CarolineM's new improved diary

Nice to see a photo Caroline! :) ... Quite different to your avatar pic - or is it me?

Glad you're getting back in control. Hope you enjoy the Bank Hol - and everyone else too!! xx

I was younger and thinner in my avatar picture. Plus was professionally done and had lots of self-tan on lol

Can't believe how quiet it is in here - where are the new peeps? Hope you are all enjoying the diet :)

Another weekend ahead and must say after speaking to my mum yesterday, I think she has finally got it - she is going to do us some new potatoes, white fish and veggies for dinner tomorrow. I love fish - it's one thing I really miss on DC.

Right on with work - it's been really busy lately. That's good though - more money in the pot for those DC boxes :p

I was younger and thinner in my avatar picture. Plus was professionally done and had lots of self-tan on lol

Can't believe how quiet it is in here - where are the new peeps? Hope you are all enjoying the diet :)

Another weekend ahead and must say after speaking to my mum yesterday, I think she has finally got it - she is going to do us some new potatoes, white fish and veggies for dinner tomorrow. I love fish - it's one thing I really miss on DC.

Right on with work - it's been really busy lately. That's good though - more money in the pot for those DC boxes :p

It has gone really quiet, seens just us here nowadays, never mind.

As long as we still have people around to support each other and the new DCers coming along I guess - the DC forum is busy which is perhaps why this one isn't!

I resisted the urge for Nandos and have put my veg out already so it's just a case of switching on the steamer. Nandos would have been okay but the fact is, I only wanted Nandos cos I'm tired. Tiredness is my real diet killer to be honest!

i'm still around!! been a bit busy but back now!

Well done for resisiting Nandos!

Good news about Mum - that's a relief for you coz I know it was a challenge every week.

I'm glad you've got the pennies coming in to pay for DC ... what is it that you do?? I have a feeling I know but I can't remember, forgive me - it's me age dear :eek: xx

Yeah, the situation with mum was putting a real downer on things but now with her on board I honestly feel a sense of certainty and a new found determination.

I'm a self-employed virtual legal secretary - i.e. I sit at home typing hehe! Get paid per minute of typing so it's piece work - I like it like that as what I put in, I get out. No covering for lazy people :D

Going to be a nice day today :D Just had granola with raisins and milk for breakfast. Think we are going out for lunch - a shop called Booths which is near mum's so will get some soup and a roll - it's the safest option, even in warm weather.

Must admit, I never liked soup much but I'm starting to get rather fond of it hehe!

Hope everyone has a great long weekend and enjoys the sun, oh and behaves lol

Hmmmmmm - virtually legal or virtually a secretary? HeeHee :eek:

Bet you know a lot of long, complicated words then ;)

Enjoy your soup and have a great weekend xx

lol Virtually legal sounds about right. Hmm, I know a lot of complicate, albeit useless, words lol

Yesterday went well but I felt like a bloated elephant. Feel the same today. Now I did get on the scales on Friday and was chuffed but this morning those scales are showing a big gain so guess it's a case of water retention - I do wish there was some rhyme or reason to water retention but it just seems to strike randomly.

Hoping it shifts today so I get a good result tomorrow :D Mind you, I don't mind not getting a great result if I know why I haven't got a great result :p

Hope you are all enjoying the weather :D

Good luck tomorrow - hope it was just one of those scale 'blips'!

BTW - it's okay to FEEL like a bloated elephant - as long as you don't eat a whole one .... ;) xx

YAY!!! GO YOU!! Fandabidozy ...... Back on track with avengeance (a vengeance?? - vengeance (sp?) whatever! :) ;))

Had a mishap which has led to a little Xenical side effect but not too bad - I ate my dinner late yesterday and took my tablet late, forgot and had some Revels (within calories). Well Revels are definitely more than 5% fat, doh!

Have ordered more DC - signed up to the ongoing programme thing so I get the week free. Am looking forward to trying the porridge :D

Whoops - confession time, again! I was a bad girl and had pizza and yep chocolate last night (obviously no Xenical!).

But hey, that was last night and I'm back on track today.

I don't think it was comfort eating, I just think sometimes I feel a bit deprived or I get tired. Still hoping for a loss this week but means being a good girl until Monday, which I'm sure I can do as apart from the occasional blips, I'm very much in the zone.

Here's to onwards and downwards lol

Back on track :D

Weird posting straight after myself several times in a row but hey, I'm honoured by any replies I get - it's way better than my personal diary (not "pay" this or that in it :p)

Chicken curry tonight with onion, mushroom and a chopped up chilli. Then got an orange for later.

I'm really looking forward to dinner cos I'm hungry lol

I don't think it was comfort eating, I just think sometimes I feel a bit deprived or I get tired.

Errrrrrm - so what do YOU call comfort eating then ... LOL!!

I know you can sort it - it's that 80/20 thing isn't it?

(Now don't be working out if you've done the whole 'not sticking strictly for 20% of the time thing' LOL! )

Well done for still being in the 'zone'! :)

I've definitely done the 80% good thing :D

Hmm, comfort eating to me has more to do with emotions, i.e. when I'm stressed or worried. I used to be really bad but have worked hard on recognising that angle.

Imho, my big thing is laziness - I mean, chopping veg is so much work :p

You got all your food in?

Woohoo :D It's sunny, very very nice and sunny :D

And it's Friday, a very very sunny and nice Friday :D

Getting my hair cut really short tomorrow morning. Hmm, wonder how much hair weighs lol

Did pop on the scales and think I may have one of those weird gains but it's a few days to go and I'm probably still recovering from my naughty pizza. I'm expecting a gain or STS this week - it's my usual result for week 3 regardless of whether I've been good or naughty.

Fingers crossed it turns around those - I'd love to break the week 3 habit ;)

Yes it sure is a lovely day!!

I've had a really stressful few weeks family wise and haven't been around as much as I would have liked in the last couple of days due to running round with them but I think there's finally light at the end of the tunnel. The only down side really is I've missed out on sleep - which I don't cope well with so hoping to be able to catch up over the weekend. As I'm working it means that I'll spend the sunny weekend days in bed :eek: - but I need it so never mind.

I also think comfort eating is about emotions, I know what you mean, but I think the things you mentioned ie feeling deprived or tired also bring the emotions that comfort food (debatably) 'helps'. Does that sound pedantic? Sorry if so - don't mean to nit-pick :eek:

BTW! Chopping veg is ABSOLUTELY too much like hard work!! Bird's eye steam veg packs are £1 on offer at Tesco ya know ;)

Have a super weekend. xx

Back