Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Hehe, I might as well be honest :) I am working on it tho....

Really cool day today! First day of the behaviour and training class I'm doing at Dogs Trust. I even got up in front of everyone to do part of a young dog's clicker training!! :eek: Wonderful, gorgeous dog tho! Really looking forward to tomorrow as we're going to be working with the same dogs again in the morning :D

Extra Easy Day

Breakfast. 2 Alpen lights (HexB), banana, and a few chunks of melon.

Lunch: Mahoosive tuna pasta salad-tuna, cucumber, peppers, onion, sweetcorn, feta (HexA), 1tbsp of extra light mayo (0.5), and 0%total.
Bit of salad and syn free dressing.

Snack: Melon, blueberries, and grapes.

Tea: Basa fillet in tempura batter (6.5), SW chips, mushy peas, & sweetcorn. Tomato sauce (1) and tartar sauce (2)

Drinks: 5 Coffee (milk 2.5) Diet Coke. Ribena really light. Water. 1 measure of Jack Daniels (2.5)

Syns used: 15
Syns left: 14.5

Exercise: 1hr 30mins walking to and from bus stops and around ASDA.
50mins walk with Ellie.
35mins walk with Dave.

Last edited:
Hi!
I've not personally seen a hamster having his teeth clipped, but rabbits and chinchilla's and other rodents are quite common. Worth giving your vets a quick ring and speaking to one of the nurses. Definitely worth getting an opinion from someone at your practice :)

Last edited:
Sorry I can't be more help :eek: I'm not a trained nurse yet you see, so I wouldn't like to give you info and it end up being wrong. If you can hang on I can ask some advice when I'm in on Tuesday? But no harm phoning a vet local to you for a bit of advice :)

Usually I don't like hamsters, but she is a cutey!! Her teeth aren't coming past her 'lips' and her mouth doesn't look oddly shaped. Sometimes if animals have teeth problems they can cause watering eyes, swelling, and problems eating/stopping eating but she looks absolutely fine :)
Have you had a hammy before? Their front teeth are quite long, and they continuously grow because they're rodents. To have a quick check for anything looking a bit wrong you can very gently pull back the scruff of the neck and this will pull the skin back a little so that you can see her teeth.
Hope this helps a little.xx

Well, I've had a bloody good weekend :D
This morning started out badly tho. I got to the bus stop at about 9:15 and because it was a Sunday the first bloody bus wasn't until 10:30!! So, I decided to walk :rolleyes: Seems so much closer by bus or car, lol! I left the house at 9:05 and got to DT at 10:30 :eek: I checked on Google Maps when I got home and it's 3.5miles!! Ah well, was a rather energetic start to the day and it meant I was only 30mins late instead of over an hour. According to the DT staff I am a nutter, but a dedicated nutter ;) Had a great day tho and got up again to work with another dog (actually got up twice with her!) So yeah, have had a great weekend. Very much looking forward to the agility training day in a couple of weeks now :D
Very pleased to report that one of the dogs we were working with over this weekend (the one I worked with today) has been booked by a family and will be going to her new home next week!!! :chores016:

Green Day

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix (HexB1), honey (1), banana, and ss milk (all milk HexA1)

Lunch: 2 slices of wholemeal small bread (HexB2), 2 Quorn sausages, 2 boiled eggs, half tbsp of tomato sauce (0.5), half tbsp mustard (0.5), scraping of extra light mayo (0.5)
Packet of Worcester sauce French Fries (4.5)
And strawberries, blueberries, and grapes.

Tea: 1 Quorn peppered steak, new potato's, low fat Supernoodles, peppers, onion, tomato's, sweetcorn, salad, and feta (HexA2) Extra light mayo (0.5) and syn free dressing.

End of the week treats: Half a Hotel Chocolat baton (1.5) and 3 selector chocs (9)
Chocolate covered Oreos (11)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke. Squash.

Syns used: 29
Syns left this week: 0.5 :p

Exercise:
1hr25mins walk to Dogs Trust.
10mins walk home from bus.
30mins cleaning out the pigs, de-pooing the garden, and playing fetch with the dogs.

Exercise total for this week *drum roll* 1305, over 7 days. I got my Gold Body Magic :D

Last edited:
I have been a Dogs Trust supporter for a very long time. Ellie is a DT dog :D Dave's a rescue too, but we got him through my best mate (long story)! Looking forward to the agility training in a couple of weeks :D

Week 18

Green Day

Lunch: Weetabix (HexB1), honey (1), banana, and ss milk (all milk HexA1)
Pack of grapes and an Activia fat free yogurt.

