CarolineM's new improved diary

Welcome back Laura :D See on Jan's thread that you had a great time. Good luck getting back into the swing of things.

:talk017:

I did 100%. I certainly feel back in "the zone". The fear of side effects from the Xenical is a great motivator and luckily DC and Xenical seem to go together well - it's one way of stopping my afternoon/evening takeaway/munching.

Here's to day 2 :D

Hope you all have a great day - supposed to be another sunny one - woohoo!

OMG, there is no way that Tomato and Cheese soup is diet food - yum yum :D

The lamb hotpot tonight with cauliflower - only debate is should I eat the entire cauli or just half hehe!

Re-potted all my coriander - just got basil, peppers and tomatoes to go! I am running out of room :( Might have to resort to the window sills upstairs lol

Sounds like you're really getting stuck in now Caroline ... well done you! xx

Mmmmm tomato & cheese soup sounds yummy - is that a 'Look what we found' one? (can you tell I'm starting to think about food again ... 3 more weeks till refeed!)

Yep it is a "Look What We Found" jobby. It's just so yum and rich I had to check the pack to make sure the fat content was correct. It's 8% single cream on the ingredients but a serving of 300g only provides 7g of fat so is okay for me being on Xenical.

Yep, I'm back in the swing - I needed that extra incentive, not to mention sunlight :D

Hope everyone is having a good day :D

Mmmmmmm! I think I'm sorry I've got boxes of stuff to finish off now! I don't dare go to their website to see what else is new ... at least not till the eating horizon is a lot nearer :) xx

Hey, I bet after three months on Lipotrim any bit of food will taste exceptional :)

Another nice but breezy day. I'm actually starting to believe we may have a good summer, as long as this breeze doesn't keep persisting.

Day 3 and all's well :D

Hope everyone else is having a great time.

Hope you have a great day! xx

Morning all :)

Ended up working a bit late yesterday and felt so tempted by the calling of a chicken and shish kebab, but resisted and enjoyed the chilli con carne with two bags of steamed veg. So chuffed with myself.

I have sneaked on the scales this morning and can honestly say, wow! I am inspired to keep it up all week now and hope on Monday I get an even bigger grin on my face :D

Mother - this is what I'm worried about. Saturday, mum will no doubt cook. She will not bother looking at labels and chances are whatever we have will contain more fat than I'm allowed (mum likes to do sausages with mash at the moment) - I may have to forgo the Xenical on Saturday as can't afford the side effects come the Sunday as I'm off to Chester with hubby and friend to go buy some velvet for a dress said friend is making for me for a summer ball on 13 June. Yep, I shall get a picture of me in it hehe! About time I posted a full picture I guess :p

Right, on with work - it's all busy, busy, busy :D

*hugs*

Look forward to seeing the photo!!

Well done for not giving in to temptation and best of luck with Mum on Saturday. I'm sure the thought of Monday's WI will help too.

Good Luck to you and Shep - keep up the good work! x

I may try and get a photo before the ball then :) I have some tucked away but they are not that great - may dig one out.

I seem to be on a roll at the moment - please, please, please may it continue :D

*hugs* to everyone and hope you are doing okay.

Last edited:
Good luck tomorrow! :)

Thanks Jan :D

Ended up with a Nandos takeaway last night but still within the calories, although a few grams over on the fat, but I look the Xenical and so far so good *keeps fingers crossed*

It's odd, but yesterday I got an Evans's catalogue and it made me feel quite down for a moment - not in the way you'd probably expect, but that I'd miss their clothes! Crazy! But I pulled myself together within quick order and reminded myself that other shops that I never go in because they do not do my size will have clothes of a similar nature. Sometimes the mind is a weird place to be in!

Right better get dressed before the Tesco delivery guy catches me in my dressing gown yet again.

Chin chin and hope everyone is good this weekend hehe!

That's funny because I wore a lovely Evans top when we went out on Tuesday night and I was really quite sad as I said to DH I'd never be able to wear it again as it was hanging off me. I kept having to lean forward in my seat and HOIK (?) it down at the back because otherwise my (now a bit scrawny) boobs were hanging out! - NOT a pretty sight believe me!

Aren't we strange creatures?!

Hope today went well xx

Thank goodness I'm not alone. I suppose in many ways I have become attached to my fat self, after all I've been fat since childhood so I've come to see myself as fat. Consciously I don't think I do, but evidence certainly proves otherwise, sigh! But I'm getting excited to know thin me now :D

Yesterday went well with mum - we went out for lunch and I had soup and a sandwich. When we got back to mum's she brought out biscuits and crisps for the hubby and herself, which is fair enough. I know some would think that cruel but one thing I did learn from doing Lipotrim and Cambridge in the past is that in some ways when people go OTT and feel guilty, it can be difficult not to crumble in the face of what is actually their discomfort. My mum was very nice and gave me an apple instead too hehe! She did offer to make me a fruit salad :D

So the weekend is going swimmingly and here's to Monday's WI :D

*hugs* to all

Ah isn't that lovely of your Mum?!

I never think people are cruel to have things I 'can't'. When I started LT I made the conscious decision that I wouldn't give anyone else a hard time for my choice. So I still do everything I did before, I just choose not to eat or drink anything not on plan while I'm doing it. It's been a great learning experience.

Interestingly I started a thread about what I'd learned on the LT forum and it seemed to spark others to think about it too - always a good thing IMHO!

Keep it up kiddo - you're going great! Look forward to seeing your result tomorrow! :) x

Yep, I read your LT thread and it is so true :)

I'm excited about tomorrow hehe! I've been very good all week and really hope to reap the reward ;)

Brr, I'm freezing - stupid weather.

Back