs SPENT = 30AP

POSITIVES/THOUGHTS
1. I survived a long day without picking too much (did eat stuff I didn't need because I was so hungry)
2. I managed a day 5 without choc!
3. Still feeling positive

I had a really long day... was at work till 10pm... so just threw something in the oven quickly... meant I picked in the early evening coz I was so hungry!!! And no time for gym... what a day!! Xxx

Wednesday 18th January 2012

PP USED = 44/39pp
WEEKLIES USED = 49/49pp

APs EARNED = 0AP
TOTAL APs EARNED = 40AP
TOTAL APs SPENT = 35AP

POSITIVES/THOUGHTS
1. I survived a long day without picking too much (did eat stuff I didn't need because I was so hungry)
2. I managed a day 6 without choc!
3. Still feeling positive

I had a really long day... was at work till 11pm... so just threw something in the oven quickly... meant I picked in the early evening coz I was so hungry!!! And no time for gym... what a day!! xxx

Thursday 19th January 2012

PP USED = 44/39pp
WEEKLIES USED = 49/49pp

APs EARNED = 10AP (Day 2 of Week 3 of C25K!)
TOTAL APs EARNED = 50AP
TOTAL APs SPENT = 40AP

POSITIVES/THOUGHTS
1. I have some APs left after a hard week
2. I managed a day 7 without choc! - A WHOLE WEEK!!!!!
3. I did day 2 of Week 3 of C25K

Another busy day... gym and working late.. so just ate and bed... Still have 10AP left! Hoping for a good loss coz I have worked so hard!! Earned 50AP and no choc! xxx

Friday 20th January 2012

PP USED = 55/39pp
WEEKLIES USED = 49/49pp

APs EARNED = 10AP (Day 3 of Week 3 of C25K!)
TOTAL APs EARNED = 0AP
TOTAL APs SPENT = 0AP

POSITIVES/THOUGHTS
1. Still have lots of weeklies left after my first day :D
2. I managed a day 8 without choc!
3. I did day 3 of Week 3 of C25K

Another busy day... gym and working late.. then night with my friend, wine and dvd :D was loads of fun! Feeling a bit better... SO MUCH WORK TO DO!!! ARGHHHHH

My PGCE interview is Wed so I have that to prepare for and I have a trial on Monday - so much work to do!! I just want to relax... lol Booked Tues off and the interview is all day Wed...

Oh and I handed in my resignation on Thursday... my boss didn't seem to bothered.. everyone else seemed more upset.. felt a bit gutted at the response and annoyed that people passed the news around when I planned to do it one at a time.. oh well.. At least the girls at the new job are looking forward to it...

If I am honest I was heartbroken today.. I found out that my boss was offering my good friend my job... it was only one day after I told him... I just felt like crap! everyone says "it's business" - I just thought it was soon and that his response was rubbish... Guess I made the right choice... but I am utterly terrified of starting the new job too... What if they don't support me as much, what if I am rubbish... what if they want me to do too much Crown Court stuff....

I think I am just confused... I am looking forward to saving money, earning more money and being local so I can meet people for lunch ... and I want to walk to work (so got a ww pedometer) and I will be nearer to gym... It is goin to be amazing :D

And I am going to try and buy some new suit dresses and stuff in 5 weeks just before I start the new job :D I hope to be a dress size smaller by then.. even though I have lost 2 stone 9lb I am still in the same clothes size.. which is naff! I will save measuring my inches for a few weeks.. :)

OH ... I lost 4lbs this WI - so pleased :DHoping to keep going with quite big losses :D xxx

Saturday 21st January 2012

PP USED = 51/39pp
WEEKLIES USED = 30/49pp

APs EARNED = 15AP (NRG Class at Gym)
TOTAL APs EARNED = 25AP
TOTAL APs SPENT = 0AP

POSITIVES/THOUGHTS
1. Still have a fair few weeklies left :D
2. I managed a day 9 without choc!
3. I went to the gym :D

Cross at myself.. spent all day catching up on minimins, updating diary, sorting money stuff... and not managed to get any prep done.. going to gym tomorrow morning and then I have all day to prep trial and interview.. Feel sick with panic... gonna sleep soon to be ready for tomorrow...

