Cathys Dukan diary

I find PP easier too, Cathy, since you know you can't have veg at all. I find it harder to limit the quantities on PV days but have started doing the 2/3 protein foods, 1/2 veg quantities so I'll get used to it.

Glad you all had a nice day yesterday, can't believe it's their last week, we still have 3 1/2 weeks until school goes back (am looking forward to it).

Cross today, stepped on the scales and its 2lbs up *sob* It is TOTM though so I hope its that and water retention, I did have some salty food yesterday and possibly not enough to drink, I felt bloated though and not thirsty and every time I went to drink water it felt horrible. Anyway, I havent done anything wrong so it must just be water retention, Such a sore tummy though today , I thought the mirena was meant to make it better mind you I have only had it for 2 months

It WILL be that, Cathy, maybe with the extra salt too. Drink more and it will come off again.

I know you're supposed to weigh yourself every day on this diet, but I don't (just do twice a week). The gains will be lost by the time your official WI happens.

Sorry that you're suffering.

Crap crap crap, I ate cake, *sob sob* stupi stupid me.

Right it was delicious I now know what it tastes like so I dont need more.
I'm not having anything else now today

GGGGRRRR

aww hugs hun draw a line and have a pp day tomorrow totm is such a killer im heading towards it and im bracing myself

It was my friends fault, she is pre menstrual and had brought a cake, she was at a market selling her pottery & my soap and friend we had fallen out with for a stupid reason (they have fallen out with us) well they were quite horrible to her today in a rond about way and it really upset her and she cried, and I felt so awful when she had gone, and nobody else liked the cake, it had ginger bits in it, so I had some.
I would have been fine if she hadnt have called round.
Anyway tomorrow is another day, I had 2 bits of ham just now and am just making a cuppa before going to bed.

TOTM is bad for the sugar cravings - you should see how much sweetner I've used the last few days. Anyway, you did well to have ham afterwards and not more cake, so give yourself a pat on the back and good luck for today. xxx

Absolutely - your behaviour afterwards was impeccable! Good for you!

Now back to plan... good idea from Robin to make some Dukan friendly desserts at that time of the month (don't suffer myself any longer from TOTMs thanks to my pill! Weird at first but nice now!)

Just been reading about the rhubarb muffins on the menu thread, maybe I will make those next time and have a sneaky PV day, could put some spices in too.
I had a merina fitted 8 weeks ago and am waiting for that to settle down and hopefully then I wont have any more TOTM either.
I just feel that I wont loose any weight this week and I will be upset about it. I have never ever lost weight twice in a row on a diet, its always been so up and down, and with a huge loss that I had last week, its worrying me that I wont have one this week, I have 2 days to loose 3lbs to be on track because I weigh 195 this morning, it must be water, that cake was 2 small slices and it couldnt possibly have turned to fat overnight. Anyway will try and do jogging round the kitchen this afternoon. I have to make some nettle soap so that will take my mind off food for a while. Its absolutely pouring down so no way am I going out in it. well I have to go up to the washing line to put the wet washing back on it, it all fell off in the night.

The washing fell off in the night? (into the mud?????)

My walk was ruined by rain too... When the alarm went off early, I checked outside, saw no rain and got up (grudgingly). Before I left home, I checked again, saw no SIGN of future rain, so headed off to walk... then not even halfway here, drip drip POURRRRRRR... fortunately not that far from a metro station! grrrr!

The cake won't have turned into fat Cathy but WILL most likely have taken you out of ketosis... so if today's a PP, all well and good. If you're hungry today, eat some chicken... or a boiled egg...

Does the Mirena coil stop periods too? I didn't realise that! (Is it a side effect to gain weight with that coil? I just wondered because I thought of it at one point but wasn't sure about the weight thing)

you will get back to ok , i find if im stressed about stuff dieting is a nightmare and totm the little bi of temptation is a killer keep plodding on hun xx

The washing fell off in the night? (into the mud?????)

