Cathys Dukan diary

me neither. TBH i know cheese stalled me on atkins so ill stay away for now (unless they are in little tesco when i do my mad supermarket dash tonight)

Oh WOW what a beautiful place to live:)

How are you getting on with the diet...are you struggling or finding it easy, are you missing anything in particular?

Are you finding the weight loss sufficient so far?

xx

Ok.... so this must be the surge of energy you get! I have spent all day flipping well cleaning, cant believe it lol. Upstairs is being insulated and Dh is doing it himself albeit pretty slowly. But I kept leaving the plaster board rubble and dust thinking he would be getting back round to do ing the rest of it. But today I thought FFS! I cant stand it anymore and completely cleaned it all up, plus I tidied Emmas room so its now clear, she kept asking which pile was the keeping pile and which was the rubbish pile so I told her which was which, but I have thrown both piles out, she wont even notice, she never plays in her bedroom anyway. result! I havent even been hungry today so I have just nibbled, that galette seems to last me 3/4 of the day, I have been having it about 10.30 ish, and it does me till about 3 then I have a bit of tuna with dressing or a boiled egg and tuna with dressing, so at 6 i will have some smoked or peppered mackerel or both lol, then late I will have a cup of decaff and a mullerlight vanilla yog for a sweet treat, its weigh in tomorrow, but its only after 5 days of Dukan properly all attack, so interesting to see what I have lost, if anything, eek, I'm a bit scared lol.
right enough rambling from me for today. Off to make the dinner xx

Oh WOW what a beautiful place to live:)

How are you getting on with the diet...are you struggling or finding it easy, are you missing anything in particular?

Are you finding the weight loss sufficient so far?

xx

Thanks it is beautiful.

I am finding it quite easy to be honest. This is my last time dieting, and I love the low fat low carb approach, it is testing though, but I am looking forward to getting to another level where I can have more stuff to nibble on, like tomatoes & cucumbers and peppers.
This is my first proper week last week I lost a couple of lbs, but my friends came round and we had snacks and wine and it all sort of went to pot lol, but Ias I hadnt started the diet properly it wasnt a terrible thing. But I weighed myself on monday and I was 199lbs after my weekend of rubbish lol.
So I am weighing in tomorrow my first real weigh in and I will readjust my tickers and profile as to what I loose by then.

I am missing things, wine and cheese are the 2 main ones I would choose to have if i could have any, I'm not really a sweetie person anyway though I love cake and chocolates, I prefer wine and cheese lol. But thats it and I know really I am basically re training my self to eat properly and teach myself I can have things later on down the line then get back on track but not binge on crap and be hard on myself. Well thats what I am hoping for anyway.

How are you finding it Mel?

Ah great stuff Cathy, yes I am also a cheese lover;) I am missing biscuits and crisps...I am a pure crisp addict and a cuppa just isn't the same without dunking a biccie:(

Apart from missing those things a little bit, I am finding the diet extremely easy and fulfilling, when I was on slimfast or calorie counting I was always starving, and when I was doing SW I barely lost anything and my weight would bounce up and down, although admittedly I was never hungry;)

I still haven't decided which combination of cruise I am going to do?

Cathy isnt that energy great!!!! you have been busy!

my house could do with a good clean if your energy levels are still up lol

Mel - if you're missing biscuits and crisps, then we need to find you Dukan ok recipes! There are (oatbran) biscuit recipes (ok you might need to use some imagination to trick yourself they're biscuits as you know them - but, give it time, and when you've been doing this diet a few weeks, you'll love them!). Crisps I've already made myself - simply slice finely veggies which are ok and bake in oven! Easy peasy! And they're nice!

Cathy - ref "more things to nibble on" - strictly speaking, if you need "nibbles" on this diet, then you're not eating enough at meal times perhaps? Something to look at. And, of course, getting out of our excess nibbling habits is something which will help us later on.

Having said that, I always have a snack (fat free yoghurt usually) in the office at about 5pm as I go past some VERY tempting places on my walk home!