I hope everyone is well xxxx

Monday 23rd January 2012

PP USED = 53/39pp
WEEKLIES USED = 49/49pp

APs EARNED = 10AP (Fat Burning Circuits)
TOTAL APs EARNED = 50AP
TOTAL APs SPENT = 15AP

POSITIVES/THOUGHTS
1. Survived my trial - really hard day!!
2. I managed a day 11 without choc!
3. I went to the gym and did "Fat Burning circuits" - was good fun!

Well I had a really tough day... trial was upsetting... and then I came home for tea... have picked at snacks - out of AP.... and then went to the gym and did fat burning circuits - was actually really good fun

Am cross... scales are showing me as up... I have been to the gym every day... and although I have eaten AP I don't think I should be up?! I should have a loss with all the exercise... :( They better start to play nice!!

Gonna spend all day tomorrow preparing for my interview :D xxx

Tuesday 24th January 2012

PP USED = 68/39pp
WEEKLIES USED = 49/49pp

APs EARNED = 0AP
TOTAL APs EARNED = 50AP
TOTAL APs SPENT = 45AP

POSITIVES/THOUGHTS
1. I had a lie in (which is good and bad lol)
2. I managed a day 12 without choc!
3. I spent my day preparing for the interview....

I AM A BIG FAT LUMP!!!!!!!!!!!ARGHHHHHH - I am so cross at myself. I have been so stressed the past three days what with the trial and this interview and so I have just been picking at rubbish.. I am still within my APs and I know it is a lot better than I was being for a the last few months but I am so cross... It was also mentally to do with the fact that with all the exercise the scales were showing me as a gain and it made me stroppy.. I wish stress didn't affect me :( I am having lunch on campus during interview day and then tea at nandos.. hoping to still be fairly good... and I have planned to go to a class and do day one of week 3 of C25K tomorrow so that will earn 25AP.. and then on Thursday I will be within dailies and hopefully do day 2 of week 3 for another 10AP... I really want to lose :(

And the prep isn't going great.. I slept in because I figured if I went to bed at 11pm I would wake up naturally at 10... wanted to be well rested... but ended up sleeping till 11.30 so with lunch etc didnt get started till 12.30.. and have worked really hard but still have stuff to do.. taking a break to rant then right back to it... so my plans at being well rested have backfired as I wont sleep much tonight... and blooming mother said "you should have got up earlier" - what a helpful remark mother I never thought of that GGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRR

I am really starting to worry about this interview... generally I think I am relatively clever but this is really worrying me... I really want it. And mum, dad and sister all really don't want me to do it.. mum was even trying to talk me out of it saying it would be stressful.. I said it was no more so that what I am doing... I try not to talk to them about it as they wouldn't understand.. but most of the time I just feel sick about the next day... but what if I can't do teaching? what if I am useless? ARGH

Sorry for this waffle... I will be fine tomorrow... xxx

Just catching up...firstly congrats on your 4lb loss. You're doing really well. I know your scales are showing you as up this week but you know yourself that the weight on the scales are just part of it.

You seem to have so much going on at the moment no wonder you are feeling a little stressed but you are achieving so much already, you can do teaching and will be great at it.

Thanks darling ;) x

Wednesday 25th January 2012

PP USED = 43/39pp
WEEKLIES USED = 49/49pp

APs EARNED = 25AP (Week 3 Day 1 of C25K and Body Pump)
TOTAL APs EARNED = 75AP
TOTAL APs SPENT = 50AP

POSITIVES/THOUGHTS
1. I think my interview went well :D
2. I managed a day 13 without choc! (nearly a fortnight!!)
3. I earned 25AP!!!

