Chunky Dunker To Skinny Dipper

We will get to our goals ladies - I always find it weird that people assume you diet to be stick thin rather than just healthy - I'd much rather keep my curves and be a bit heavier than I'd planned than be skinny if I found my goal weight too small. Catwalk model I do not want to be (though being short I doubt it'd happen anyway!) I've got a few friends who are skinny and eat rubbish - but it just stays off, I guarantee I'm healthier than they are because my diet is varied and healthy and I work out, they're just stick thin by chance - It does make you appreciate your body more I think - having to put the effort in to keep it healthy. How many of us would stuff it full of junk if we could get away with it?
X

I've never been a twig. At 16 I was a size 12, 36DD boobs and that was as close as I ever got to being what the media class as acceptable. My OH met me at 26st, size 28 and hasn't batted an eyelid at me gaining or wanting to lose and as long as I'm beautiful in his eyes the rest of the world can do one. My reasons for losing weight are to be healthier, to feel fitter, to extend my life and to not creak when I walk up the stairs lol From a vanity point of view I would like more choice in clothes and to feel I look better in them but do I need to be a size 8 for that? I won't know for sure until I get there but my gut, excuse then pun says nope anything under a size 20 will still mean I have made a big difference. I have beautiful size 8 friends and I have beautiful size 28 friends.

Off my soap box for now and I've lost 2lb at WI so I'm pretty happy with that. Not huge numbers for me yet on sw but it's going in the right direction and that pesky fairy that is supposed to come once a month is still visiting me and out staying her welcome and that always makes me bloat like crazy. It's a nice combo of the hormones and the meds I need to cope with her visit. Mother nature can be a proper aggravating trollop on times! Feel more motivated to do even better next week though so I think I'm gonna sit down with a cuppa and a rocky road hi fi bar and try and do some meal planning. Hope you ladies are having a good evening? x

im another who has always been large. From remembering in high school i was a size 16-18. Il be happy getting back to my lowest i was in jan '13 . fitted 14 tops but still 18 bottoms. x

I've never been a twig. At 16 I was a size 12, 36DD boobs and that was as close as I ever got to being what the media class as acceptable. My OH met me at 26st, size 28 and hasn't batted an eyelid at me gaining or wanting to lose and as long as I'm beautiful in his eyes the rest of the world can do one. My reasons for losing weight are to be healthier, to feel fitter, to extend my life and to not creak when I walk up the stairs lol From a vanity point of view I would like more choice in clothes and to feel I look better in them but do I need to be a size 8 for that? I won't know for sure until I get there but my gut, excuse then pun says nope anything under a size 20 will still mean I have made a big difference. I have beautiful size 8 friends and I have beautiful size 28 friends.

Off my soap box for now and I've lost 2lb at WI so I'm pretty happy with that. Not huge numbers for me yet on sw but it's going in the right direction and that pesky fairy that is supposed to come once a month is still visiting me and out staying her welcome and that always makes me bloat like crazy. It's a nice combo of the hormones and the meds I need to cope with her visit. Mother nature can be a proper aggravating trollop on times! Feel more motivated to do even better next week though so I think I'm gonna sit down with a cuppa and a rocky road hi fi bar and try and do some meal planning. Hope you ladies are having a good evening? x

Your OH sounds like he's on the right wave length - I've known my OH for 7 years, 4 of those before we got together, so he's seen me as all sorts!
I was a size 8-10 at my smallest, and I was happy there, I think 10 is my ideal for me, but purely because i carry my weight awkwardly - I have a very American figure, small waist even at my biggest (goes in like a sand counter!) but hugggee hips, butt and thighs, and the only way I can get my thighs to where I want them is to be about a 10 on top!
On the other hand, my aunt and best female role model is a size 26, 23 stone and hands down the loveliest, most beautiful women I know, she'd like to lose weight like you to feel healthier, but there's no way she'd ever want to be stick thing, some people just don't suit it at all, in fact a lot of people look better bigger.

2lbs is fantastic! That's the higher end of the average weight loss, and would be about 7 and a half stone a year if you did that every week! How cool is that?! :)
And yeah, mother nature is a hidious bit**, between her and Gillian Michaels, I'm definitely hating all the powerful women right now!

