Caz's Dukan journey

lol thanks :)

Change in plan for my dinner tonight. I ended up having salmon baked in lemon leks and onions but I didn;t eat the leeks and onions - i just used them for flavouring. Also had a bowl of homemade chicken soup which was really nice :p

Have cooked myself a chicken breast marinated in yoghurt and tikka spices for lunch tomorrow. Breakfast will probably be boiled egg and ham and dinner hasn't been christened yet!

Going to do my stix shortly and see if I'm any nearer ketosis. I feel so so tired tonight, I just can't be bothered :sigh:

Still no trace on the ketostix! So if I'm having minimal carbs, no fat and my body is not burning fat for energy, where is it coming from?? Not that I have a lot of energy at the moment. Reckon I may have to drop the oatbran. Is this important and if so, why? :confused:

Hey babe you are not alone. Im still here holding your hand. At least your loosing

TY Babes xx :p

Reckon I may have to drop the oatbran. Is this important and if so, why?
read the book!!!!! im keeping with oatbran - i love my galettes!!!

It really is important, the oatbran... far more so than getting a colour on your sticks! Truly... it's good for you, helps with cholesterol, helps with "transit" issues, and might even help with the inevitable yoyoing we all find when we stop a low carb diet.

Dukan isn't known as "low carb" over here, but HIGH PROTEIN... If I could suggest anything, it would be to drop the ham first... and keep soups for lunch or snack rather than dinner, so as not to take a load of fluid on board in the evening.

On the French website I frequent, we try to encourage cooking your own chicken, salmon etc as you are going... avoiding tins and packages except for the odd emergency... so you're doing the right things... just that we need to tweak. I actually still don't think you're eating enough and don't forget that, for most of you, you're moving from Atkins to Dukan... so the increased carbs are bound to have an effect... initially... (no?)

Very possibly. Do you think i can half the oat bran? I was quite regular before and now im not. Im nights tonight so leave home at 5.30pm to start my shift at 7pm and work through til 7am so i dont mind having soup tonight for dinner. On a normal night i try to stop my fluid intake about 7pm, it also helps with waking to nip to the loo!
I should get into the habit of saying food amounts. I had almost a whole chicken breast for breakfast and thats very good for me as ive never been able to eat breakfast. I dont really eat ham unless there is nothing else to eat as i dont really like it (unless its in a baguette with tomatoes and salad cream!). Apart from the steak on Tues ive only eaten chicken and tuna

Mr Dukan recommends eating that amount (for lengthy reasons you can read about in the book hopefully, or on internet otherwise)... if you choose to eat half, then that'll be up to you.

I think Cher you're going to get very very bored pretty quickly if you only eat two things, chicken and tuna! Even I, queen of repetition, manage to find seven dinners and three or four different lunches!

I didnt eat breakfast or a proper lunch before starting on atkins so now i find i eat for the sake of having to. Strange i know. I rarely get hungry but im ready for my dinner. Im not bored yet but dont really know what else i can eat:(. Im very open to suggestions. I could honestly live off chicken and a veg.

I know you said you gained weight through pregnancy but, aside from that, were you overweight before? what are your main food (or drink?) demons?

my main demons are...wine, and pizza. and spag bol with garlic bread :D oh and chips !

Yours are easy Longratia...;) wine, ok a tough one, but there's a Dukan pizza AND spaghetti bolognese recipe! And of course you can always garlickify your galette!

ooh thats what i meant to ask - can we have passata or tinned tomatoes on pv day?

Ok my demons are/were........bread, ice cream, puddings and id eat 1 or 2 chocolate bars for a boost of energy on a night duty. Ive stopped that one as when i cut out carbs my energy levels went up so i wasnt needeing it and i really dont seem to fancy chocolate as much.

night duty does mess up your body rhythm too but, if you can get some muffins cooked up and frozen, they'd be IDEAL to just grab as you fly out to work... and they'll have defrosted by the time you need them!

Tinned tomatoes, no sugar, yes... (passata, I don't know what it is).

As I put in my food diary, it's advised to keep the protein levels high on a PV day... (I was told to think 66% protein, 33% veg on my plate cos, after all, it's a high protein diet!). So you'll need plenty of meat! Which is why, say, today with my tuna salad, I have some chicken too to give me extra protein cos I can't stomach more than 1/2 tin tuna!

So they dont take long to defrost then? I might try some in a bit. Can i make then sweet with splanda and cinnamon?

definitely... I "invented" these muffins ;) and people are always coming up with their versions. My other half likes his with a fruit yoghurt in also... but I begrudge any additional calories.

I tend to stick to savoury, cos I've a terrible sweet tooth and I was hoping to cure it... I love scrambled egg, smoked salmon, some of that fake caviar and a galette/muffin... very posh!

Ooh look at you mrs snob! We are so not worthy! Lol. And i can eat 4 of these to allow for my daily oat bran?

Back