Chelle Vs the Blub!! to be continued..!

Hi Chell,

sorry to hear about all yor struggles,

you keep going hon cos you are doing fantastic. I hope the last six comes off quickly. How long til you do CDC training? Families often mean well but at the end of the day this is about you not them and it's time to get selfish and be there for yourself. I think the reason lots of us put on weight is we are trying so hard to please our families that we forget to look after ourselves.

x

Day 9 - Back on track

Hi Ladies,

Thanks soo much for all ur replies -really means alot to me.

Yesterday was absolutely horrendous diet-wise. I made the mistake in thinking this was going to be easy - and it isn't.
I punished myself terribly yesterday thinking that I'd done awful, but when I compare what I ate yesterday to what used to be 'the norm' it wasn't too bad - still had too much.

Thankfully, today is a new day and has been much better. I find if I don't panic about it, then I don't obsess that I haven't eaten at such-o'clock, or how many calories were in that apple, that slice of bread or that smigden of margarine lol!
Have stuck to my rule about not weighing myself, and it's bloody hard LOL!!! Hubby suggested that he would weigh me weekly, without me knowing how much I weigh and he'd only tell me if I'd lost, maintained or gained but not by how much. He's soo supportive and although I think it's a brilliant idea, I want to leave the scales alone and only weigh every 2 weeks - moving upto monthly. I'm sick of how the scales can dicatate my feelings and mood for the whole day - and even what I eat, depending on what they say. If I gained - "Oh well I've gained, might aswell eat that chocolate" - and then begins a binge. (Not that that makes any sense lol!)

So anyway, today has been better. Haven't done any exercising today I've pulled my back a bit so just resting it. Definately going to do some tomorrow.
My CD packs have sold, feel very sad to see them go - my safety net is gone now and I'm in the big scarey world of food. It's going to take time, but I will beat this and I will be slim and healthy!

Much love, chelle xx

Howdy

13st 13lbs this morning (couldn't resist finding my new start weight haha!), so thats a 3lbs gain since stopping ssing. Thats fine, since I haven't been particularly careful with what I've been eating - I think TOTM is due so that'll be why I've been craving anything & everything sweet. My cravings seem to have subsided, and today has been much better.

I've decided to stop counting days - I think counting the days is beneficial the first time round as it motivates u, but now I find that it's becoming a chore and I want to see this as a positive thing - a new me in progress, and embrace the changes that are happening. So in light of this, I'm counting pounds instead, I feel this will be more inspiring and help me to keep my focus to stay on track.
I've changed my goal to 11st, that way when I get there I can re-adjust as necessary, but for now I'm going to concentrate on 11st as being my goal weight.

I took delivery of my slim-fast supplies yesterday (22 tubs [12 meals per tub] for £50 inc P&P from eBay - someone had gone on a "new year diet" and decided against it, and just wanted rid of the things as the reminder of them in the cupboard was makin them feel guilty - this was an opportunity that I couldn't miss out on!) and was pleased to see that they now read "Low GI" and have less sugar in them than they did years ago. Anyway, had my first shake this morning, Chocolate Velvet, and it was devine!!!

The SF plan is 2 shakes, 2 snacks and a sensible meal in the evening. I've swapped my dinner & tea meals around, so I now have my meal during the day and a shake in the evening - this solves 2 things, 1) I go to be with an empty stomach, meaning I'll get a good night sleep as my body won't be trying to digest food all night 2) I can burn the calories off during the day without consuming them in the evening when I'm likely to be sitting down & not doing much. If I do get hungry, I'll have a low GI piece of fruit. I'm also going to low GI/low carb too - I don't eat dairy (use soya for shakes) and I don't eat meat or chicken, just fish - so thats low in fat.

So, with being 13st 13lbs today, it's now, 9lbs to a sane me!!!!!!
(Meaning my lowest CD weight & when my hormones were settling down!)

Much love, chelle xx

Hey Hon,

Good luck with the Slim Fast stuff. Hope it works just as well. That 9lb will fly off have faith.

x

1lb flown away!!!!!!!!!!!!! yippeeeeeeeeeeee!

Yay, I've lost 1lb!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!! 13st 12lbs this morning!!!

Yesterdays menu consisted of;

1 x slimfast shake (chocolate velvet)
1 x apple
Brown rice, mixed vegetables, 1/2 corn on the cob & kippers
1 x cookie

Plus I drank lots of plain water, hot water with lemon and a couple of cups of coffee & herbal/fruit teas.

Was not hungry AT ALL!!!!! I really *should* have had 2 shakes, but as I wasn't hungry - really didn't see the point in loading my body with un-needed calories! Todays menu will pretty much consist of the same (ahh, leftovers lol!), plus I'll be doing 15 mins on my bike.

My head is in a strange place at the moment - not sure I can really describe it. I feel asthough I'm at a crossroads - my old life leads one way and my new life another - but I'm reluctant to take a path as the consequences scare me. I'm a great believer in fate and karma - although not a beleive in "religion" as such, my point being that when u stop worrying about something along comes another thing for u to worry about. Very hard to explain - no really sure I've managed to.
Anyway, the fact I'm doing this, pretty much proves I'm edging my way down the 'new me, new life' path. It's just misery can be comforting in a way. It's like a bubble, something thats all urs - u don't want it but u're reluctant to let go of it. This sounds jumbled up -atleast I know what I mean LMAO!!!!

8lbs to a sane me!!!
Have a great day everyone!!