Tea: 2 small jacket spuds, Quorn steak, baked beans, low fat cheese (HexA2), salad, and syn free dressing.

Snack: 2 Alpen light bars, strawberries, Shape Zero, and 1tbsp of maple syrup (2)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash.

Syns used: 3
Syns left: 12

Exercise: 40mins walking to and from Dr's.
50mins walk with Ellie-doing a lot of lead work with her, so our walks are taking a bit longer, lol.
40mins walk and fetch with Dave.

Busy day at the vets today. Feel so, so tired so no dog walking today-which I feel terrible about. Might do a bit of training with them in a bit to help make up for it.

Green Day

Breakfast: 1 Alpen light bar (half HexB1) and a banana.

Snack: An Alpen light bar (rest of HexB1)

Lunch: 2 slices of wholemeal little bread (was a fresh/crusty loaf and weighed a tiny amount over 60g, so HexB2 & will add an extra 1 syn) and a tin of sainsbury's veggie ravioli. Small side salad and syn free dressing.

Snack: Some pickled onions and beetroot.

Tea: Quorn stir fry-Quorn pieces, peppers, red onion, sweetcorn, broccoli, and carrot cooked in Frylight 2 tbsp of teriyaki sauce (2), and soy sauce. With soba noodles.

Snack: 2 mini milks (3) in a bowl with a broken up caramel Freddo (5) on top.

Drinks: Coffee (milk as HexA1) Diet Coke.

Syns used: 11
Syns left: 16

Exercise: 20mins walking to bust stop and vets.
4hrs10mins at the vets.
55mins walking home, via Sainsbury's.

Last edited:
I'm soooo tired!!! Had to get up early again today, hrmph! Had my first appointment with my new counsellor, who will be starting CBT with me next week. I was fooking knackered anyway, but the stress of finding the place and then talking about 'me' super tired me out. Then the bus I was getting home didn't come for an hour. By the time I got home I had 20mins to get some lunch, which was the healthiest lunch ever btw :eek: and then zoomed out for my optician's appointment-I now have to wear glasses if I'm reading a lot or if I happen to take up long distance night driving :p I'm a bit meh about needing glasses, but she did say I didn't 'need' them, just that they would be useful and take some strain out of my eyes at times. The prescription is the smallest one ever apparently, lol! I've worked it out using my course book and I'm 0.25 long sighted, hehe.
Met up with Mum and my Sister and got a lift home from Mum's friend who came to cut our hair. I had a couple of inches lopped off because it was getting a bit scraggly. Very happy to have my choppy, rock chick hair back!
Oh and I got weighed and I've lost 2lb :D

Right, enough rambling. Food!

Extra Easy

Breakfast: An alpen (half HexB) light bar and a nana.

Snack: Alpen light bar (other half of HexB) and a Cost cappuccino (2)

Lunch: Micro Chips (3.5) and a chinese chicken Pot Noddle in a mug :eek:

Tea: Simply Basa fillet in chilli and lemongrass butter (3), packet egg fried rice, 4 new potatoes, peas, sweetcorn, peppers, red onion, and soy sauce.

Snack: 1 Tesco Finest choc (2)

Drinks: Coffee (milk as HexA) Ribena really light.

Syns used: 10.5
Syns left: 20.5

Exercise. Lots of walking!!! Works out to 1hr45mins ish. It seemed longer than that, lol!

Had a busy, quite physical afternoon at the vets today. Absolutely shattered!! :zz:

Green Day

Lunch: 2 slices of wholemeal little bread (fresh Sainsbury's one and weighed 60g, so counting it as HexB1 + 1), a tin of Sainsbury's tinned veggie ravioli, salad, and syn free dressing.
Pot of Activia fat free.

Snack: Snack pack of grapes.
A couple of pickled onions and a slice of beetroot.

Tea: SW chips, 2 Tesco veggie burgers (1), 2 slices of wholemeal bread (as before HexB2 + 1), 1.5 tbsp of tomato sauce (1.5), 1tbsp of extra light mayo (0.5), onions, salad, and syn free dressing. Low fat cheese (HexA2)

Snack: 2 Mini Milks (3) and 2 Hotel Chocolat selector chocs (6)

Drinks: Coffee (milk as HexA1) Diet Coke. Water.

