Chala's journey

Chala1972

Hello peeps, well I have taken my first tablet this evening, have been building up the courage to get crackin and after a stern talk to myself I took the plunge. I am determind to crack this, it wont beat me anymore :) I went to Morrisons tonight and found the extra lean mince, came home made a chilli with WW tortillas, am serving my evening meal in a bowl, a small bowl, it helps me to cut down my portion sizes. I have about 4 stones or so to lose, have a bad knee that needs the weight off to fully recover. I had my chilli tonight with 1 cup of brown rice. Thanks for reading :)

Good luck with your first week! :)

good luck.. :)

keep posting and let us know how you are getting on.. :) we are all a friendly bunch and tend to help each other out when ever in need. :)

Thanks :) Well today had a long days driving, up at 5am so made porridge with 1 cup porridge and 1 cup ss milk served with a tsp jam, dinner was granary roll, laughing cow extra light triangle and a slice of thin breaded ham, tea will be chicken fajitas, hm, with tesco light choices tortilla. Snacks have been 2 satsumas, 2 mullerlight yogurts and 0.2kg seedless red grapes, how does this sound for a days menu?

Sounds good to me! but I'm a NEwbie too so I can't say for sure. I know the tortillas usually have more than the 5g/100g but I dont know about tesco lighter choice. Also, as someone told me about it earlier. Do you use myfitnesspal? I've just signed up, it's free and it helps you keep track of what's in everything. Definitely worth a look :)

Hi there, got the packet here, the Tesco lighter choices tortilla wraps are 2.1g per 100g, thats ok as i understand it :) x

Mm sounds good:D I'm starving now! When I tried to get the Laughing Cow cheese Morrisons didn't have the extra light one but I soooo need to get it now, got a craving going on here!

Mm sounds good:D I'm starving now! When I tried to get the Laughing Cow cheese Morrisons didn't have the extra light one but I soooo need to get it now, got a craving going on here!

I must admit everytime I used to buy the light ones, which I cant have on this, the extra light ones were always thin on the ground, they are good tho :) x

Yeah the light ones are better! I think the extra light LC cheese is about the only cheese we can have on this and I'm going to use it in place of margarine so I'm not fussed that I can't have the nicer one lol. My bf is totally mourning for cheese, he could have it if he wanted but he's being supportive & following my diet with me! I think at Xmas we shall get a nice cheese board and indulge....!

Yeah I have resigned myself to the fact I have to do a swap for cheese and marg/butter and these little darlin's aint a bad compromise! I am going to have a go with the cooking of em see how that goes :)

I think they're OK when you cook with them, like through mash you mean? Mmmmm cheesy mash!

Philly extra light is within the rules and fab for making sauces with :D I make a carbonara with it ( pan fry some mushrooms and either turkey bacon or ww bacon in fry light, add some crushed garlic, toss in cooked pasta and add philly extra light, mixing through until the philly has melted..top of with some chopped parsley..lush :D)

oooohhhh i think you need to add stuff to my food thread ali... or if not we can all come to yours for dinner ;)

lol I think I'll add to the recipe thread, I have a tiny house you know ;):D

Philly extra light is within the rules and fab for making sauces with :D I make a carbonara with it ( pan fry some mushrooms and either turkey bacon or ww bacon in fry light, add some crushed garlic, toss in cooked pasta and add philly extra light, mixing through until the philly has melted..top of with some chopped parsley..lush :D)

I could kiss you! My bf has been sulking because I told him I'm not able to eat proper cheese, and so risotto/carbonara/cheese on toast etc is all out the window for me (he isn't on xenical but is being supportive and eating what I eat) and omg, I swear, when I tell him this he will be so happy lol

Thank you xxxx

Your welcome :D Just remember its the Extra Light and not the Light Philly :)
x

Haha the philly sound good! Will get some of that! Yeah penguin for mash and stuff like that, love a cheesy undertone lol.

Today was 3/4 cup porrige oats
1 cup ss milk

1 small granary roll
1 extra light laughing cow cheese triangle
1 slice breaded thin ham

1 large costa skinny latte
2 satsumas
1 mullerlight
Strawberry smoothie

Not sure for tea will update later, i know its the same as yesterday near enough but i am still in my comfort zone lol x

Tea is Kez's dopiazi chicken with 1 ww garlic mini naan bread and 1 cup cooked brown rice x

Last edited:
you used to be able to get a cheese from tesco... that was in the rules. and apparently Rosemary conoley does a cheese too. but ive not seen that...

i just have rissoto without the cheese... i dont find i missed it...

WOW! This sounds fab Ali!!! Thanks :) Daughter and hubby love 'white cheese sauce pasta' sounds just the ticket! :) x

Today so far

1 cup ss milk
1 cup oats
1tsp strawberry jam

2 slices wholemeal bread (400g loaf)
3 fishfingers, coating removed :D
laughing cow light triangle

SW KFC style chicken breast
HM wedges
baked beans

mullerlight mandarin
mullerlight strawberry

I also cleaned my hi roof long wheel base Ford Transit inside and out so that should have burned some calories haha :)

2nd day of taking the 3 tabs, wasnt taking one with my breakfast cos I thought it was so low in fat whats the point but i want to get used to taking them so have decided to always have 1 with my 3 meals. Its going really good and i know its only early days but I really do feel its doable this time. Felt like this when I stopped smoking with Champix, that was 8 months ago :).

Last edited:
Back