Christmas

vicky_77

Just looking ahead to the christmas period i was wondering what others will be doing. Will you all be sticking to the plan or will you come off the Xenical for a few days?

New year doesnt bother me or the run upto Christmas i will stick to it and not bothered about choccies or sweets but i would love to have my christmas dinner with roasties cooked in goose fat, stuffing etc......... :eek:

I stay on the tabs at Christmas. I cook the Christmas dinner, so I know exactly what I'm having. Because I'm calorie counting, rather than counting fat grams, I *might* increase my calories slightly, but not made up my mind yet. If I do, its because I've decided to have a WW cheesecake for my dessert lol
Christmas dinner is basically just a roast dinner for us, so will have my turkey, potatoes and loads of veggies :)
x

i am doing the same just going to have a nice roast dinner on christmas day and i will be cooking it so it wont be cooked in any fat. as its only me and the husband i wont even be bringing any choccies or christmas food into the house so hopefully il be able to get through the xmas perios with out any blips.
i do have only 1 christmas lunch to go to with my work, i am going to choose the healthiest thing possible and still take my tablets so if theres any consequences i shall suffer lol

I've decided I'm going to have a week off at Christmas. It's my birthday on 20th december and I'm going out for 3 meals that week. I also want to have a few baileys this Christmas because last Christmas I was pregnant so I want to have a treat. I'm going to cook a Christmas dinner with all the trimmings and I'm really looking forward to it. I had 2 weeks off the tablets not long ago and I put on 2lb but the next week I lost it and then some more so I'm not going to worry if I have a gain because I know it will come off straight away. Xx

hi im doing the same it will be nice to have a break from the tabs so i can relax and enjoy xmas im having a week off then get stuck in after xmas debbie

I stay on the tabs at Christmas. I cook the Christmas dinner, so I know exactly what I'm having. Because I'm calorie counting, rather than counting fat grams, I *might* increase my calories slightly, but not made up my mind yet. If I do, its because I've decided to have a WW cheesecake for my dessert lol
Christmas dinner is basically just a roast dinner for us, so will have my turkey, potatoes and loads of veggies :)
x

I am exactally the same as this!! :) I calorie count so will carry on counting like any other day, I will only have a drizzle of gravy, no roast potatoes or yorkshires or pigs in blankets lol (yum!) and for dessert I will be having a WW dessert. sounds boring but I would rather not sabotage my weight loss for one day of the year, I have done enough of that in my time lol. so yes I will carry on the Xen as normal cos getting to my goal weight is my main focus....xmas will still be fantastic without all the calorie laden foods :)

Gonna, I'm thinking of having one of the WW cheesecakes, seen them for the first time the other day in Sainsburys in the chill cabinet. They look lush lol There are 2 flavours, raspberry or lemon, rasp one is 213 calories, lemon one is 211 calories and both are fine 5% fat wise. Maybe I'll make it a Christmas pressie to myself :D

I have the WW all the time lol a few a week anyway! :) bargain for a sweet treat..... I dont like the lemon ones but I love the strawberry and the toffee ones! both 189 calories each. I also love the double chocolate brownie ones (164 calories) and the toffee crunch (174 cals) can you tell!? ;)

I'll be okay once Christmas actually arrives, at least then I will have control over whats being cooked, but between now and then, I'm all over the place!! Take this week for instance, I'm out every night!! Granted Mon/Tues are gym and Zumba, but I've got an Indian on Wednesday, F&B's Thursday and a friends Chocolate party on Friday!

For the indian, Im going to have the dry chicken curry with onions, and a salad, and a small amount of boiled rice, and I've decided on the chicken salad for F&B's - not what I'd usuallly get from there I can tell you!!

And hopefully all I'll get at the party is Christmas presents!!

I really stuck to the WW diet over Christmas last year, and even managed to lose 2.5lbs at the WW meeting inbetween Christmas and New Year, so I know I am capable of behaving with lots of goodies around - I just need to do it again this year!

Well last year (before xenical) I put on 8lbs over xmas so this year I am staying on track! I'm going to stop taking the tablets a few days before xmas so that on xmas day I can have the day off, but that's the only day I'm taking off. We're off to my mums for dinner and I don't want to be fussy and have a special meal prepared so just taking the day off! Oh and I'm also taking a day off for my work's xmas lunch... so 2 days this year instead of 2 weeks like last year!

72 hours before i think??

I'm have small portions of food which I really want. We're going to my parents for christmas day so I'll have a christmas dinner but I'll have a bit of stuffing and will probably make my own roast potatoes with frylight to take with me.

I'm not stopping taking my tablets though.

so i get this right..if i want to enjoy & have christmas dinner i have to stop taking the pills for a day or so.??

I believe that you need to stop them for 3 days before the intended meal as they stay in your sytem for this long. That way you dont get the side effects.

I have decided to have Christmas day off. I am not going to binge on chocolate or anything like that as i am not a big choccie eater anyway and dont miss it or snacking but would love a christmas dinner so think i will stop my tablets for 3 days on 21st - 22nd then recommence boxing day. I am not interested in the other days and will stick to low fat and healthy eating the rest of the time but lookign forward to my christmas dinner. :D

Thank you all X

I'm also going to stop the tablets a couple of days before christmas as we are going to my inlaws and I don't want to stress over fat content - don't think it will be a huge issue as they cook quite low fat and let every serve themselves.

Also am going out for two christmas meals - one with mums from school and another with dp's work. The school one will be in Ask so will need to stop tabs but will have chicken salad no dressing, the work one will be in a posh London hotel so will be very nice food but small portions! WIll have to stop tabs for both of those.

Back