Chocolate Pudding

JustmeGemmy said:
What cocoa brand are you all using & where can I get it from? Couldn't find any unsweetened cocoa in Asda, just drinking chocolate.
Tried making it with options & it wasn't very nice :(

I just use asda coco it's by all the drinking choc and that it's in a red tub, I've also had a green and blacks one which is nice I can't remember where I got it from though x

I got my cocoa from Asda. It is by the hot choc drinks like options, highlight etc. Its in a red box and is Asdas own brand with the strap line "Chosen by you" Hope this helps. My c worked the syns out to be only 1/2 per serving, so 2 syns total. Oink oink, enjoy. Just made some more now, with the orange essence in like someone suggested. It is just like melted Terrys choc orange!!!!!

hollys nan said:
I got my cocoa from Asda. It is by the hot choc drinks like options, highlight etc. Its in a red box and is Asdas own brand with the strap line "Chosen by you" Hope this helps. My c worked the syns out to be only 1/2 per serving, so 2 syns total. Oink oink, enjoy. Just made some more now, with the orange essence in like someone suggested. It is just like melted Terrys choc orange!!!!!

I know it's bloody lovely with the orange in isn't it, I'm trying mint today !!! Xx

I just add a couple of tablespoons then play it by ear and keep tasting x

The recipe says 1/2 a cup but I put in slightly less than that. Its just trial and error really. I dont like it too sweet but it is soooo nice. Cant get enough of it at the minute, got my tofu boxes stacked up nicely looking at me saying "go on you know you want me" ha ha

Biggest loser next Thursday..............mmmmnnnn guess what I am making.....nom nom :D

found tofu at Waitrose so am on a mission to make this tonight for tea ,I've never tried tofu ,so here goes

Can someone please clarify the syn value of the cocoa powder?

My book has non branded cocoa powder listed at 2.5 syns per tablespoon not 1 syn.
It also has non branded/green and blacks/bournville cocoa listed at 1 syn per teaspoon.

Can't quite believe a tbsp would only be 1 syn,although hoping it is!!!

Can someone please clarify the syn value of the cocoa powder?

My book has non branded cocoa powder listed at 2.5 syns per tablespoon not 1 syn.
It also has non branded/green and blacks/bournville cocoa listed at 1 syn per teaspoon.

Can't quite believe a tbsp would only be 1 syn,although hoping it is!!!
According to the Syns Online:
1 level tbsp of non-branded cocoa is 1 syn. 1 heaped tbsp is 3 syns.

Must admit I am a bit confused about this as well, but my c syned it up as 1/2 syn per portion. I am going with one to be on the safe side, I use Asdas own cocoa powder, so is that classed as non branded. Anyhow its still pretty low for such a gorg pud.

So sad!!!!!!!!!! THE CHOCOLATE PUD WE ALL LOVE IS ACTUALLY 11 SYNS JUST FOR THE TOFU!!! My c text us all tonight and apparently when you mix tofu up and it changes from its original form it becomes high in syns! Gutted, just thought everyone should know. Perhaps I will have a better loss next week.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::tear_drop::tear_drop::needhug::needhug:She only found this out today. We all had tasters at group on Monday but she said at least she found out early on not months down the line

Hi ive only ever used it as an icing on cake or a biscuit or as a dip with fruit and counted it as 1 syn for a blob im inclined to continue that way too because not being funny but if its in its original form what else could it be ive never even seen it before this recipe came out there are so may things that could fall into the same category i.e chickpeas a slice of the cake (was low syns) made from this a day hasnt as yet stumped my losses ( sorry if this is not agreed by everyone else this is just my veiws and may change when i get down of my high horse):eek:

sorry just thought i'd update my reply to say thank you to hollys nan for the information it is good for everyone to be aware of new changes.x

Last edited:
i tried this yesterday was sooooo nice - probably should have read the whole thread before i made it but i thought it was well worth the syns x

Last edited:
Back