Syns used: 14
Syns left: 21.5

Exercise: 1 hr walking-to bus stop and vets and home from vets.
3.5 hrs at the vets.
15mins cleaning out the piggies.

Last edited:
Had a nice relaxing day of doing nothing much except watching Lost and cleaning the kitchen-which is now a tip again :mad:

Green Day

Lunch: Tomato and herb pasta & sauce (0.5), tin of SW tuna (HexB1), feta (HexA1), salad, and syn free dressing.

Snack: Solero (5)

Tea: 2 Tesco 'chicken' fillets, low fat Supernoodles, pineapple, low fat cheese (HexB2), salad, onions, peppers, tomato's, and cucumber. 2tbsp of extra light mayo (1) and syn free dressing.

Snack: 1 Alpen light bar (3), 1tsp of maple syrup (1), strawberries, and 0% Total.

Drinks: Coffee (milk as HexA2) Squash. And a 330ml bottle of Crabbies alcoholic ginger beer (8.5)

Syns used: 19
Syns left: 17.5

Exercise: Bugger all :p

Last edited:
Green Day

Lunch: 2 Weetabix (HexB1), banana, 2tsp of honey (2), and ss milk.
Snack bag of grapes and Shape Zero yogurt.

Snack: 2 slices of Quorn chicken, pickled onions, and beetroot.

Tea: Veggie chilli: Quorn mince, tinned tomato's, mixed beans, refried beans, peppers, & onion.
Brown rice. Low fat cheese (HexA1)
Sour cream (1.5)
Sweet potato wedges.
2 slices of wholemeal little bread (HexB2 +1)

Snack: 2 mini Creme Eggs (5) A pack of caramel bunnies (10)

Drinks: Diet Coke. Coffee (milk as HexA2)
Coors Light (4.5)

Syns used: 25
Syns left: 7.5

Exercise: 45mins walking to, around, and home from Morrisons.

Last edited:
Finally started my final TMA of this course today. I'm on time and everything, but I really would have liked to have gotten it out of the way earlier. Ah well, will hopefully finish it off over the next few days. I'm already half way through it now :)
So yeah, having to do uni work mixed with stupid heat means I haven't really moved today. But I checked and I still managed my 5 days of exercise this week :) Will add it up and put it at the end of this post.

Green Day

Lunch: 2 Weetabix (HexB1), a banana, blueberries, 2 tsp of honey (2), and ss milk (all milk HexA1)

Tea: 2 Quorn steaks, baby potato's roasted in frylight and chipotle tabasco, salad, peppers, tomato's, cucumber, and low fat cheese (HexA2)
60g of low fat coleslaw (2), 1tbsp of extra light mayo (0.5)

Treat: 1 Hotel Chocolat selector choc (3) and half a baton (1.5)
2 chocolate covered Oreo's (11)

Snack: 2 Alpen lights (HexB2), strawberries, blueberries, and 0% Total.

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Rooibos tea.

Syns used: 20
Syns left this week: 2.5

Exercise this week: 930mins

Last edited:
Ooops! Been busy doing Uni work. I have kept a diary tho :)

Week 19
Monday:
Lunch: 2 slices of wholemeal small bread from a fresh loaf (60g so HexB1 + 1), slices of Quorn ham, low fat cheese (half HexA1), 30g of low fat coleslaw (1), salad, and tomato's. Pack of French Fries (4.5)

Tea: Low fat Supernoodles, 5 Quorn mini kievs (5), sweetcorn, broccoli, and 1tbsp of extra light mayo (0.5) Rest of HexA1 of low fat cheese.

Snack: Shape Zero yogurt and a Kellogg's Fibre Plus bar (HexB 2)

Drinks: Coffee (milk as HexA2) Squash. Diet Coke.

Syns used: 12
Syns left: 3

Exercise: 40mins walk with Ellie followed by 50mins walk with Dave.

Tuesday:
Lunch: Porridge (HexB1), banana, blueberries, and 1tbsp of maple syrup (2).

Tea: Roasted Jersey Royal's, 450g frozen Quorn cottage pie (4), carrots, peas, sweetcorn, broccoli, and 2tsp of low salt gravy granules (2)

Drinks: Diet Coke. Coffee (milk as HexA1)

Exercise: 1hr30mins walking-to and around shops.

