Chunky Dunker To Skinny Dipper

Having a whinge has helped thank you for listening :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hi hun ive come to subscribe... good luck on your SW jourey, your going to do great! i strated off very high on scales too (just under 21st) and so glad i started SW xx

Hi Jess welcome to my diary/whingeathon lol x

Thanks. Lol we all need to rant and rave about stuff ;)

sadly you would probably like the puppy more is hubby didn't expect you too..... maybe you could start to look at the puppy as a fellow conspirator..... after all hubby put the furry little guy in this position just like he did you....

On the weight loss front for a bit of inspiration I would like to suggest you read the story of "WeightLoss*****"..... you can find her on FB or google her blog.... she is on sw and started at over 43 stone.... amazing .... strange name but she does explain it xx

Ooh I will look for her and read up on her story. He's a sweet puppy and better with toilet training than a lot of pups his age. I might try that approach and fake it till I make it as they say x

^ It's the same method I use with the boy! If he's ever in my bad books, I just pretend I realllllyyy like him! Tends to work! :p
X

Hahaha me too it confuses the hell out of him when he knows he's messed up but I'm super nice to him :) xx

So I've been looking into how much water I should be drinking this morning and after a bit of a Google session I came across a site that told me for my weight and climate I should be drinking 14 pints a day. Wow!! Don't think I will ever be able to drink that much but I am going to try drinking a lot more than the 2-3 I've been doing the last couple of weeks. Before I started sw it was 2-3 cups of tea a day or diet coke which I haven't drunk since I started sw.

During my search I came across another site that worried me a bit. I did a bmi check on my goal weight that I have in mind and it said that at 10st 10 I should lose another 1st 8lb to get within a healthy range. Hmm ok so I put in 9st 2lb to see what bmi that would give me. The website then told me that I could still lose 2st 5lb and be within a healthy weight range for my height (5ft 4in) and actually said I would look and feel better for it wtf?! My 13 year old son weighs more than that and okay he's a couple of inches taller than me but he's like a little twig. If I weighed under 7st i'm pretty sure I wouldn't look good. Not knocking petite ladies at all but I don't think it would suit me to be so tiny!! Scary to think that this website and I'm sure others like it tell people that even being within a healthy weight range just isn't good enough :confused: xx

That website definitely sounds wrong - have you tried the NHS one? Much more accurate, considering I'm smaller than you and 7 stone is just on the borderline for underweight with me. According to the NHS BMI calculator - a weight of 7 stone would put you 3 points under healthy, healthy for your height is between 7stone 10lbs and 10stone 6lbs! Definitely not lower! You should always sit where you feel comfortable between a healthy range, never below, I'm 5'2" and I'm never aiming for 7 stone - I was about 8 stone 7lbs when I was at my lowest, and that was fine, can't imagine losing another 21lbs after that!

That website sounds dangerous!
X

It was the weightlossresources website and that's been around years. I read that and knew it was wrong but how many people are following their advice!! Silly people. Hasn't changed my mind either I still want to be 10st 10lb which is still in the overweight range but only just and I'm not aiming for a bikini perfect body. I doubt I will get one after losing over 17st if I get to that point. Some of the extra will be skin (yuck) rather than fat anyway. How are you today hun? x

I'd hope most people on there have realised it's wrong, or double checked elsewhere too! 7 stone would put me underweight, so imagine some people taking that advice when they're tall!

Feel like death today, had to skip 30ds last night my body ached so much! Ha such a wimp I am!
X

You're not a wimp! Read your diary earlier and I would want to go home and sleep rather than the theatre too although if you don't snore you could combine the two lol x

I love the theatre but if it wasn't pre-booked I'd probably not be going!
X

I know the feeling. I was gloating last week about everyone in the house being ill and me being fine then Sunday morning I woke up and had a runny nose, scratchy throat and a flippin cough. I should like a barking dog and add that to my visit from the totm fairy and I feel proper poo. So glad I work from home and don't have to face the weather or people haha I hope you feel better soon xx

Aww bless, that sounds rough!
X

Ah I'll live. Going to try and get an early night tonight that always makes me feel better x

So I've been looking into how much water I should be drinking this morning and after a bit of a Google session I came across a site that told me for my weight and climate I should be drinking 14 pints a day. Wow!! Don't think I will ever be able to drink that much but I am going to try drinking a lot more than the 2-3 I've been doing the last couple of weeks. Before I started sw it was 2-3 cups of tea a day or diet coke which I haven't drunk since I started sw.

During my search I came across another site that worried me a bit. I did a bmi check on my goal weight that I have in mind and it said that at 10st 10 I should lose another 1st 8lb to get within a healthy range. Hmm ok so I put in 9st 2lb to see what bmi that would give me. The website then told me that I could still lose 2st 5lb and be within a healthy weight range for my height (5ft 4in) and actually said I would look and feel better for it wtf?! My 13 year old son weighs more than that and okay he's a couple of inches taller than me but he's like a little twig. If I weighed under 7st i'm pretty sure I wouldn't look good. Not knocking petite ladies at all but I don't think it would suit me to be so tiny!! Scary to think that this website and I'm sure others like it tell people that even being within a healthy weight range just isn't good enough :confused: xx

Slap them.... slap them HARD :whoopass: they make me so angry :flamingmad: there are a lot of thin unhealthy people out there :stickdance:some of them hardly strong enough to hold themselves up.....

Please don't misunderstand me I don't have anything against thin people... a lot of the people on here would like to be pretty thin and if that is what makes them smile then that's fine.... hopefully they will end up thin, healthy and happy :D..... but you don't have to be stick thin to be healthy or attractive....

I don't yet know what weight I will end up as.... watch this space, but do I want to be skinny .... can't say I do..... Was I too fat to start with.... yes I was because when I lay down my own body was strangling me... sleep apnoea is a wonderful thing to be rid off :D..... do I think I can be healthy at the weight I am at now.... yes I do..... is it in the healthy weight range.... no not yet.... but I believe I am healthier than many slimmer women because I eat right, exercise, don't smoke, hardly drink and am working on making sure I am properly hydrated.....

So peeps..... take the charts with a pinch of salt..... when you feel strong and healthy and like what you see in the mirror does it matter if you don't match up to someone else's ideal

Amen to that! Somewhere in my head a size 16 wedding dress next year would be wonderful and I will still be overweight BUT with high blood pressure and sleep apnoea now I'm sure even getting to a 16 will be hugely better for my health than stating as I am so in your face bmi chart I'll know when I'm happy and feel good and there's just no way to quantify that. I'll know when I get there x

Amen to that! Somewhere in my head a size 16 wedding dress next year would be wonderful and I will still be overweight BUT with high blood pressure and sleep apnoea now I'm sure even getting to a 16 will be hugely better for my health than stating as I am so in your face bmi chart I'll know when I'm happy and feel good and there's just no way to quantify that. I'll know when I get there x

get it told lass .... get it told x

Back