Chocolate Pudding

Where in the supermarket do you find silken tofu? I managed to find the normal tofu but silken was nowhere to be seen. And the staff had never heard of it :rolleyes:

Hi ninnins, saw it in Asda a couple of days ago, the silken version too. Hope this helps

Sorry I really cant remember, just sort of came across it and nearly bought some. If you ask the staff they should be able to take you to it. Good luck with your hunt and when you make the recipe let us all know how you get on.

ninnins said:
What aisle should i be looking in? Might have to trek to asda!

When I got mine chick is was opposite the tinned tomatoes and passata... But it is quite a new asda and everything is a bit random just to warn you xx

Sorry I really cant remember, just sort of came across it and nearly bought some. If you ask the staff they should be able to take you to it. Good luck with your hunt and when you make the recipe let us all know how you get on.

The staff looked at me like i had 3 heads when i asked!

Will hopefully get my hands on some and let you know how it goes

I found it near the couscous and dried peas etc in my asda store :)

I make an awesome peanut butter caramel pie with this tofu, blending it with peanut butter and a bit of sweetner (i used agave) is amazing with chocolate. Or I make THE BEST baked coconut pie with it, like a giant macaroon.
Not very diet friendly but might be able to adjust them!

I make an awesome peanut butter caramel pie with this tofu, blending it with peanut butter and a bit of sweetner (i used agave) is amazing with chocolate. Or I make THE BEST baked coconut pie with it, like a giant macaroon.
Not very diet friendly but might be able to adjust them!
Can u post the recipes u use for these as they sound delish :D maybe convert to a sw one ;) x

There are two types of Silken Tofu on the Asda website.. Do I need soft or firm? (Soft has a red label, firm has a blue label).

Can't wait to try it out :D

It wont matter, both work fine if they are made by Mori-nu :)

I made this (made OH the peanut buter caramel one and then ate some! opps) and made a choc one for me. I used 2 sachets of highlights dark choc (3 syns i think) with a tiny bit of coffee, choc essence and vanilla essence. Really nice to dip straws etc in!

CupcakeKatie said:
I made this (made OH the peanut buter caramel one and then ate some! opps) and made a choc one for me. I used 2 sachets of highlights dark choc (3 syns i think) with a tiny bit of coffee, choc essence and vanilla essence. Really nice to dip straws etc in!

I know this is naughty but can you give me the recipe for the peanut butter and caramel one please my hubby would love it xx thanks :9)

Well there isnt too much of a recipe, you can search for Smlove pie and will get alot of ideas! I mix about 2 tbsp of PB with the tofu,tsp of agave syrup, drop of vannilla essence. I used a digestive base with enough flora to make it bind, press into a tin and put tofu mix on top. let set in the fridge for a few hours (better overnight to firm tofu up), i then make peanut butter caramel which is just some goldensyrup,agave, and a bit of goldensyrup-maple syrup and a sponful of PB. you just heat the syrups up a bit and stir in the pb, it makes a fudgy sauce wich is amazing on icecream! Drizzle or spread this over the top pf the tofu, i then drizzle the whole top with melted dark chocolate.

found some in sainsburys today-wahoo. dont have an vanilla essence left though so cant make it tonight :cry: will maybe make it on sat night as planning a night in

Oh Im going to Asda tomorrow and will definately be buying some tofu ... really love the dipping fruits in idea!! Thanks xxxx

:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:Cant believe how nice this tastes. Just made it and licked the bowl out, very chocolatey I would perhaps put a little less sweetner in next time and a little more vanilla extract, but that all come down to individual taste. Will type this one up for my S W group on Monday and give it to the consultant. Thank you so much for this recipe. A sure winner. Off to Asda now for some more tofu!!!

Back