Its just because I am bored waiting for little people to go to bed/ dh to come in for his dinner before \I do my final washing up and sit down for the evening. If he comes in early and the kids are all sorted I dont bother. also yesterday I was waiting for the fishman coming round in his van and I waited 2 hours and I couldnt do anything in case I didnt hear him go past the house, and he had my lunch lol, so the nibbles were to stop me starving.

Anyway all these habits will break I find myself less and less hungry on this diet so dont need to nibble.
I cant believe my ticker this morning either, how fantastic, looking forward to next week now!

How fabulous having a fishman bring one's lunch to one's door (albeit raw!)...

In the village where my country place is here there's a bread van each morning, and a meat and a grocer's van once a week each. Such a lovely tradition! They HONK loudly but, it's true, you need to be up and dressed! My visitors at the house this weekend have only managed to be up and decent once for the bread/croissant van this week - and he doesn't come until 9.30amish. Fortunately for them, my other half managed all but one morning to buy fresh breakfast for them! Lazy loaves! Anyone would think they were on holiday! Even the KIDS sleep until mid-morning!

Sounds fantastic, fresh bread brought to your door., mmmm
Yes the fish is very fresh usually caught that morning, as we live by a fishing village.
We also have our own meat but its mainly mutton and pork, I dont eat mutton I hate lamb anyway, but I will be eating the pork even though Dukan says not to, Its protien and not carbs, its usually a roast on a Sunday and normally the only day we get to sit down as a family, though I must say our pork isnt fatty and when its slow cooked I can choose the best most succulent bit for myself ;-) We also have ducks but I dont really like it, Best thing though is that we have a friend who is a keeper at the lodge along the road and he gives us lots of venison which is my favorite thing very lean and delicious, plus both my BILs have cattle so we often get lovely steaks from them, must check in the freezer actually see if theres any left.

Venison is excellent for this diet... whereas pork, alas...

Venison tomorrow yum!
I got loads of fat free yogurt today and forgot the flipping sweetener. Will get Dh to get some on Monday, though hopefully if its a nice day tomorrow we could go for a drive and go past Tesco on the way lol. I have been busy today, Dh is doing plaster boarding upstairs and I had to help, plus do all the usual washing tidying etc.
Anyway best go and cook dinner, salmon for me today

Wooohoo just found out my brother in law Scott has won the Scottish national sheepdog trials today in Pitlochry, my sister says hes being interviewed for the news just now, best find out when he will be on lol.

Wow, that's great, Cathy. (I used to like watching that, the dogs are so obedient and clever).

It's been quite a high-achieving week for your family :). Well done!

Well done to your BIL and well done on your weightloss so far, you are doing great.

Good luck on cruise:)

Gosh Cathy... fabulous news! Lovely to "see" you in your picture now too...

I was pretty good this weekend, told Dh i had lost 7lbs so he was impressed and now keeps saying"are you allowed this, are you allowed that?
That made having salad with my roast a bit easier. I hate telling people I am dieting, I always fail as soon as I have told them, so I'm not telling anyone else, because I am not on 'a diet' I have changed my whole way of eating for ever and thats that lol.
So yesterday it was sunny, thank goodness we got one day in , theres only 1 week left of the hols for my kids and I was panicking we had had no sun.
I stuck a chicken in the slow cooker and we went off to the beach, it was fantastic, we stopped at Tesco on the way and remembered my sweetener and smoked salmon lol, got ham for me to eat at the beach, and snacks for the others too.
Had a wonderful time, stopped at my mums on the way back for a cuppa. It rained last night, so glad we managed to get to the beach once.
Emma is going to school next Tuesday so I am just about to make a star chart for her. When she was ill before her tonsils came out, I would let her fall asleep downstairs with me so I could lift her to the loo before I went to bed. I still let her, but I dont lift her to the loo now, so next step is to get her going to sleep in her own bed, but she loves the promise of choosing a toy at the shop so if on Saturday morning she has gone to bed and gone to sleep herself, obviously I will go up help her put her nighty on and read her a story, but if she has stayed in her bed every night, when we go shopping on Saturday she can choose a toy.

Glad to be on PP again today :D

Back