CHICKEN LIVERS

aww sorry Xeilidhx it will be worth the wait I am sure.

Any way of speeding it up?! Hot water/microwave? X

Oops...I always microwave chicken to defrost!

U have to wait for it all to cool in order to blitz it all till its smooth and put in fridge to set. Im sure the recipe i used has quark in it as well!

add it to a bowl of cold water X and that should do the trick xx

I microwaved it, blitzed it hot and ate it hot. Was a bit bland!! But I'll add onion next time! x

Aww you do make me laugh, that would have tasted rank I am sure but your iron levels should be topped up :D

Better than some pate I've had previously! Would leave it to cool next time and probably add onion and mushroom for pv :) ie tomorrow! It'll be a post race treat! X

another tempting recipe to try! i used to make my pate with bacon, mushroom and onion (and butter, cream and sherry, of course!).

anyone tried this with lean ham? found an interesting recipe on another site (am i allowed to post links to recipes?) that uses turkey bacon, pork mince and lean ham. sounds strange but the bacon / chicken livers combo always worked really well. might try it this week!

Last edited:
Are we allowed bacon, I'm very new to this but didn't think we could....be great if we can, Ilove bacon.

I have very often, for many mnay years, defrosted meat in the microwave. The trick is to keep checking it, and if it can be broken apart as it defrosts then do so and take out the defrosted bits.

Asda's are frozen too...never seen them fresh.

Are we allowed bacon, I'm very new to this but didn't think we could....
no, i'm pretty sure bacon is out, although lean ham is ok (depending on whether you're following the UK or US version). The recipe I found calls for 'turkey bacon' which I've never heard of. anyway, have a look and see if you like the recipe ideas: Dukan diet plan - Day five :: Handbag.com

You can have turkey bacon and it is delicious, we love the smoked.

Thanks. Think I'll get turkey bacon for the next one! Spice it up a bit!

Made the pate last night, left in overnight and it set in the fridge!! gorgeous on dukan bread! Cx

Ooo I will have to look out for them. I have bought Mattersons Turkey Rashers before so assume this will be a similar thing.

Thanks. x

Much better today-mushrooms, onion, turkey bacon, chicken liver, sage, tarragon, paprika and onion granules. And I put it in fridge before blending! X

yum yum sounds delish.

Back