CarolineM's new improved diary

Well no 100% here at the moment. I'm all over the place!

Got a couple of days hols next week and shall use them to get my house and head in order.

I've got a bad feeling I've gain a lot back, but my policy at the moment is not to go near the scales and to be honest, I may stick to that policy once back on DC. I'm fed up at grasping for those pounds, if you know what I mean!

Otherwise life is dandy :D Taken to gardening lately - the potted kind - and so have invested in a cheapie plastic greenhouse for the time being - glass may be long-term but blimey it's costly!

Have a good day all :D

Nice to see you both posting - even if you haven't got your 'heads' on yet. We've missed you!!! x

(Caroline - I have to drive to Manchester after all as the only train we can get back means a 1hr wait and a V late night! My son has offered to lend me his Tom Tom. I smiled sweetly but for the life of me I can't see how sitting in the car with a couple of drums on my knee is going to help ........... ;))

Back feeling a lot more cheerful and positive. Amazing what gardening and getting out in the sunlight can do for the soul :D Think I just needed some time to reflect and breathe.

Had granola for breakie and the chicken and thyme soup for lunch. Have had lots of fluid and two plums and a banana - but am I hungry? Er, yep, big time hehe! Still not long until dinner right :D

Going to have the Lamb Hotpot for dinner - yum - with loads of mashed carrots and broccoli.

Then plan to distract myself with a nice hot bath and a good book :)

Hope everyone is okay - I know it is quiet in here - must be the time of year.

*hugs*

Back feeling a lot more cheerful and positive. Amazing what gardening and getting out in the sunlight can do for the soul :D Think I just needed some time to reflect and breathe.

Had granola for breakie and the chicken and thyme soup for lunch. Have had lots of fluid and two plums and a banana - but am I hungry? Er, yep, big time hehe! Still not long until dinner right :D

Going to have the Lamb Hotpot for dinner - yum - with loads of mashed carrots and broccoli.

Then plan to distract myself with a nice hot bath and a good book :)

Hope everyone is okay - I know it is quiet in here - must be the time of year.

*hugs*

hi ya I had granola and a lovely peppered steak soup only 230 calories and really nice, not sure of what i am having as hubby wants a salad with quiche, but what can i have with a salad???? any suggestions

Too late now Shep but I would have said salmon or tuna or something like that x

Well done Caroline! You're right about the lovely weather doing good things to our dispositions!

Please send me lots of positive vibes tomorrow as I drive to and more worryingly around, Manchester for the show. (trains v inconvenient times :()

Too late now Shep but I would have said salmon or tuna or something like that x

Well done Caroline! You're right about the lovely weather doing good things to our dispositions!

Please send me lots of positive vibes tomorrow as I drive to and more worryingly around, Manchester for the show. (trains v inconvenient times :()

((((((((((((((good vibes)))))))))))))) on their way to you, good luck and have fun

Whoops - sorry Jan, have sent you a PM, but as you will see I'm not that great on navigating Manchester. We use buses as it's way easier than driving and when we do drive, it's TomTom all the way. Those drumkits are very handy :)

Diet not going anywhere - going to have a think (i.e. tell myself off nicely) and restart 1 May.

Thanks for the good vibes guys - I'm sure it'll be fine .... ???

Sounds like a plan Caroline!! xx

Whoops - sorry Jan, have sent you a PM, but as you will see I'm not that great on navigating Manchester. We use buses as it's way easier than driving and when we do drive, it's TomTom all the way. Those drumkits are very handy :)

Diet not going anywhere - going to have a think (i.e. tell myself off nicely) and restart 1 May.

u and me both I need a good talking too, just cant get started but need to. Feeling so down at the mo and know its the weight thats doing it.....

Okay, decided yesterday to get back on the diet today, so got it all planned.

Due to my awful eating I have been wasting the contents of my veg boxes which is not good for the veg, environment and most of all my bank account hehe!

Plus I've got lots of healthy stuff growing in the garden and need to get myself geared up for the over abundance of tomatos that (fingers crossed) will head my way lol

Come on Shep, you can do it - just got to be a right stubborn person. I'm determined not to give in to the afternoon temptation that hits at around 1600. And plan to keep myself occupied in the evening, or just go bed early - whichever suits.

*hugs* to all

Jan - hope you had a good time and got there okay :)

Okay, decided yesterday to get back on the diet today, so got it all planned.

