cholesterol question

dehli

Silver Member
I had my cholesterol checked the other day and the doctor told me my good cholesterol was too low. The LDL cholesterol was 2.6 and the HDL was less than 1.1

He said it was probably nothing to worry about, which of course means I'm worring now. Do you think doing sw would have affected my good cholesterol? It's not like I can start guzzling olive oil and eating benecol stuff.

You can raise your hdl cholesterol levels by eating certain foods and having some exercise.
Raw onions, omega3 in fish, citrus fruits/apples/grapes, oats and wholegrains are all effective. The SW plan allows all of these to be included in your day.

Why not Google 'raising HDL cholesterol' for info.
Ithink though that it's the ratio between good/bad cholesterol that's key, not the numbers taken singly.
If you're worried go back to your doctor for advice.

Any chance of using some syns for those important healthy fats ie oily fish, seeds and nuts? Or take some fish oil supplements, though I don't know how they are syned. Can you have oats? They'll be good

If not, regular aerobic exercise will help and of course a glass of wine in the evenings :D (That'll be one glass, not one bottle :D) Also increasing fruits and veggies helps raise HDL :clap:

If you can bear to eat 1/2 a raw onion a day, that'll raise HDL. Not sure I fancy that idea though :D

Thanks for your replies, I'll get some fish oil supplements. Surely they'll count as medicine and by syn free? The wine sounds a good idea too - any excuse!

Back