Cathys Dukan diary

Ach I know, I just reeled off loads of stuff hes done, made fires, been fishing, made the living room into a den/ dark cinema while they watched a movie on Sky (a couple of times), baking cakes/bread, tended to all his animals, had BBQs etc. As for Emma, sadly there is nobody the same age here, the next one up is a boy 3 yrs older and the one below is a boy 4 years younger, poor thing so shes stuck with me till school, plus she only got to go to nursery twice a week. Anyway looking forward to the 17th August when they all toddle off on the bus, Emma will be coming home at lunch time for 2 weeks which is a huge pain(they wont bring her back so Dh is taking time off and my sister is helping out too) BUT, come the 30th August she will be away from 8.20 till 4.10, and hopefully things will be easier.

Im sure they will. Wow thats early start/late finish. is that due to the bus times?

Yes, we live 12 miles away but there are about 30 kids to be picked up along the way and we are 5th

wow. You really do live in the stix. must be lovely though. Have you always lived that far up?

(remind me where we're talking again? oooop north in the Highlands, yes... but where?)

Gosh how utterly stunning...

(do you have very short days up there? and is the weather awful though?)

hey - I don't have Tesco either (or Asda, Sainsbury's, Waitrose... anything selling English food, come to that!)

Oh wow stunning. I could make do with the lack of shopping for that. My girls would love the walks around there! and no chance of getting takeaway delivered!

No, no shops, dh is in the village at work everyday and I go shopping on Saturdays. It is fantastic and very gorgeous. Emma has never had fast food as in Mcd's and none of us have ever had a KFC, I crave it sometimes but I have no idea if I would like it or not lol. We dont have particularly short days no, but there are no streetlights or anything, so sometimes it may seem darker. The weather isnt as bad as it is on the east coast, its always raining there, and misty and murky. But here we dont get much snow because we are so near the sea, and where we are if its windy it often blows over us because we are nestled in the big hills.

Well I think we've found the site for a meet! What a fabulous place to grow up.

As for McDo and the like, your girls will thank you for that later. (Mind you, I must have had one only in my life also!)... I do like Chinese and Indian fast food, but not American fortunately!

It really does sound perfect and idyllic up there. Can we nose a little further - what made you move up there? Is your other half from there?

lol, my dad is from here
Google Image Result for http://www.donaldfordimages.com/gallery/ProdImages/ws152.jpg
45 miles from me, and my mum came up from Lancashire when she was a wee slip of a lass, to work in the hotel, and met my dad, they moved back to Lancashire till I was 9 then they got an offer of a job with a house at a fish farm near where he grew up, they had a bit of land there and built a house and rented it out, then dad left his job for another and we moved into the one they had built. I met my dh at a gathering dance in the village on a sort of blind date lol, he was born in this house so it was lovely to move back into it. Wen I first moved in with him we lived in a smaller house his dad had bought of the old woman who it belonged to, there was no water/electric etc, do they did it up and dh lived in it with his first wife. His sister was given this house so they both had one, but she didnt want this house, she lives on a farm elsewhere with her dh and they had also been given land along the road which she built a holiday house on, so we swapped her this house for a bit of our land for her son to build a house on. So thats how I came to:mermaid: live here lol.

I just put that mermaid in because I just found it in the smilies and I love it!

Wonderful story... I can't even pronounce Achnahaird Bay, Coigach, (and I need subtitles to watch Taggart), but it looks absolutely gorgeous!

ah wonderful story Cathy, thanks x yes thats our meeting place girls. My dogs will never want to come back!

You're so lucky Cathy :) I miss Scotland immensely, try to visit as much as possible........I need some treacle scones! :) yummy ! x

Yuck, my Dh loves treacle scones, I hate them.

Don't start me on fudge *drool*

see neither do it for me. Cheese on the other hand. No i have just found out the lauging cow blue cheese squares are ok. 30g. ;) they are tolerated!

Back