CC lifesavers??

scotminx

Gold Member
Hey all,

Have been messing about with calorie counting + exercise for a couple of months now but have started back this week in earnest. I'm aiming for 1200-1400 cals a day but by the time the evening comes I'm often finding that I'm starving and have very few cals left.

So, I wondered what your lifesavers were? Are there low cal meals you regularly have that really fill you up? Are there some snacks that keep you going that you couldn't get by without?

I need some help folks...

Thanks! xx

Porridge in the morning, keeps me full till lunch so less cals wasted on snacks.
Wotsits and quavers... it's like being a kid again!!!
Extra Light Philadelphia, I put it on everything.
Sweet Thai Chilli Sauce, I put it on everything that doesn't go with the phili.
Skinny Cow lolly's in the freezer for treats.
It's worth checking out the bbc food website and their low cal recipe section, I make quite a few meals from there, all yummy and filling!
Fish fingers, quick, convenient, and if you eat with salad a good low cal meal... plus they go with both phili and sweet chilli sauce ;-)
Water... drink at least 2 litres a day, it really does make a difference!

Thanks Lindsey - will check out BBC food now. Also need to stock up on EL philly and skinny cow lollies! x

quorn mince is low in calories and very filling.100g is 94cals but i find this is too much.

I love a Discover wholemeal wrap, with some houmous (about 20g) and fried (in fry light 1 cal spray) red onion and pepper, and a bit of sliced meat (usually) ham. It's about 350 cals depending on the brands / amounts you use :) Team with a side salad for a nice, filling meal!

The above are all good. Here's some of mine:

- Butternut Squash - use instead of potato. Saves LOADS of calories
- Frozen grapes and yoghurt. The grapes freeze the yoghurt so it's like grape ice cream. Takes age to eat.
- Shirataki noodles - pretty much zero cals and zero carbs.
- Courgette - use instead of pasta in lasagne. Again saves loads of cals.

Also have a higher protein dinner then you'll be full up for longer as well.

I use a lot of quorn stuff now instead of any kind of red meat, tastes just as good, some even better and it's a fraction of the calories

Any particular whey shakes? I want to get my protein and fibre up a bit more but its tough without adding too many calories....

Thank you! And sorry to hijack thread! :)

Crumpets are my life saver. I have them with decent peanut butter. It's not that they are reeeeeally low in calories, it's that they are about the same as bread and fill me up for WAY longer. I was surprised! This probably isn't a popular choice for low carbers but it has made a massive difference to my weight loss as I can feel full all morning after that which is the main thing :)

Eggs! A nice omelette made with wafer thin ham and a salad. By low do you mean under 100? Coz celery sticks and a low fat dairy Lee triangle always work for me! Or an all veg stir fry with fresh chilli and garlic? Dessert wise I'm rubbish! If it's not a great big fat cake I'd rather go without! Sugar free jelly is meant to be good tho I'm not sure how long you'd stay full?

Back