You will all be pleased to hear that I am feeling much more positive today :D I went to my interview and think it went well. The first bit was the literacy assessment which I found tough but I managed it. The second bit was the group task and I think that went ok to. Then there was the presentation - hopefully that went well to. Finally there was the interview - again it all seemed good... the first question was if I was a head teacher why should I hire you and after my answer he said "ur hired! U don't even need the course" lol - hope that is a good sign... I will find out in a week to two weeks

Then I caught up on biggest loser - love that programme - so sick of Gerard's twineing tho! he needs to go!!! Then I went to the gym and did day 1 of week 3 of c25k - so proud of myself! Honestly didn't think I could do it but I managed :D YAY! Then I did body pump.. woop :D the teacher made me feel utter crap! she made me feel like the fat one who shouldn't be there - she wouldn't even make eye contact! GRRRRR But it made me determined to prove her wrong :D

And then nandos - was so yummy and awesome to catch up with the girls

Hope I get a good loss on Friday - I know I have worked hard :D

Love to all xxxx

Last edited:
Really pleased to hear the assessment etc went well, good for you. I hate those group things - I remember at my last one I hadn't said anything so thought I better try to, I really wish I didn't, I just said 'errr... oh sorry I forgot' duh! embarassing.

That gym teacher sounds like a right cow, you probably put some of the smaller ones to shame. :)

Hello there, Carly. I like your posts and just wanted to drop by and say well done for your interview, and I have my fingers crossed for you.

I loathe fattist fitness instructors. I hope you find another class without that prejudice.

Hope today was good,

Ali

Thanks both :D

Thursday 26th January 2012

PP USED = 38/38pp
WEEKLIES USED = 49/49pp

APs EARNED = 0AP
TOTAL APs EARNED = 75AP
TOTAL APs SPENT = 50AP

POSITIVES/THOUGHTS
1. I had a sleep this afternoon (was sent home from work poorly)
2. I managed a day 14 without choc! (a whole fortnight!!)
3. I have a nice weekend ahead - seeing friends tomorrow, hair dyed and cut and out on sat (but then on call on sunday :()

Well I feel utter rubbish today - got the blasted cold, everything aches... then this morning I felt sick and had a poorly tummy... I was sent home (times like this remind me why my current boss is so nice).... I slept all afternoon so no lunch... had a nice tea and some yummy snacks to make up my points... no exercise coz I feel crap....

I have to go in tomorrow - I have so much to do!

Really not looking forward to being on call on Sunday :( lol

Hope I feel better for going out this weekend xxxx

I lost 3lb this week! So that's 7 in 2 weeks :) x

Friday 27th January 2012

PP USED = 54/38pp
WEEKLIES USED = 16/49pp

APs EARNED = 10AP (C25k - Week 3 Day 2)
TOTAL APs EARNED = 10AP
TOTAL APs SPENT = 0AP

POSITIVES/THOUGHTS
1. I lost 3lbs :D (7lbs in 2 weeks)
2. I managed a day 15 without choc!
3. I did day 2 of week 3 of C25k - even though I felt rotten!!

Well WI this morning - was really pleased :D and then work... lunch with a friend and treated myself to cake from weeklies... then more work... made myself go to the gym... did c25k despite struggling to breathe - was so proud of myself :D I CAN DO IT!!

Then went food shopping :D Like the WW chicken curry too :D expanding my meals :D woop!

Well off to bed now... got a busy day tomorrow - hair cut and dyed then out... may go to gym but depends how I feel.... and looks like I am not on call on Sunday after all :D xxxx

xxxx

Saturday 28th January 2012

PP USED = 100/38pp
WEEKLIES USED = 49/49pp

APs EARNED = 10AP (Biggest Loser DVD)
TOTAL APs EARNED = 20AP
TOTAL APs SPENT = 20AP (-15AP)

POSITIVES/THOUGHTS
1. I had a nice night out..
2. I managed a day 16 without choc!
3. I did an exercise dvd :D

