Chinese Takeaway

Hi guys,

Does anyone know the syn values in beef with ginger and Spring onion?

Thank you x

Hi guys,

Does anyone know the syn values in beef with ginger and Spring onion?

Thank you x

Yes, fish is free if batter removed. I thought it may be the same with the sweet and sour chicken balls but decided I would check anyway, just to be sure. I asked my consultant and she said that she didn't know and would find out for me - she got back to me the following day and said 7 syns.

One thing that may or may not be different to the fish in batter is that when you take the chicken out of the batter it doesn't taste like plain chicken - there is a heck of a lot of salt added to it. It really is salty. I've always eaten it batterless as I don't like batter and no matter which Chinese take away I go to the chicken always tastes like this. Maybe the salt added changes the syn value due to it being less healthy? :hmm: Fish in batter is always just plain, unadulterated fish.

The naturally oily fish stops the fat getting in when it's deep fried as the batter provides a barrier therefore if you remove the batter you're essentially removing all the syns- unfortunately chicken cooks differently and soaks up all the fat and oil :) x

Does anyone know the current syn value for plain chow mein please?
There's no plan chow mein listed from what I can see, but a 350g serving of fried noodles is 17.5 syns (which I ordered some time ago, and it was plain chow mein)

Back