CD and low carb

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by abz, 1 October 2008 Social URL.

1. abz

abz Gold Member

Hi guys. just a quick question for the CDCs out there.

I was wondering whether anyone had combined CD and low carbing. i have always felt better when low carbing. i think i have an intolerance to wheat products. so was wondering, as i am on the 1000 plan, whether i would be able to have two packs and then the cals i would usually have on low-carb products, rather than fruit and pasta, and possibly get myself into ketosis, or is that totally against cd principles?

i am perfectly aware that it probably is. it's just i know i feel better when on protein, veg, no fruit no bread no pasta sort of thing...

abz xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. abz

abz Gold Member

oh, p.s. i have asked my own cdc but am waiting for a reply from her.

abz xx

4. ZoBo

ZoBo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I'm no CDC but thought I'd bump question with an answer....
    I don't eat carbs alot, ever. I'm really sensitive to them & even a piece of toast makes me feel bloated. I'll be low carbing when moving up the plans. Although I'll be eating the fruit as I seem to be really craving it. I'm sure the low carbing wouldn't be a problem, as long as you're just having the 1000 cals. Ketosis would help you shift it a bit quicker too.

good luck x

5. minime

minime Gold Member

I'm not a CDC but surely as long as your having your packs and getting full RDA of vits and mins then it won't matter.

6. jennikay

jennikay Gold Member

How are you on potatoes?
    Maybe you could try gluten-free stuff?

Other than that, I can't imagine low-carbing would be a problem as long as your BMI is above 25. :)

x

7. night-owl

night-owl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(17.84%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan Step 2
    Abz, I really don't see why you wouldn't be able to do this. If I were you I would just look at the 810 Plan and add some things from there -- or maybe have 2 greeen and white meals per day, alongside your packs.

8. abz

abz Gold Member

yeah, i was thinking along those lines...

i will continue as i have been doing until i hear from my cdc. i like snacking on fruit throughout the day though so i would really miss that unless i grabbed raspberries or something that are a bit less sugary... i may just cut out the pasta element of the evening meal and see how that goes...

abz xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.