champix and cd

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by slimmeplease, 26 June 2009.

1. slimmeplease

slimmeplease Well-Known Member

hi i have also posted in the smoking forum but just wanted to ask if anyone here has given up smoking using champix whilst on cd, im on day 1 of champix and already dont like the taste of fags can only manage half a one at a time so think its working anyway i would like to hear of your experiences please x
  2. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Well-Known Member

Have you told your CDC/GP that you have champix/CD??
  3. slimmeplease

yes they both know. the doc said its ok cos it can be taken with or without food x
  4. wannabesize10

wannabesize10 Well-Known Member

sorry can't be of any help - just wanted to say well done and stopping smoking
    i read the allen carr's easy way years ago worked for about a year ..silly me started again just before my wedding ... but lucky afterwards i managed to quit with willpower and have now been a none smoker for 3.5 years !!
    i think quitting on cd can only be a good thing as i replaced the ciggys with food ... and you can't do that on cd so you won't gain weight

well done again i hope your soon be able to call your self an non / ex smoker !!
  5. slimmeplease

thanks xx
  6. minxie

minxie One day at a time!

Sorry don't know about champix just wanted to say congrats for giving up smoking!
  7. blonde_one

blonde_one Well-Known Member

good luck :) We gave up about a year ago now - me with patches and hubby with champix.
  8. Flaming_Avine

Flaming_Avine Look! A shiny thing!

Hey There.

It is possible, I'm on day 157 of CD, Day 10 of Champix and day 3 of being smoke free.

hope it works out for you too!
  9. LadyB

LadyB Well-Known Member

What is Champix?? Sorry for the dumb question........ is it some form of tablet that helps?

I am amazed that two of you have managed to give up while you are on CD........... I have have kinda thought that I will give up when CD ends.......