Chocolate Pudding

Okay, curiosity got the better of me and I made the chocolate pudding yesterday. Am i the only person that doesn't like it?

I have just made a small amount- I used about 100g Tofu, 2 rounded tspns cocoa powder and a tablespoon of sweetener and called it 1.5 syns (as the cocoa packet said 15 cals per rounded tspn). I whizzed it in my mini-blender. I didn't dislike it, but to be honest despite the chocolateyness and sweetness, it still tasted very tofueey! Not a bad thing, but I think if I was looking for a sweet hit I'd rather mix the cocoa powder/sweetener or an Options sachet into some Total 0% yogurt or Quark or have the M&S Belgian chocolate mini-meringues at 15 cals each!X

:eatdrink023::eatdrink023:We all have differing taste buds dont we? Thats what makes us human I suppose, but everyone in my group loved it. The c was having loads before "the revelation". However, I dont like the sourness of the quark,or total 0% and I seem to taste that no matter how much sweetener I put in. Thats life as they say.

Okay, curiosity got the better of me and I made the chocolate pudding yesterday. Am i the only person that doesn't like it?

I couldn't bear it either and I so wanted to as I have a sweet tooth and love my puds but found the texture very strange and silky in a bad way :(
Quite a relief really after all this confusion lol

I blended it but still wasn't impressed. I prefer just to syn for real choc :)

Well I havent had any this week just to see if not having it has made an difference to my weight, but next week I will be having some. Well apart from anything else I have a store of tofu looking at me. Its too nice not to make it again, my taste buds say"ok we dont quite know the syn values, confusion, but if you watch your other syns, eat and enjoy me"

I made this today, and even with much less cocoa it was delicious. :D I added coconut flavouring and sprinkled dessicated coconut on top. It worked out as less than one syn for a quarter of it - 4 tsp cocoa, 8g coconut.

Can't for the life of me work out why the tofu would be synned - it's got fewer calories than quark and it fills you up more. I'm counting the tofu as free. :p

This is going to be a diet-saver I think!

Hmmmmm. I just made some of this as I'm desperate to find something low syn and chocolaty (haven't found one SW sweet recipe that I like yet :() and I'm not sure. Have popped it in the fridge to see if it gets better cold but I'm not convinced it will help. It's the aftertaste that gets me with all these pudding things, it's not quite right.

Will report back later after my dinner! At least it's not many syns to waste if it's a no! :D

Do you mean the aftertaste of the sweetener? I found that the first time I made it, so I only put in half of the amount in the recipe, perfect for my taste buds and I didnt taste the "aftertaste". May be worth a try. Sometimes recipes have to be adjusted to individual taste, I know coz I am very fussy! ha ha. Hope you have success second time round, its worth it to experiment. Good luck

No, in this case it was the aftertaste of the tofu. Everyone else commented that they couldn't taste it but I could, I'd never tried it before and it was a bit strange for my taste buds. I put more sweetner in but it just didn't do the trick. Oh well, back to the drawing board :)

haven't found one SW sweet recipe that I like yet :()

Have you tried the keylime pie? I'm a bit like you and when I began found I didna much care for the puddings....Actually have grown to like a few now but I loved the keylime pie from the off :)

*Theresa* said:
Have you tried the keylime pie? I'm a bit like you and when I began found I didna much care for the puddings....Actually have grown to like a few now but I loved the keylime pie from the off :)

I'm glad u like the key lime pie!! I love it I did it with orange yesterday and it's gawjus x also can do chocolate 1 with toffee muller and choc options made up with water and a whole packet of gelatine!! Or straeberry 1 Go on have a play with the flavours

I think I could give this a go even if it has a bigger syn value than first thought. I'm a serious chocoholic and need something that can help me on my weightloss journey.

Definitely going to try it out really need something nice :D

would cauldron tofu work??

TattooedMammy said:
would cauldron tofu work??

I don't know. I was wondering that myself.

No It wont work I think, its a diffrent texture all together. You can get the tofu in waitrose, by blue dragon if you cant find mori-nu. I also dont like this, but as a ex-vegan I have made many desserts from tofu, especially the 'smlove pie' and giant coconut macarron pie which are both to die for and part of the reason I gained weight went i went vegan! This pudding isnt my thing, but im glad its helping some people.

made this tonight and we all loved it my 2 yearold and 5 year old really enjoyed

Last edited:
Back