Much love, chelle xx

hi chelle
glad to see you have found a plan that works for you, i never tried slim fast, does it taste different to cambridge?
are you planning on doing the gi diet when you get to goal?
i think i am going to reasearch it as it does appeal to me
have a great day
natxxx

Excellent work Chelle, 8lbs to go and you will feel so much better when you crash through that.

How is slimfast tasting??

Hey all,

Have had a pants few days; been getting really bad ovary pains again (like someone is squeezing them!) and haven't been following my plan - haven't really been too naughty -but why is comfort food always the one highest in calories and carbs????? It's ridculous as carbs make the pains worse - and what do I do???? EAT MORE FLIPPIN CARBS???!! I'm sure when I was made someone missed out a micro-chip that read "common sense" LMAO!!!!

Weighed in at 14st 1 this morning :mad: - not adjusting my ticker or title as it will be gone gone gone within the next few days.

Anyway, at the Dr's again tomorrow - all they ever say is "u do know losing weight will ease teh symptoms?" Hmm, no I just LOVE spending my life on diets!!!!!!!! I live in hope that I will wake up a size 10 - or even 12, one of these days lol!!!

Well then, today I'll be taking my mind of things and it will consist of stripping wallpaper, preping wood and getting hubby to learn how to tidy up! He's got a week off this week, and although its great him being around - he doesn't realise that there isn't a "washing up/cleaning faerie" who magically comes and does everything. So suffice to say, the pots are still in the sink from last night and will stay there until he learns that when he's off he can help me, when he's at work I'll do it. Fair swap methinks!! Sounds harsh I know, and I love him to bits - but a little help tho would be great when I'm not feeling 100%.

Have a great day all!

Much love, chelle xx

hi chelle
glad to see you have found a plan that works for you, i never tried slim fast, does it taste different to cambridge?
are you planning on doing the gi diet when you get to goal?
i think i am going to reasearch it as it does appeal to me
have a great day
natxxx

Hey hun,
Well the jury is still on out whether it's going to wrk - but hey am still going to keep on trying!!! My diet is pretty much vegan based anyway although I do eat fish. Definately following the GI principles as u don't feel hungry whatsoever - allmost free from food, which is a really nice feeling!
Check out The Glycemic Index - I know it's american based but the principles are the same!
xx

Excellent work Chelle, 8lbs to go and you will feel so much better when you crash through that.

How is slimfast tasting??

Hiya!
The SF is nice, only had choc velvet so far! It's very cremey tho, but it's nice all the same!!! Fingers crossed that 8lbs will be gone in no time!!!

Glad management is going well! - u make it look so easy :)
xx

Hey Chix, hope your enjoying SF!!

Glad you have a plan in order now, oooooooohhhh only 8lbs to a sane you!! It'll be gone in a matter of weeks hun!!

Fingers crossed eh? Although I'm beginning to think that being sane is WELL overrated! lol
xx

Much love, chelle xx

Hey Chelle, sorry your having a hard time, get yourself to the docs if the pain isnt shifting....honestly, wat are u and lottie like?!??!!!

As for training hubby....I bet you will give up on that one pretty soon!! If you havent house trained him by now he is probably a lost cause!

Hope you feel better real soon hun!

Hi hon,
:sick:
hope you're feeling better today, don't worry about not following your plan you will sort that out quick enough when you're well again. Look after yourself. Hope OH is being nice to you.

Lots of hugs to make you better.
xx

:grouphugg: :needhug:

Hey all,

Thanks soo much for all ur replies and concern :)
Sorry for not popping by - I started to decorate my bathrooom which turned into a pandoras box to say the least!!! The walls were papered over paper and then that paper was to conceal holes!!! So I had my trusty application gun with my sealant and off I went to work hahaha! Anyway, 3 days later - ceiling painted twice, the walls have been stripped, holes sealed, walls sanded, washed and painted twice. I'm just waiting for the gloss to dry before the last coat, then it's a complete clean down and everything can go back in. It'll be nice to have a shower again as with painting it's been impossible to have one. I feel minging lol!

Hubby gave me the "oh I can't paint I'm crap at it" - so I said "not to worry, I'll show u how to do it properly!" He resisted a little bit, but I gave him the 'I'm not impressed look' and he was more than eager to get the work done so her could go on his PS2 - funny that eh? lol
So the bathroom is a lovely white-lilac, nice and airy. The unfortunate thing is it now echos alot, so living in flats, the neighbours will now know when someone is on the throne LMAO!!!

Anyway, I went to the dr's the other day and have finally decided to take the medication that she's been trying to force-feed me for the past 12 months. Metformin, 3x 500mg a day. :eek: I don't like pumping my body full of tablets - but on reflection I'm quite happy to pump it with cheap nasty food - so may aswell take some medication which will probably do me more good than harm!
On the downside, I HAVE to eat with the tablets (side effects are horrible) so I guess the SF will be going back on eBay LMAO!!! I'll need to take them for a good 6-12mths to see if they're helping, so it's 3 steady meals a day and healthy snack for me.

Today has been a positive day - I'm slowly starting to clean the clutter out of my life ((thank u eBay! lol)), and finally sort out my home to be the best I can get it. I'm going to start decorating the kitchen tomorrow, and will also throw out any crap food (which tbh I think has all gone now!). After that, it's the living room, hall way and finally the bedrooms - then it'll be a complete clean down (carpets, blinds, curtains). Wow am tried just thinking about it lol!!

So it's fish, brown rice and corn on the cob for tea tonight.
Oh, the gloss is calling my name lol

Have a good one folks!

Much love, chelle xx

Back