CarolineM's new improved diary

Thank you Itsy :D

Finally finished work for the day, phew!

I'm looking forward to a relaxing evening and letting the hubby take care of the fluffy kitties. Sometimes it's like a kitty version of the Birds in our house - one day I think they are going to eat me ! Well maybe not, but that "feed me" look is downright scary, albeit in a cute way.

ohhhhhhhhh caroline i love cats i'm so much a cat person :) how old are they..
let you in on a secret my forum name belongs to my cat :D x maggie

What isty and shep said. :D

(This is starting to become a bad habit! :rotflmao:)

Seriously though, Happy Birthday again enjoy your evening of good ol' chillaxin'. ;) xx

Maggie - we have four cats: two are nearly 15, one is around 13 (I think) and just got a one year old kitten who turned up half dead on the doorstep: he's my first baby boy cos the first three are ladies. You can see some pics at polyhex.com gallery :: Our cats

Been good today :D Even done a bit of cleaning too :O Mother is coming to us on Saturday so dare not leave the place in a mess. Of course, this kind of means the diet may go to pot on Sat - planned dinner I'm cooking is:-

Starter: smoked salmon with capers and brown bread

Main: slow cooked lamb with roast potatoes and carrots (may inflict a romanesco cauliflower on mum but she's already said she doesn't like the look of it - it's so pretty imho!)

Dessert: lemon meringue (was going to do apple crumble but decided may be too heavy).

Cheese and crackers (and may God have mercy on my belly :p)

So what you all think? Mother gonna be impressed? Yep, in case you haven't gather I've never really truly cooked for my mother before. Strange isn't it but she can be funny about food, sigh! One carrot not quite cook and I may as well call the whole dinner a failure hehe!

Right, better get back to cleaning :(

Hope everyone is having a great day :D

Maggie - we have four cats: two are nearly 15, one is around 13 (I think) and just got a one year old kitten who turned up half dead on the doorstep: he's my first baby boy cos the first three are ladies. You can see some pics at polyhex.com gallery :: Our cats

Been good today :D Even done a bit of cleaning too :O Mother is coming to us on Saturday so dare not leave the place in a mess. Of course, this kind of means the diet may go to pot on Sat - planned dinner I'm cooking is:-

Main: slow cooked lamb with roast potatoes and carrots (may inflict a romanesco cauliflower on mum but she's already said she doesn't like the look of it - it's so pretty imho!)

Dessert: lemon meringue (was going to do apple crumble but decided may be too heavy).

So what you all think? Mother gonna be impressed? Yep, in case you haven't gather I've never really truly cooked for my mother before. Strange isn't it but she can be funny about food, sigh! One carrot not quite cook and I may as well call the whole dinner a failure hehe!

Hey you can I come to dinner as well. yum yum!!!!!!

Loving the new goals. So come on then girl we need to get going. I had a STS this week, but it TOTM and got this bloody cold.

Last edited:

HI caroline oooooh your cats are lovely,
i have a black one called Itsy she's 14 and lovely..Like shep said can i come to dinner too, sounds delicious, hope you have great time...

hey shep how are you apart from your cold poor u.. you cant diet when u got a cold, just concentrate on getting better, x hugs..

hey shep how are you apart from your cold poor u.. you cant diet when u got a cold, just concentrate on getting better, x hugs..

i have tried this week, but feeling so rough i am giving up and eating the stodge i want today, hopefully by Monday will be better and will get back on the diet. My body is hungering for stodge and hot food, like pie and mash.

Your cats are lovely Caroline & i love the 1 called bonkers, i used to have a cat that looked like that but she had more white patches on her, her name was Rosie.
Good luck with cooking dinner for your mum it sounds very nice & im sure she wll love it.

How did the dinner go????

i had a cat called Tigger, I swear he was human, followed me down the shops and waited outside. Always slept on my bed. My best friend, he survived until his 19th birthday, i missed him so much. When I moved out i had my mums black cat (he pinned for me and wouldn't eat any food)he had 1 white spot between his legs and his name was Spot and I had him 21 years after that I said no more cats, so what did my hubby do, he rescued a puppy from a farm....... mix of German Shepherd and Akita and she is beautiful and so soppy and a member of our family now. So back to having a pet again....... :D:D:D:D

Hey Caroline hows things going? Happy belated birthday I hope you had a good 1 :D

xx

Ahhh, lost my post cos the forum crashed :(

Right, here goes again (albeit much shorter - yay, you say hehe!):-

Saturday - mum was impressed especially with the starter and champagne. Phew, so relieved. Diet went out the window.

Sunday - went to Southport Airshow with friends. Had a great time but again diet went bye bye.

And come Monday work was so so so so so busy, I ordered in a rather unhealthy Chinese!

So today I'm back on track again. It's all about laziness and tiredness - but tis crazy cos I can make a dinner in 5 minutes with DC and frozen steam veg - but then DC isn't a takeaway is it! Still crazy though - any excuse will do.

Hope you are all doing great *hugs*

Ahhh, lost my post cos the forum crashed :(

Right, here goes again (albeit much shorter - yay, you say hehe!):-

Saturday - mum was impressed especially with the starter and champagne. Phew, so relieved. Diet went out the window.

Sunday - went to Southport Airshow with friends. Had a great time but again diet went bye bye.

And come Monday work was so so so so so busy, I ordered in a rather unhealthy Chinese!

So today I'm back on track again. It's all about laziness and tiredness - but tis crazy cos I can make a dinner in 5 minutes with DC and frozen steam veg - but then DC isn't a takeaway is it! Still crazy though - any excuse will do.

Hope you are all doing great *hugs*
Hi Caroline
Glad everything went ok with your dinner & your mum liked it.

Years ago i used to live in Southend-on-Sea & we loved to go to the seafront when there airshow was on, it was always packed & had lots of other things going on like flight simulators, sml bungy jumps & market stalls. One year i couldnt walk to seafront to watch the airshow as was very heavy pregnant so we watched the planes fly over our garden & as the Red Arrows flew over they made a heart shape with their coloured smoke & my hubby said to my 4yr old daughter that they made that for mummy (ah bless)

Mmmmmm chinese i fancy one now, but at the moment my weight seem to be going up more than going down, oh well have to keep chipping at it.
Good luck for this week.

Morning all :D

Ah Mercury, I love the Red Arrows - it never gets old. That's a lovely anecdote :) My favourite at the moment is the Eurofighter Typhoon - it is so loud and makes the ground vibrate! Very scary machine indeed. I know how you feel about the weight going up and down - that's me at the moment. Here's hoping the October Challenge inspires :D

Wasn't so good on the diet yesterday. I seem to do great during the day but the evenings fail me.

But I've sneaked a peak and have lost weight so here's hoping tomorrow's proper WI shows a loss, even if it is small - small is good.

Good luck with thw WI tomorrow :) a small loss is still a big loss :)

xxx

I've lost 2lbs :D I weighed in yesterday for the challenge. Am really chuffed as I've not really been dieting - probably water loss but hey, who cares hehe!

Shep - you'll soon get back on track. Hope you are having a great birthday.

I'm having a bad day - normally I'll take any work, but I'm close to refusing some as it really is not enjoyable and takes too long. Will see how it goes and how much of it I get - if too much then I will have to say something, which would be a shame.

Going to the Trafford Centre tonight - gonna have chicken ramen at Tampopo, then buy some nice Lush stuff and possibly some underwear from Evans. All depends if I have the energy!

Didn't sleep so good lastnight - keep dreaming about lupins! Why I ask myself but perhaps it will just have to remain a mystery. Not like I can eat them!

Back