Chocolate Pudding

MargyParker

My belly this will be!
Low syn and really easy to make and really tasty - and no it doesn't taste like beans.
SERVINGS
2-4

INGREDIENTS
1 box silken tofu
4 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
Sweetner to taste - equiv to half a cup of sugar,

1 teaspoon of vanilla essence

PREPARATION
1. Blend all of the ingredients until smooth and creamy, about 10 seconds.

Refrigerate or eat immediately. Only syns are the cocoa = 1syn per level tablespoon.

Eat on its own, with yogurt or over fruit etc.:)

Thanks Marg!
Shall give this a try

Didn't taste beany!
Loved the smooth texture and also the "Proper" choccy taste.
Had it in a tall glass with a rich tea biccy.

"Only syns are the cocoa = 1syn per level tablespoon"

and op said to use 4 so 4 syns as I think Tofu is free

I totaly CAN NOT rave about this enough..... Was soooo delish :D was little dubious as never had tofu before but OMG this was defo a winner in my house. will post a pic later when we eat the other half. Thanks again for posting recipe xx

Just tried this and it was very nice after chilling in the fridge - sets to a thick chocolatey mousse/pudding. Thanks for the recipe :)

167715_484057950666_528245666_6445913_1492664_n.jpg

Choco pud with 1 syn of cream :D

This sounds amazing going to try if this week. Thanks!!

Bit confused about tofu. Some years ago, you used to be able to buy silken or firm type tofu.

Recently I bought a box from Waitrose which said silken but on the box it said "now even firmer"! It also cost £1.79 compared to Asda which is coming up on Mysupermarket as a £1!!

I bought the Cauldron one at the weekend in Sainsburys for £2.32 - it was a bigger packet but it was not as nice as the Blue and white (long life) one.

I thought the chocolate mousse was divine (made with the blue and white box).

Thanks OP for the recipe as it is lovely.

Incidentally I noticed that in the syns book it says a level tsp of cocoa is 0.5 syns so that would make a tablespoon 1.5, which would bring the count up to 6.0 syns, still worth it in my view!:)

Incidentally I noticed that in the syns book it says a level tsp of cocoa is 0.5 syns so that would make a tablespoon 1.5, which would bring the count up to 6.0 syns, still worth it in my view!

Basic non branded coco comes out at 1 syn per level TBS :D

I have just made it and its really lovely. Thanks for the recipe. I'm a vegetarian and try to find ways of eating tofu.

Just made this and added orange essence and was yummy!!! Even OH loved it and couldn't believe it was made of tofu! Very think and rich but lovely! Thanks for this recipe!

That looks really lovely - but I have never eaten Tofu before... may give it a go if I can find it in supermarket.

Drooling at the sight of that choc pud! Never tried tofu before, but with the choc looks very tempting, will try I think thanks for the recipe

Back