cc iphone aps how do you keep track of your cals??

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by serafyn, 25 February 2010 Social URL.

1. serafyn

serafyn Full Member

How do people keep track of their cals consumed that day?? I have switched to using and iphone app..

Anyone use one for calorie counting and weight management? I have just purchased one, it helps keeps a running total of cals consumed that day and have discovered how inadequat this method was :eek: I was going way over, how do other people kep a running total? This app also adjusts my BMI according to weight and how many cals I should be consuming based on height BMI etc so I don't have to adjust it just does it... one draw back is that I would love it if the cals of foods were listed like in the books? e.g. meat fish and some products?? I am gonna think about getting my other half to write an app for this, as he has a mac etc..

I can't believe I just used to keep a total in my head... no wonder I don't get anywhere...:cry: :sigh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. IrishMum

IrishMum A little of everything!

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(14.92%)
    Diet:
    LT, now cc-ing to lose Christmas blubber!
    I track online. I can give you two sites (that are free to use) if you like? I haven't got an iphone (just a bog-standard one! LOL!) so can't help you there- sorry!

4. EveryRose

EveryRose Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(11.85%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I use a free online one that is great :)

5. sugar_fiend

sugar_fiend Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Which app are you using on your iphone? Is it my fitness pal? Just wondering :)

6. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I use myfitness pal on my iphone and online. It's fantastic! I do SW, but have also been CC'ing to help me shift the last few lbs and it's really working wonders.

7. serafyn

serafyn Full Member

I have a food and nutition app however I don't think it is as good as some of the apps mentioned here. It still keeps track though and in the past I just guessed :confused: and I wonder why I hadn't made any progress!!!

8. pumpkin2008

pumpkin2008 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.34%)
    Diet:
    low-cal
    I use Nutri check's online food diary, it's fantastic! It's not free, but well worth the money in my eyes! You can get it on your iphone too xx

9. peony

peony Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(17.24%)
    Diet:
    Lost 10 stones on LL/Exante a couple of years ago, have regained several stone so giving WW a go.
    I have tap and track. It is fab. You can set it according to how many lbs you want to lose/ gain a week or if you want to maintain and can also adjust calories up or down. Database isn't bad but o add all my own recipes and food brands to the database.
    X

10. Laura Croft

Laura Croft Happily maintaining

Diet:
    Healthy eating, was CD
    It's not an iphone app but I love Perfect Diet Tracker. It was suggested by KD and there's a thread in the Cambridge 1000-Maintenance forum about it. It is software so you need to load it on your computer but its' only a one off charge of £35.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.