Xx

The 2lb was over 2 weeks I didn't weigh last week cos we went to get puppy but considering that Aunt Flow is still with me I'm taking that 2lb and feeling pleased I had a loss even with the bloating. My best friend hates her legs. She's always ridden horses and she reckons that's why her legs are muscley and too big (her words not mine) She's a size 10-12 and gorgeous but everyone has their own hang ups don't they? I'd love a tiny waist but I carry my weight all over. lose weight from my face first then my tummy but my OH is funny cos whenever he sees someone who has lost quite a bit of weight he always thinks it makes them look older. He prefers big girls but he's very supportive and has promised that he will still fancy me thin because i'll still be his Lisa. He's a pain in the arse most of the time but he redeems himself well with comments like that the sneaky bugger :kissass:

You'll love Gillian when you see the results of your hard work but I would hate her if she was making me ache as much as you are too. She's a meanie xx

im another who has always been large. From remembering in high school i was a size 16-18. Il be happy getting back to my lowest i was in jan '13 . fitted 14 tops but still 18 bottoms. x

How long have you got left Jess? x

The 2lb was over 2 weeks I didn't weigh last week cos we went to get puppy but considering that Aunt Flow is still with me I'm taking that 2lb and feeling pleased I had a loss even with the bloating. My best friend hates her legs. She's always ridden horses and she reckons that's why her legs are muscley and too big (her words not mine) She's a size 10-12 and gorgeous but everyone has their own hang ups don't they? I'd love a tiny waist but I carry my weight all over. lose weight from my face first then my tummy but my OH is funny cos whenever he sees someone who has lost quite a bit of weight he always thinks it makes them look older. He prefers big girls but he's very supportive and has promised that he will still fancy me thin because i'll still be his Lisa. He's a pain in the arse most of the time but he redeems himself well with comments like that the sneaky bugger :kissass:

You'll love Gillian when you see the results of your hard work but I would hate her if she was making me ache as much as you are too. She's a meanie xx

1lb a week is still great though, grab it with both hands and don't let go, any loss is fab! Even a STS is better than a gain :)
That's the thing, even petite, tiny women hailed for their beauty still have something they don't like - we can never win!
I do agree with your OH on that kind of, a lot of people who lose weight when their older look older than they did before, but I suppose healthy and happy is what counts.

I think I just swore at her for 25 minutes last night, poor girl!
X

Ah she's tough she can take it and if she was in your house with you she would swear back and tell you to man up lol

It's moving in the right direction and even if it's slower than I hoped it's still going down and has motivated me to be good again this week. Love this forum too you and the others really help keep my head in the right place to say no to crisps and other naughties x

Ah she's tough she can take it and if she was in your house with you she would swear back and tell you to man up lol

It's moving in the right direction and even if it's slower than I hoped it's still going down and has motivated me to be good again this week. Love this forum too you and the others really help keep my head in the right place to say no to crisps and other naughties x

I keep expecting her to jump out the TV and kick my a**!

As tiny as she is I don't think I'd want her in my face telling me to try harder!!!

I haven't stopped eating this morning but this time last month I would've been reaching for crisps and junk but today has been an apple, banana, mullerlight, one piece of wholemeal bread (heb) , low fat spread (1syn) with ham and boiled egg x

We all get massively hungry days, at least you're eating the right things :)
Though you have totally put me in the mood for wholemeal toast and boiled egg!
X

Have some toast, go on be a devil!
This is why I don't mind small losses I know my habits have changed and that can only be a good thing. It's because of my totm I get bloody ravenous but the toast has sorted me out. Drinking 6 litres of water today because that's what I need to stay hydrated at my weight. I'm amazed i'm managing to get off the loo at all the amount of times I've been for a wee so far today so for the tmi lol x

I would, but I've no bread at work :( Have settled for having my weetabix early!

6? bloomin' heck, I do about 2-3 and I need the loo every 20 minutes! You must live in there!
X

According to the numerous websites I've looked at for my weight I need 6 litres to stay properly hydrated. It's all because I'm trying to get rid of this flippin fluid retention in my ankles. The amount I need will decrease as I lose weight but I'm a third of the way through and I'm weeing for Wales today. Not helped that I've had two cups of tea mind you because that is a diuretic anyway. The things we do to get healthier eh? x

Oh my goodness.... 6 litres...... you could drown in that :eek:

I've managed half that but tomorrow I am aiming for 4, working my way up and seeing if I can get to the almighty 6! x

How long have you got left Jess? x

Im presume your one about baby? or have i missed something? lol.. I'll have 14 weeks on Monday!! eekk

I've managed half that but tomorrow I am aiming for 4, working my way up and seeing if I can get to the almighty 6! x

Don't blame me if your legs turn into a mermaid tail and the fish monger starts giving you the eye :eek:

Im presume your one about baby? or have i missed something? lol.. I'll have 14 weeks on Monday!! eekk

Lol yes I was on about baby. Not long now x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Don't blame me if your legs turn into a mermaid tail and the fish monger starts giving you the eye :eek:

A mermaids tail has to be better than cankles bcp xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back