Green Day

Lunch:
2 slices of wholemeal small bread from a fresh loaf (weighed less than 60g so HexB1), slices of Quorn ham, low fat cheese (half HexA1), 30g of low fat coleslaw (1), salad, half tbsp of mustard (0.5) and tomato's. Pack of Cheese Curls (3.5)

Tea: WW mac & cheese (4), a Quorn steak, rest of HexA1 of low fat cheese, salad, and syn free dressing.

Snack at the cinema: 2 broken up Alpen lights(HexB2), blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, grapes, 1tsp of honey (1), and a Shape Zero yogurt.

Drinks: Coffee (milk as HexA2) Diet Coke. Diet Ginger Ale.

Syns used: 10
Syns left: 15

Exercise: 10mins walk to the chemist and back and 40mins walk back from the cinema.

Last edited:
I've lost 2 stone :D :bliss: I lost 4lb this week :eek: :eek:
On a less happier note I've had to miss the vets again. I wasn't feeling too great, forced myself to eat something, got to the bus stop and just felt so unbelievably nauseous :cry: Got a horrible headache now and feel so sick. Meh...
In happier news, lol, I have a date planned for Sunday :eek:

Green Day
Lunch: 2 slices of wholemeal little bread (HexB1), a tin of Sainsbury's veggie ravioli, salad, and syn free dressing.

Tea: Scrambled eggs (splash of milk and Frylight used), 2 Quorn sausages, low fat cheese (HexA2), 2 slices of wholemeal little bread (HexB2), and 2tbsp of tomato sauce (2)

Drinks: Coffee (all milk as HexA1) Diet Coke. Nettle tea.
2 measures of Jack Daniels (5)

Syns used: 7
Syns left: 23

Exercise: 45mins round trip to the shops/bus stop.

Last edited:
Got up early to sit in a virtual queue for gig tickets and couldn't get back to sleep. Have had some breakfast and watched an ep of Top Gear :D Not regretting the flirty texting at all, but starting to get v nervous about Sunday!!

Green Day

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix (HexB1), banana, blueberries, 1tsp of honey (1), and ss milk (all milk HexA1).

Lunch:
2 slices of wholemeal small bread from a fresh loaf (weighed less than 60g so HexB1), slices of Quorn ham, low fat cheese (half HexA2), 30g of low fat coleslaw (1), salad, half tbsp of mustard (0.5) and tomato's. Pack of Cheese Curls (4.5) Pickled onions and beetroot.

Tea: Tomato and herb pasta and sauce (0.5), Tesco 'chicken' fillet, peppers, red onion, cucumber, salad, syn free dressing, and the other half of my HexA2 as feta.

Drinks: Coffee. Coke Zero. Diet ginger ale.

Syns used: 7.5
Syns left: 30.5

Exercise: 30mins cleaning out the pigs and de-pooing the garden.
50mins walk with Ellie.
45mins walk with Dave.

Last edited:
Not doing too well with eating at the moment. There are some giant butterflies pottering about my insides :eek: Not sure how well the date went. I really, really like him, I'm just not sure how he feels about me so I'm gonna just have to wait and see.

Saturday's food: EE day

Breakfast: A banana.

Lunch: 2 Alpen lights broken up (HexB), strawberries, grapes, blackberries, blueberries, and a tsp of honey (1)

Snack: A tomato Pot Noodle in a mug.

Tea: SW salt & pepper chips, 2 Tesco veggie burgers (1), onion, salad, and HexA low fat cheese. Extra light mayo (0.5) and tomato sauce (2)

Drinks: 2 bottles of Budweiser (13) 2 coffees (milk 1) Diet Coke.

Syns used: 18.5
Syns left: 27

Exercise: 1hr 10mins walking to and from bus stops. 2hrs at Dogs Trust.

Sunday food. Green Day

Lunch: 2 Weetabix (HexB1), banana, blueberries, 1tsp of honey (1), ss milk (all milk HexA1)

Snack: French Fries (4.5)

Tea: Quorn roast, roast spuds (frylight), mashed spuds (1tsp of Flora light 1 and a splash of ss milk), sprouts (0.5 for Flora light), sweetcorn, carrots, broccoli, 40g of stuffing (3), and 3tsp of low salt gravy granules (3)

Snack: Cadbury Boost (16)

Drinks: Coffee. Costa small cappuccino (2) Bottle of Coors Light (4.5)

Syns used: 35.5
Syns left this week: 6.5

Exercise: 30mins walking to and from bus stops.

Exercise this week: 530mins

Last edited:
Back