Due to my awful eating I have been wasting the contents of my veg boxes which is not good for the veg, environment and most of all my bank account hehe!

Plus I've got lots of healthy stuff growing in the garden and need to get myself geared up for the over abundance of tomatos that (fingers crossed) will head my way lol

Come on Shep, you can do it - just got to be a right stubborn person. I'm determined not to give in to the afternoon temptation that hits at around 1600. And plan to keep myself occupied in the evening, or just go bed early - whichever suits.

*hugs* to all

Jan - hope you had a good time and got there okay :)

my bad time is early afternoon about 2 - 4ish. I don't like the idea of soup at the mo its so hot.....

i am going to go serious next week no excuses have informed hubby of it and got THE look from him. (useless man)

I tried on my motorbike trousers and cant wear them, if I want my stomache to survive and the need to breathe is an essential and i cant do that either.

So here goes, tonight I am having steamed haddock with minted new potatoes and looking forward to it.

hugs to all ((())) and I'M BACK :D:D;);)

Yep 2 to 4ish - doesn't matter what I eat for lunch I just want rubbish!

Going to be starting on Monday too - yep blew today, but then I have got a terrible cough/cold. Excuses excuses!!!!! Bad me!

I need to recharge my batteries over the weekend.

I'm the same with the soup but for different reasons - never been a soup person unless it is homemade by my mum. Thinking after this box, which I'm wasting in terms of dieting!!!, that I may do a "Jan" and get the dinners separately, have eggs for breakfast and see what I can do lunch wise.

Glad to see you're making your plans you two!! :)

We had a great time at the show thanks! Got there without too much stress but managed to get slightly lost trying to get out of Manchester afterwards despite the TomTom!! It was worth it though!

Good luck in your new resolve! Look forward to seeing how you get on .... I wonder what's happened to the other 'oldies'??? xx

Yep 2 to 4ish - doesn't matter what I eat for lunch I just want rubbish!

Going to be starting on Monday too - yep blew today, but then I have got a terrible cough/cold. Excuses excuses!!!!! Bad me!

I need to recharge my batteries over the weekend.

I'm the same with the soup but for different reasons - never been a soup person unless it is homemade by my mum. Thinking after this box, which I'm wasting in terms of dieting!!!, that I may do a "Jan" and get the dinners separately, have eggs for breakfast and see what I can do lunch wise.

I am thinking of a salad for lunch I lurve salads so should be okay there, I have lots of tuna and going shopping today to buy some nice ham to add as well. For breakfast been going for rice crispies quiet low in the calories as well.

I am starting today as been sick and bad all weekend with my daughter and now hubby has got it today and is coming home to be nursed (as if, he left me to deal with daughter in my bed with me).

So hoping a couple of pounds may of gone.

My resolved lasted about 4 hours and then I crumbled. I just want spice, spice, spice - I might just get back on the wagon and take to putting Tabasco on everything haha!

Full of a cold again! Normally only get two colds a year - had that in the last month alone so perhaps got my year's quota out of the way and am home free until 2010 - if only hehe!

My resolved lasted about 4 hours and then I crumbled. I just want spice, spice, spice - I might just get back on the wagon and take to putting Tabasco on everything haha!

Full of a cold again! Normally only get two colds a year - had that in the last month alone so perhaps got my year's quota out of the way and am home free until 2010 - if only hehe!

just a thought do you think it is diet related as i've never been as ill as I have this 1st part of the year, with cold after cold and tummy bugs, do you think our odies are giving us a message?????:rolleyes:

Sorry you're not too good Caroline! Hope you feel better soon ... you're probably craving the spices because they're supposed to help fight infections aren't they? Sweat it out of you and all that! xx

Thanks Jan - I feel like I'm turning into a right whiner!!!! But I'm not fond of pain and lack of sleep - kind of sends me crazy muahahaha! *cough* :p

Shep - hmm, diet. Not honestly sure. I'm eating the same now as I usually eat and my immune system is normally really good. If you mean DC, not sure about that either. I guess when I get back on the wagon again I will invest in a basic vitamin supplement - something I normally do when dieting but haven't with DC. Otherwise, I'd say it is just bad luck this year - whilst we did have some very cold snaps this winter, it wasn't persistently cold, and after all the damp last year, there's bound to be some cold bugs flying around. Plus I did go visit someone with a cold in the arrogant belief that I was not gonna get it - nature's revenge :)

Back