Green Day Cheese scones. Free on green.

shebedee said:
I've just made the scones and they are very tasty. I think I'll add some mustard powder next time. They will be great with syn free onion chutney. Thanks for the great idea.

Ooh, could you put your recipe for sun free onion chutney up, that sounds it would be delicious with the scones!

Just bought the cottage cheese, now to make some for tonight's tea.

I agree, I think this would make a great pizza base because it adds the cheese flavour that a sw smash pizza craves. I haven't had a sw pizza in ages.

I also think it is easier to get the dough right than for smash pizza as my struggle with the right amount of water for smash pizza but my scones just come out perfect every time.

I use mr mash and the bag is a bit bigger than 100 g so use
1 bag of mr mash (which is syn free)
aldi onion and chive cottage cheese
and 3 eggs

I have had them for lunch 5 out of the last seven days they are divine dipped in the easy tomato soup.

I just got back from a very long run and whipped up a batch and a batch of soup and they were all done by the time i took my shower. A deliocous, filling and nutritious refuelling meal with a nice combo of protein and carbs jus t what i needed

Mine are in the oven now. Can't wait to try them.
Going to eat with homemade pea & mint soup
Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Am making these for a taster session next Tuesday, how many syns should I say they are? Thought about taking the onion chutney as well.

Am making these for a taster session next Tuesday, how many syns should I say they are? Thought about taking the onion chutney as well.

Depends how much cheese you put in and how many you make/how big they are! :)

Depends how much cheese you put in and how many you make/how big they are! :)

Was just going to use fat free cottage cheese, mash and three eggs, salt and pepper. A bit on the plain side but letting people know they can have them with soup or chutney or as a cobbler or with Garlic etc.

And I use a serrated mince pie sized pastry cutter, the one I use for the lids so not very big.

Back