Cas's weightloss diary x

Cas, why dont u look back at your diary lesding up to christmas and see what u were doing? might give u some ideas? u were certainly having potatos then and still losing well x

It's horrible when you hit a plateau with the weight loss. Even though I lost 1lb this week, I feel sort of stuck in a rut and not very focused. Really need a boot up the behind to get back on track!

It's a good idea to mix things up some days, carb/eat-wise so you don't get bored with it. Be good to see what sort of results you get from now on in.

You have had a horrid year from the sounds, it's natural to still be feeling the effects of it all. Too much in too short a time can take its toll :(. Just try to focus on your success - you can do this and you will get by this wee stumbling block and to your target! You've come so far already so be proud!!

Thanks Donna for the lovely comments and your rep!!

Well update on dinner I'm now baking a potato, I'm forgetting the baked beans, kind of agree jacket spud is much more nicer, more filling and hardly any difference with calories. I'm just going to stick with 1200 cals Sun-fri, Sat-about 2000 ( treat night), going try and aim just to eat 1 portion of carbs a day, but I might have odd day where I eat more carbs and only 1 portion of meat just to mix things up and I'll be wi on Saturdays.

I really don't mean to sound down but had so much going on this year losing my granddad which seems to have really hit me all of sudden, my nan's in hospital now and family are barely talking to each other. Then today some girls at Emily's school said something mean to her- kids can be so cruel can't they.

I would go for Cumberland sausages with mash but it depends what you like -maybe look for a recipe and make some homemade one's or go to a proper butcher. The pork low fat nu me sausages aren't that nice not much flavour in them.

I'm just having 2 cans of diet coke today, with my lunch and tea I used to be addicted to full fat coke but I weaned myself on to diet during pregnancy, so now I can't stand normal coke!. I have to admit some days I could easily drink whole big bottle or 3- 4 cans so going try and aim to stick with 2 glasses and drink loads of water in between.

I wished I had a friend to go zumba with, most of my friends are skinny! xx
Morning gorgeous - you deserved that rep - glad you swapped them nasty old beans for jacket spud - more filling and comforting

I think you are stressing too much over your calories - relax a bit as time2go says - you were enjoying potatoes and having good losses - have a look back and see what's changed.

You;ve had a rotten year and there are some people in this work experience stress and the weight falls off - with me its like every passing calorie sticks to my bum! The thing about bad times is that you need to recognise the good stuff in life - husband, children, friends (even the skinny ones!), minimins, your own strength and determination, you
are a brillant mother and wife and are an amazing minimin friend and I count myself so so so lucky to have

Kids are horrible - but what goes around comes around - trust me - been there with Meg - as long as Mummy is there with a kiss and a hug they soldier on and toughen up

I think I had more motivation then and my cals were lower around 1100 a day, will double check -great idea x
Diets are so much more fun when you start them - how about introducing a few new meals to spice things up?

Hope you have a better day today xxx

Hey Cas- hope you are feeling better this morning. Hate plateaus so much and agree its actually easier sticking to much lower cals and I found having soup every night really helped me, HOWEVER, I want to be able to have a nice healthy dinner with my bf and as this is a long term thing, I think we should stick it out at >1200 and eventually it must melt away- mega frustrating though I understand. I do think getting rid of as much diet coke as you can will help x

Thanks Erin, Donna, Berryberry and Ally.

Your all so lovely and kind- I feeling much better today- although not had much sleep with Maisie up during the night and throwing up- nearly over me lol.

It has been a rubbish year really losing two people in the family, but I do have a great children, partner, a few good friends and all of you :)

Anyway all your points are correct- I have hit a plateau, I've lost the motivation as well but I do agree I'm not going go below 1200 cals! I'm going stick with it and mix up my food more maybe try and add some new meals instead of eating the same things, so will be looking through your diaries later to pick some recipes :) as your all such lovely cooks.
The only problem I have is cooking dinner can be crazy at times with 2 lo's in the house, Hollie's on the go now or always wants to be in my arms.

Still going avoid bread, chocolate and cut down on diet coke and not eating eat a lot of carbs and protein together and cutting down on the c r a p as Berryberry put it the other day lol.

Hope your all having a lovely day x

Wow that is an amazing burn !!! I haven't done the sit up builder for ages might have to start that again x

Exercise 180 mins- 728 cals burnt -mainly walking, going start of doing 20 sit ups every day and then increase them to 30 and so on.

I feel great after my long walk, I really feel I can do this now!

Can I come for dinner - steak in pepper sauce yum!!! i will bring actifry chips lol

Well done on the exercise hun - isn't amazing how a bit of sunshine, fresh air and exercise refocuses us

Onwards and upwards Cas xxx

Donna-I need to borrow your activfry- homemade chips are the best!! I think oh should treat me to one.

Debs- You gave me the sit up ideas, I got one of those ab belts but I found it adds to much pressure on c section scar, so going just do your sit ups for now.

Oh Maisie is still unwell going have to cancel the child minder as she's just been sick on my lovely cream carpet , which looks more like a chocolate colour now! poor buba x

Hey,

your giving up a lot, are you crazy? lol I think it be interesting to see if it makes much difference with wi's- hope it does :)

I'm also giving up bread, but I'm lucky I can go with out bread, just need to think of other quick ideas for lunch- ideas are welcome.
I could never give up my diet coke- love it too much I'd be too irritable if I did so it wouldn't be fair on the girls or Chris.
I found the chocolate challenge so going give that ago from tomorrow, as I had a chocolate mini roll earlier.