My walk was ruined by rain too... When the alarm went off early, I checked outside, saw no rain and got up (grudgingly). Before I left home, I checked again, saw no SIGN of future rain, so headed off to walk... then not even halfway here, drip drip POURRRRRRR... fortunately not that far from a metro station! grrrr!

The cake won't have turned into fat Cathy but WILL most likely have taken you out of ketosis... so if today's a PP, all well and good. If you're hungry today, eat some chicken... or a boiled egg...

Does the Mirena coil stop periods too? I didn't realise that! (Is it a side effect to gain weight with that coil? I just wondered because I thought of it at one point but wasn't sure about the weight thing)
Ah of course, I forget about the ketosis thing because its not really been mentioned like in atkins hes teling you to use sticks to see if you have ketones etc, but no mention of much of that here.
The washing fell onto the ground, it wasnt even windy, it must be just drenched and it must have got too heavy and dropped off, its on the grass, probably covered in duck sh*t now. well I have new school clothes to wash now so they cant come in here for another wash till I have done the school stuff.So they can stay out, its only a few towels and a pair of old work jeans and dh is taking next week off anyway.

Re Mirena, yes it (hopefully) thins the lining of your womb so there is much less bleeding , it happens over time so I am still waiting, it makes periods shorter too. I made sure to ask if is going to stop periods will that mean no TOTM bloating/cravings etc and the GP said they should all go, so all good. (with any luck). I havent put any weight on at all, it hasnt affected me. I didnt with the pill either. In fact not much seems to make a difference to my weight putting on or taking off lol xx
Hope you dont get rained on again. Its being really noisy here, its just lashing down

Sun's out again here now, so I've put the ventilator on because it's stuffy and airless in the office...

Must be nice to be able to hang your washing out, weather permitting, I can't in the city (no "out" to put it... used to put washing on the balcony but too many pigeons put pay to that!), and can't in the country (no garden behind, just yard in front so not very nice having one's smalls blowing around in full view of the world!!)

I just made those gorgeous quiches, how devine, can I just eat all 6 now lol, I made 3 smoked salmon ones which were nice but the best were the ham and cheese ones. I put ham and cottage cheese at the bottom and when I made the mixture, I put an egg and an egg white but
I whisked the egg white first and folded it it. Oh they were light and fluffy and the ham ones tasted really cheesy mmm, oh plus I put a tiny bit of grated onion on top too. Glad I tried to make those, will make the pitta tomorrow

it sounds as if you've already eaten all six!! theoretically, there are no restricted ingredients in them, so no problem if you're hungry!

however for the "pita" bread, it's got cornflour in it, so not ideal if you're not yet back in ketosis perhaps... perhaps a treat for the weekend? up to you of course!

I had 2 salmon ones and 1 ham one, will have the other 3 for dinner, Ah yes will wait till next week actually before I have the bread things, or wait till I have lost another lb to make sure I am still loosing before trying something else. I wonder what the quiches would taste like with rhubarb, sort of like a clafoutis type thing, yum with sweetener sprinkled on top. ooohhh yumm, will try at weekend when I am on PV

I don't dare make bread (for me, I've made for the others), I'll want cheese with it!

Will have a try of the quiches though, they sound nice.

Great idea Cathy, rhubarb flavoured quiches!... let us know!

Robin - have you found the carré frais ail et fines herbes 0%? they might make a nice garlicky cheesey addition to something (for someone who misses cheese that is!)

I dont for a minute think it will be 'like bread' Laura, but good if you want a wee snack or even to dip some in a garlicky type dip thing before dinner would be good

Feel better today and on track, I wonder if I have lost anything this week, I hope so, just a lb will do, then that will be 8lbs in 2 weeks, I have never lost that much in two weeks on a diet. I am the lowest I have been for a long time, so long even, that I cant remember,:).
Looking forward to tomorrow when I can have mushrooms and tomatoes lol. I think I have learned my lesson from the other weekend, hope nobody calls round this weekend:sigh:, I cant really be bothered, plus I have a lot to do to get an order out for Monday so that should keep me busy
xxx

Back