Well I had my hair done and was pleased... got ready and had a bottle of wine.. then we went to town and shared another bottle... all within weeklies... but then at the end of the night my friend wanted chips and for some stupid reason I ordered some... I had said all night I would resist and I normally do.. half way through I got really cross at myself and threw them away.. but then when I got home I ate 3 mr kipling cakes and some jelly sweets.. no idea what possessed me... But I decided I would earn the AP back so no big panic... just mad at myself...

xxxx

Sunday 29th January 2012

PP USED = 38/38pp
WEEKLIES USED = 49/49pp

APs EARNED = 15AP (Davina DVD)
TOTAL APs EARNED = 35AP
TOTAL APs SPENT = 45AP (-10AP)

POSITIVES/THOUGHTS
1. I earned my AP back :D
2. I managed a day 17 without choc!
3. I planned the week ahead :)

I have earned back the AP I stupidly wasted... so now I am even... just have to try my very best over next 4 days with gym and food and hope for a loss.. I would love 2lb off so I get my 3 stone... :D

Have planned for the rest of the week and have classes booked at gym mon/tues/wed and will do the run too :D

Hope everyone is well!

xxxx

Last edited:
Monday 30th January 2012

PP USED = 53/38pp
WEEKLIES USED = 49/49pp

APs EARNED = 25AP (Gym AND Fat Burning Circuits)
TOTAL APs EARNED = 60AP
TOTAL APs SPENT = 60AP

POSITIVES/THOUGHTS
1. I earned lots of AP
2. I managed a day 18 without choc!
3. I enjoyed my food :D

Well I picked a bit more last night and have been snacky again today.. but I earned 25AP so still broken even... scales are up at mo but have 3 days left... and have lots of classes booked for gym :D

The instructor for the class this evening (who is fit btw!!) was telling me how good I was at kettlebells and said that's what he does with his clients etc... and then afterwards when I was in the gym he approached me and was asking how I was and just chatting... anyways I ended up signing up for a free consultation next monday.. bet I end up agreeing to personal training.. but with the new job I guess I will have a bit more spare cash.. might do one session a week or somet... will see how it goes on Monday :D

Really gonna push myself for next 3 days - really want that 2lbs off!!

xxxx

Tuesday 31st January 2012

PP USED = 43/38pp
WEEKLIES USED = 49/49pp

APs EARNED = 25AP (Gym AND Circuits)
TOTAL APs EARNED = 85AP
TOTAL APs SPENT = 65AP

POSITIVES/THOUGHTS
1. I earned lots of AP - I am loving the gym!
2. I managed a day 19 without choc!
3. I GOT ON TO THE PGCE :D

Well I earned 25AP - am absolutely loving the gym! Finding myself more motivated... think that working in Carlisle is going to be a revolution :D Can't wait!!! Oh and the female trainer approached me after the class when I was in the gym to say she was really impressed with how hard I worked :D Quite pleased with myself lol.... Maybe I look needy lol...

Also I found out that my gym is teaming up with the local radio station for a competition - they give ten listeners a free annual membership (which is too late lol) and support from the staff (which will be good :D) ... they get weighed weekly over 10 weeks and for every lb they lose they get £1 and the gym donates £1 to a charity.... I have applied - but it is just picked randomly so not holding much hope.. but either way I will be fine... loving the gym and considering a session with a PT once a week - and when I start walking to work... I WILL BE SKINNY IN 2012!!!!

GOOD NEWS GANG........ I found out today that I have been offered a place on the PGCE :D YAY!!!! So if, even after trying out the new job, I am sure this is what I want to do... I can start my course in Sept :D

Now we just need to cross our fingers that I passed my exam too... because my new salary is dependent on it lol... And I need to get saving :D

I know u will shout... lol... scales are still up... but don't care.. am doing the best I can... I will get the losses... Just need to keep it up... I desperately want my 2lb on Friday but I will be happy without whatever knowing that I tried hard....