I'm ok hardly loss anything since Christmas so really need to stay on track from now on, I'm so fed up with being over weight its really getting me down at the moment.

All good luck for Zumba class its a great start for you then x

Zumba was very disappointing, but I wasn't the only one complaining so I guess I picked a bad class for my first! I don't even have two slices of bread and week so that's easy for me. I'm giving power hoop ago, it boosts weight loss and inches from your stomach and waist even though it's an all over body workout its fab results on your middle xx

I would take a spud over baked beans every day of the year - I really fancy sausage and mash - what sausages would you recommend?

OMG are you mad - you are giving up so much, I must admit I didn't realise how much fizz I drank til i swapped to hot water and lemon, suddenly there are 3-4 bottles of fizz left at the end of each week!

Hope Zumba is fun - I wish I had someone to go with - a lady i know vaguely describes it as "a girls night out minus the wine and hangover" x

My sister allows herself one glass of diet coke a night once she has put kids to bed - omg she is so ratty if she doesn't get it - she literally shakes

Cas don't be fed up - things have been so higgledy-piggledy with the easter break/hols, girls being poorly, you being poorly, crap weather, being stuck indoors

What is your plan now - 1200/WW Points and one portion of carbs a day? and remind me what day do you weigh in?

Come on you are one of my inspirations on here, chin up! xxx

I need to find another class last night never went so well. I do drink far too much fizzy stuff even though it's always diet so I think I'm craving that a little but the chocolate thing isn't bothering me yet xx

Aw sorry about zumba - I really excited for you, maybe it was just a bad class- power hoop sounds great never heard of it before. I'm not a big bread person either sometimes if I have soup then I'll have 2 small slices of wm or I do enjoy a nice chicken sandwich- can't stand white bread though. Not had bread for a few days but I just need to think of different ideas for lunch, I could still have my soup with out the bread. I've stayed away from biscuits as well. I just had 2 cans of diet coke per day usually would have 3 or 4 or a big bottle, your doing brilliantly giving it up I would really struggle.
Hope the other classes go better for you, going look up my local gym and see if their are any classes worth doing.

My steak was so lovely, actually enjoyed having veg instead of garlic bread or onion rings x

Ooo, I know a girl who recently started power hoop... apparently you get quite bruised around the hip area haha but she loves it!!

She's only been doing it for a few months, think her classes are an hour per week but she's lost a few inches about her waist/hips already. She does do other exercise classes too though so could be a combo of things helping to tone :) x

Good for you resisting the bread & choccie. I'm in a total choccie mood today but thankfully there is none in the house and I don't plan on leaving as it is pouring down outside!! x

Sounds fab I'm glad I'm going to do it. I'm hoping spinning will help get some weight off too xx

Donna-I need to borrow your activfry- homemade chips are the best!! I think oh should treat me to one.
Oh Maisie is still unwell going have to cancel the child minder as she's just been sick on my lovely cream carpet , which looks more like a chocolate colour now! poor buba x
PM me your address and I'll get Paul to drop it off
How's Maisie today - Noah and Paul have both gone now - Paul to childminder and Noah to work lol!
Zumba was very disappointing, but I wasn't the only one complaining so I guess I picked a bad class for my first! I don't even have two slices of bread and week so that's easy for me. I'm giving power hoop ago, it boosts weight loss and inches from your stomach and waist even though it's an all over body workout its fab results on your middle xx
Oh what a shame! you were so looking forward to it as well. Not heard of power hoop but it sounds fun! and a real calorie burn
I need to find another class last night never went so well. I do drink far too much fizzy stuff even though it's always diet so I think I'm craving that a little but the chocolate thing isn't bothering me yet xx
i must admit i have been drinking a bit more fizz - back ont he water and lemon today, my skin was so much nicer when i only drank water - where my halo has slipped it's not glowing as much
Aw sorry about zumba - I really excited for you, maybe it was just a bad class- power hoop sounds great never heard of it before. I'm not a big bread person either sometimes if I have soup then I'll have 2 small slices of wm or I do enjoy a nice chicken sandwich- can't stand white bread though. Not had bread for a few days but I just need to think of different ideas for lunch, I could still have my soup with out the bread. I've stayed away from biscuits as well. I just had 2 cans of diet coke per day usually would have 3 or 4 or a big bottle, your doing brilliantly giving it up I would really struggle.
Hope the other classes go better for you, going look up my local gym and see if their are any classes worth doing.

My steak was so lovely, actually enjoyed having veg instead of garlic bread or onion rings x
love bread! tiger bread, wholemeal bread, seeded bread but I dont miss it - and I immediately see a difference in my stomach - it shrinks!

Cas on the SW pages there is a recipe for onion rings using frylite and smash - they are supposed to be amazing - I love onion rings but as yet have never made them

Ooo, I know a girl who recently started power hoop... apparently you get quite bruised around the hip area haha but she loves it!!
wear lots of padding them tez!
It sounds great :)

Today:

B- nu me cereal bar, cuppa and slice of banana. 3pps

L- Jacket potato and coleslaw- 8pps

D- 2 chicken drumsticks, jacket potato, green beans and carrots. 10pps

S- apple, banana, 2 nu cereal bars.

Still not had any bread or chocolate :) and 70 mins walking later.
Lovely food today Cas - so flippin healthy, you really are back in the game - i am not exercising at all today -going to have a very lazy day before my return to work in the morning

Back