Caterina's food diary

Caterina

Hello all,

it is good to have space for a food diary, will edit and update as and when I can.

B. Dry fried egg, baked beans, dry fried mushrooms, tea.
S. Activia fig 3.5
L. Pasta peas and onion soup, salad w mozzarella & 1.5tsp oil, nat. yogurt with nuts and 3 prunes (1st hexA, 1st hexB, 4)
S. Celery sticks with 40g half fat cheddar (2nd hexA)
D. Aduki bean and veg soup, 2 tsp oil (4)
S. Small bowl of soup (no oil), banana, 2 tbsps natural yogurt (1)

Total 12.5

Last edited:
Today 22nd January (green):

B. Scrambled eggs in 1/2 tsp oil (1), 1 oz smoked salmon (1/2 hexB), black tea
S. 2 ryvitas (1/2 hexB), 1 tbsp peanut butter (4.5), marmite
L. Leftover Aduki soup, salad with 1 tsp oil (2), apple in natural yogurt (1)
S. 2 ryvitas (1/2 hexB) with 2 tsps Philly light (1)
D. Chick pea and vegetable curry with 1 tsp oil (2) and creamed coconut (2), boiled rice, steamed cabbage
S. Reduced fat cheddar (hexA) with celery sticks

total 13.5.

Last edited:
Here's today plan (green)

B. Activia prune (3) with apple, banana and orange, 2 ryvitas (1/2 hexB) with Philly light (hexA)
S. 6 Brazil nuts (hexB)
L. Boiled eggs and salad with 1tsp mayo and 1 tsp oil (4 in total)
S. 2 ryvitas (1/2 hexB) with Philly light (hexA)
D. Lentil and veg soup, salad with 1 tsp oil (2), fruit salad with cream (2)

total planned 11

Thank you Red Riding Hood and Jules for your greetings!

i was doing fine until tonight when I had friends around to dinner, all was going well until I had a couple of glasses of wine and had bread and butter, quite a lot of it, then cake, a lot too! But it is only one episode, tomorrow is another day and I shall be fine! :)

Re Aduki bean soup, soak 500g Aduki beans overnight, rinse, put in a pan with plenty of cold water, and boil hard for 5 minutes, then simmer for appx 1 hour or until tender. Add sliced carrot, cabbage and leek, bouillon powder and any spices and herbs you like. I add turmeric, cayenne pepper (in moderation) and fresh chopped parsley. If you like it thicker you can cook some rice or pasta in the bean broth, but I like the soup totally veg and bean.

I also add 1 tsp olive oil to each bowl of the soup because A. It tastes nice B. it helps absorb the fat soluble vitamins better C. It fills you up more.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Thank you Red Riding Hood and Jules for your greetings!

i was doing fine until tonight when I had friends around to dinner, all was going well until I had a couple of glasses of wine and had bread and butter, quite a lot of it, then cake, a lot too! But it is only one episode, tomorrow is another day and I shall be fine! :)

Re Aduki bean soup, soak 500g Aduki beans overnight, rinse, put in a pan with plenty of cold water, and boil hard for 5 minutes, then simmer for appx 1 hour or until tender. Add sliced carrot, cabbage and leek, bouillon powder and any spices and herbs you like. I add turmeric, cayenne pepper (in moderation) and fresh chopped parsley. If you like it thicker you can cook some rice or pasta in the bean broth, but I like the soup totally veg and bean.

I also add 1 tsp olive oil to each bowl of the soup because A. It tastes nice B. it helps absorb the fat soluble vitamins better C. It fills you up more.

Enjoy!

I keep getting told ... if you have a bad day draw a line under it and start again tomorrow. You will get back on track no probs ;)

The Aduki Bean soup sounds interesting I have never tried Aduki beans x

Back