Also biggest loser... GERARD DRIVES ME MAD!!!! He does not deserve his place... he does not deserve those losses... GRRRRRR - At the minute my fave is Sarah :D P.S: I have not seen the result.. do not tell me for the next 15 minutes!! lol

xxxx

Wednesday 1st February 2012

PP USED = 53/38pp
WEEKLIES USED = 49/49pp

APs EARNED = 15AP (Gym AND Body Pump Class)
TOTAL APs EARNED = 100AP
TOTAL APs SPENT = 80AP

POSITIVES/THOUGHTS
1. I earned AP and am loving the gym!
2. I managed a day 20 without choc!
3. I get a little bit a lie in in the morning as I am in Carlisle Magistrates Court tomorrow :D

Ok.. so I still love the gym... and am so impressed - I have done exercise every day since last WI..... but I have also eaten more because I have been hungry.. and it has all been really snacky... I am going back to yogurt after lunch and a treat after tea... and hopefully big enough meals to avoid the snacking... I am maybe going to cut back the exercise a bit... over the next few weeks I have things going on that mean I am away from home so wont be able to get to gym every day.. will just aim for 4/5 times - that is more manageable long term.. my problem is I get addicted to the gym and go everyday and then if I miss I day I feel so guilty and let down... so I will just aim for what I can

I still haven't done day 3 of C25K as my friend has been ill.. I feel a bit cross but I know it isn't her fault ... am just not sure whether to restart week 3... think week 4 will be really hard.. but then I thought that about week 3 and have done ok :D

Anyways... scales are still up... 3 or 4lbs.. must be all the snacking and probably increased exercise too.. I know I shouldn't peak but I have lol.. I was feeling down but I know it is my fault for picking... so I have made my plan to tackle it :D will keep up the work and IT WILL PAY OFF :D

Hope everyone is well...

Oh and the blasted cold is back.. sneezes and runny nose.. only just started last week and thought it was going but apparently this is phase 2... and EVERY MUSCLE ACHES - courtesy of three days of hardcore exercise lol xx

Well done on the PGCE, great news! fingers crossed for the exam.

Wow you really seem to be going for it at the gym. I have heard people say before that their weight loss stalls or goes up when they start exercising, but I'm sure it must all balance itself out. I should really start myself. I always imagine it full of trendy, fit people but when I went yesterday (on an errand), there really were all sorts.

I swear home scales are the work of the devil. I keep standing on mine too, it's hard not to isn't it? At least you are not getting too down about it and tackling the snacking. I find when it's cold all I want to do is eat and hibernate, that's my excuse anyway lol.

Think I might need to hide the pesky scales lol!! It is evil! I am getting a bit addicted to the gym.. although haven't been this weekend.. how are u doing? Defo try the gym out.. I would go on tours of a few and find the one u like :D

Hello All

Well as most of u know I STS ... was disappointed but I'm over it now... still no choc :D Although I think after a month I am gonna have to go back... am now bingeing on cake/sweets instead.. have decided the plan is to have a yogurt after lunch and icecream/cake/sweets (just one thing!) after dinner.. that way I have more pp for meals.... Hoping that I will then be able to exercise without being starving lol

Had a bad couple of days - had birthday cake/ pizza and booze yest and picked today... over weeklies... but starting afresh tomorrow.. off to a snow patrol gig.. Hope I manage to find somet low pp wherever we go for tea :D Had a few days off gym... going on Monday.. got a day off after the gig... got my first consultation with personal trainer on Monday ... eek... and booked in for a class and will hopefully get back to running if my friend feels up to it! :D

I was out yest and at a charity night today... so all in all a nice weekend :D

Hope everyone is well

Onwards and downwards :D xxxx

Finally read my ww mag! I just love the stories! Always end up crying like a right girl lol! I will be in there one day :)

Still hoping to be at goal by NYE so need to get a wriggle on... Gonna have to go bridesmaid dress shopping soon :( bit worried as I still don't fit in normal sizes... And the other is an 8.... Hoping my friend will understand me wanting to put it off for a while... Cx

Back