CarlyLanky140 - 2 Stone 0lb down - 9 Stone 1lb left!

How many syns did you count for the smoothie? I though they were very very high in calories as the fruit breaks down into sugar when you turn it into a smoohie

I don't remember if your on sw or ww anymore! Lol

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins x x x

I'm on ww petal! So it's pp.... If its a bought one its 2-4 per glass but if I make it I count as free! I don't eat much fruit/veg so have to get it one way! Lol c

Oh right that's good, I've always thought snoothies were bad on any diet because of how much sugar is in them it overrides the good element of having fruit lol.

I remember reading somewhere that if you drank one 250ml glass of pure Orange juice a day you would put on a stone! I've never drank it since lol x

Oh well I dunno :( I figured getting some fruit must be better than not but I'm not sure :( but I worked out the pp and it said 2-4 for store bought x

This is what I saw, it was in an article in the independent.

did you know smoothies are bad for you?

It was on tv program last night, if you drink one smoothie a day and dont burn it off then you will gain 13 pounds in a year. The reason is that fruit contains sugar, its natural sugar, but its still sugar. If you eat one piece of fruit then your full aren't you? but mixing 3-4 pieces of fruit together means your having more sugar, and you feel the same as if you eat 1 piece of fruit.
They did a comparison on this program. 1 smoothy is the equivalent in sugar of 1 can (330ml) of a fizzy drink like pepsi.

I struggle with eating fruit aswell. I can only eat bananas, apples and melon fresh, all other fruit I can only eat frozen because then the texture doesn't make me feel sick x x x

Oh well I guess I will stick with bought ones so I can pp it :( makes the blender a waste.... If I only have one smoothie a day tho that would be the equivalent of the 3 pieces u would otherwise eat so should be ok?! X

hi! well done on the weightloss so far, i started off very close to you at 280lbs and i think that was in april too! my goal is 140lb which i'm sure you know is 10st. im hoping i can get a bit under that though, probably to 130 like you. my target is june 2012 so realistically i need to lose just over 10lb a month! thinking i might need a bit longer though :/ im so pleased with how its going so far though, im already down from 20st to 14 and a half. what exercise do you do? mine is mostly walking and wii fit plus swimming. im thinking of trying zumba but dont know anyone whos done it so not sure if its any good? hope you are well. carly x

Hi petal!! WOW!! U have done amazingly! puts me to shame....

What diet are you doing? I can't believe we have such similar goals and start weights :D

I love zumba... just joined a new gym which does a class so we are gonig on Thurs... I am also doing C25k (first day today) and we try to do other classes at the gym... like body pump and boxercise etc.... I quite enjoy just dance for the wii too... and have loads of exercise dvds... but at the moment am finding myself motivated to go to the gym with my friend :D xx

thats great you're enjoying the gym, i'd like to go more but i'm a single mum to 4 kids so it's difficult to find the time :) im not really following a particular diet, just healthy eating and loads of exercise. i do tend to lose weight quite quickly which is good lol what is C25k, forgive my ignorance but i've never heard of it. is zumba hard? heard some good things about it on tv but dont know anyone with first hand experience. with the amount of exercise you are doing i reckon you'll reach your goal in no time!

Diet and exercise fell apart last year... Stressful few months so that's why it wasn't so good but hope to kick start losses :)

What exercise do u do?

Zumba takes some co-ordination but is good fun and hard work but u dont mind coz it's fun... I really really like it :) xxx

Monday 2nd January 2012 (Summary)

1. I stuck to just dailies
2. I did day one of C25k (and total of 80 minutes in gym!)
3. I got a bit of my portfolio done (my boss has allowed me to stay at home tomorrow to do it - best get on with it!! lol)

I had a bit of a stress mid-aft with work but I am ok... I think I will take the new job.. even though I may feel guilty ... and there will be a tough transition.... it is a lot more money and will mean I can work to work each day which will be awesome for the diet.... and then if I still don't like it I will start the PGCE in Aug (if I get on...)

xxx

my main exercise is walking, swimming and wii fit. i definitely want to give zumba a go, sounds like fun. finding it really hard not to weigh myself lol ive decided that sundays will be weigh in day or ill be weighing myself every single day lol

I weigh daily no matter how hard I try to resist! Lol! My actual WI is Friday so I can use my weeklies fri/sat/sun :)

Sounds like u get loads of exercise :) x

Hi carly just seen this thread! Iv done ww last year and lost 1stone but now put 1/2 back on so know I can do it just need some motivation! I need/want to lose 6 stone but no set date as such!

You seem to be doing well so hope we can all motivate each other!!

X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi hun :D welcome to my thread.. I think WW is fabulous and we can defo motivate each other :D U know that you can do it... do you go to meetings? You should join some of our challenges we have running on here in the teams section xx

Tuesday 3rd January 2012 (Summary)

POSITIVES
1. I have almost completed my portfolio (I will stay up till it is done)
2. I am back into WW - making sensible choices and planning!
3. I have booked a gym class tomorrow, Thursday and Saturday morning... and I will do my other 2 C25k runs :D

I am doing ok on the portfolio... still a fair bit more to do and it is slow going as I keep procrastinating... gonna try to get it done in next few hours and maybe treat myself to a dvd before bed... But I do need sleep before my first proper day back tomorrow (which by the way I am dreading :()

I have three (plus) meals out over the weekend - Friday is curry with my aunt and uncle, sat is tea and cinema with my ex for his birthday (as friends!) and sunday I am having a meal with my friend in London... Monday I will be having hotel breakfast, probably subway lunch before exam and then grab another sandwich or similar for tea on the train.... I am hoping that if I make sensible choices I can do that within my weeklies :D

xxx

Awww that's brill! I'll manage it no probs :) x

Wednesday 4th January 2012

1. I completed my portfolio
2. I am ate cake within pp
3. I had a busy but successful day

Well I started in the office at 9.00am for my first day back .. and didn't leave till 1am!! Then I did an hour of dictation when I got home... Was a crazy busy day but I dealt with it really well and felt good about it all... still fairly sure I will move jobs.... Obviously didn't make it to gym... and didn't have my tea till I got home...

Thursday 5th January 2012

1. I survived a long day at work...
2. I ate within dailies :D
3. I am going for a curry tomorrow :D

Another long day... worked till 7.30 and then got home by 8.30pm...no gym again... feeling angry because I promised I would try hard to leave work on time... not paid enough to do these stupid hours... changing to the new firm might improve this even if just the travel...

I am realising that I am too much of a perfectionist... and strive for a clear desk.... hmmmmm

I really wanted to get 3 c25k sessions in but I am out for curry tomorrow with my Aunt and Uncle... can do one on sat... but are you allowed to do two in a row? I could do Sunday..... Can't do Monday ... could do Tuesday... Got a class booked for Sat morning anyway and planning to go to gym sun anyways.. got classes booked Tues, Wed, Thurs too...

Been on the scales... I was 17 stone 12 last Friday morning.... by the re-start of diet Monday morning I was 18 stone 7..... tonight I am 18 stone 2... I am not hopeful that I will even be in the 17s tomorrow... didn't want to gain for my first week.... And I am realising I will still be a fat bridesmaid... I suppose looking anything better than I do now is an improvement... just gonna have to work really hard :D

xxx

Back