Green Day Cheese scones. Free on green.

I finally got round to making some of the Labne cheese from Ermintrude's diary the other day, and I was thinking of trying these again using some of that instead of the cottage cheese. Whichever cheese I use, I am definitely making some of the marmite ones! :gimi:

Oooh Quark or labne, now theres some good ideas! Coolio, no blitzing required! :)

Oooh Quark or labne, now theres some good ideas! Coolio, no blitzing required! :)

Oh Ermintrude, you are a woman after my own heart - I try to avoid the blitzing bit as much as possible too! My hand blitzer just splattered cottage cheese all over the kitchen and all over me, and my food processor does the job, but, Oh how I hate washing it up! I am a 'mashed' soup girl too - with my spud masher - anything to avoid getting the food processor out! :cool:

Those cheese marmite 'twists' look amazing, Ermintrude! I'll definitely be trying them out! (And - bonus - the OH doesn't like marmite, so if I like them then they'll all be for meeeeee :D)

Oh Ermintrude, you are a woman after my own heart - I try to avoid the blitzing bit as much as possible too! My hand blitzer just splattered cottage cheese all over the kitchen and all over me, and my food processor does the job, but, Oh how I hate washing it up! I am a 'mashed' soup girl too - with my spud masher - anything to avoid getting the food processor out! :cool:

Errr... I was just so dense it had never occured to me I was supposed to blitz it anyway... Ive been doing them all just hand mixed since I first heard if it :eek: :4633:

You live and learn! :cool:

Well for me it's quark all the way, much preferred them and the marmite is delicious.... Dunked into 12 speed soup yum!!!
Windy evening now lol x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Westerly or Southwesterly 6 to gale 8 - occasionally Severe Gale 9 in South. :cool:

Ermintrude, I am so impressed by your cheese twists....who knew what could be done lol!

I've always whizzed the cottage cheese. How about when rolling it sprinkle on some more smash mix (to act as a flour as if you were rolling out pastry).

I feel more cheese scones coming on soon in my house.

Ermintrude, I am so impressed by your cheese twists....who knew what could be done lol!

I've always whizzed the cottage cheese. How about when rolling it sprinkle on some more smash mix (to act as a flour as if you were rolling out pastry).

I feel more cheese scones coming on soon in my house.

I Sink Ve Haf a Plan :cool:

I always blitz mine. I use 3 eggs too but I use a tub of cottage cheese and 100g of mash powder.

Has anyone tried it with a cottage cheese that isn't onion and chive? I was thinking about regular or maybe the pepper one?

So can anyone tell me the syn value on extra easy for the scones o did ask last week but no one answered me :-(

It depends what you put in them! The Smash*, eggs and fat free cottage cheese are all free on EE/Green but if you're adding cheese you have to factor that in as syns/HEXes depending on how much you use, how many scones you divide it into etc etc etc.

*Smash is 1 syn a packet so technically that adds to the total amount but if you're dividing it into multiple scones it becomes negligible - providing you dont eat the whole lot in one go.

I tried the cheese scones last week and they were so yummy!will give it another try with the quark instead of the cottage cheese.cant wait!:)

I used the cheese scone's as a topping for my quorn cassarole last night, used plain cottage cheese, tesco's value smash (20p a go) and added some mixed herbs....yummy....just the thing after a dissapointing gain in WI....almost felt guilty after eating, it was that good how can it possibly be all free!!! I am looking forward to trying it with the flavoured cottage cheese and maybe a little cheese, make a lovely lunch with a super speedy soup....which I will be eating a lot of next week to try and make up for my gain this week.

Back