Claire Bear's shrinking mission

ooh good on you with the treadmill love dinner sounded lovely
:D x

Hi Lady F - I went to a great showroom . Ended up forking out £1300 for a decent quality one - Elite T9450 HRT Folding Treadmill. As you mentioned, it is important to get one with the right weight limit. also, you need a decent motor on it, otherwise when us - ahem - larger people walk/run the belt struggles to turn and can judder a bit. The one I got works great for me, just need to use it more often!!!

I bought from a company called fitness superstore - had to swallow my pride and go to one of their show rooms (I went to Northampton). Took my boyfriend for moral support - but it turned out great as it was a deserted showroom in an industrial estate, but they had about 20 different treadmills and a really helpful sales guy who explained the pros and cons of each and encouraged me to have a Go. Was even very kind about explaining the weight limits etc and made me feel really comfortable.

Oh what a fab experience! I'm always terrified to ask about sporting equipment, convinced they will take one look at me and keel over laughing...

And I never thought of a foldaway one, will keep an eye out on eBay, thanks for the advice x

Had a good week on track, except for just one dinner out (I had mussels and fries, then a chocolate brownie for pud!) the brownie wasn't worth it, but I figure it's good to have these treats as it keeps me going.

lost 2lbs this week which I am completely thrilled with. All progress is good progress!! would love to hit the 21st bracket before my holiday - I've got 2 weeks to do that... Here goes!!!

Have just ordered some of the mini green and blacks cho bars - got a tasting selection for £11. Each bar is about 100 Cals, so this will be my NEW yummy snack, but will save for days when I really need them. Have also discovered Walkers cream cheese and chive bites, they are around 100 too. snack packs of popcorn are still are favourite too for snacks. In terms of meal bars I'm still enjoying the Slimfast meals bars (rotating all 3 flavours) and I also have belvita biscuits (chocolate ones are really good) for breakfast of lunches.

still really crap at keeping fluids up - MUST keep that up ( she says... Again...)

well done done the loss love x x x

Fab loss well done :D

Shame the brownie wasn't worth it. Its so annoying when we have a treat that disappoints. The G&B bars most definitely wont. I got some for Christmas and they were really great as little treats. Waitrose sell packs of the mini bars which is really handy ;)

Definitely think you'll be in the 21s for Mexico :character00255:

Up at stupid o clock for some reason !! Gots so much work stress at the moment, so lots churning around in my head.
Decided to get up anyway, today is weigh day. 2lbs off and I've hit the 22st mark Ysy which means I've now list a total of 5 stone :)

Yep we cannot argue with five stones! Grr if I'd not fallen off I'd have lost that ... I'm cross with myself now.

Many congrats on the resolve, Claire and getting there. Fantastic!

I bought a drum of Slimfast Banana and am trying it now with Koko chocolate milk. It's just over 200 calories. Let's see if it sustains me till bedtime.

If you have any tips about Slimfast do let me know!

thanks Helena! the trick for me has been using slimfast products within a calorie counting plan. Because they are all so low call 100 or 200 cals, means you can eat something every 2 hours or so (meal or snack) until you have your main meal of the day.

1lb off for me - and I'm off on my holiday tomorrow!!!!

See you you all when I get back (April) - I won't weigh immediately, think I will give myself a week of so back on plan before I assess the damage, otherwise I will just depress myself!!

Happy Easter everyone!!

Have a wonderful holiday! You've worked so hard and achieved so much in preparation for it! Hope you have the time of your life x

Have a great holiday :)

have a great holiday love x x

I'm back!! Hit back yesterday, now fighting the jet mag!
Back at work today and back on the diet. Whilst away I ate what I wanted, and enjoyed it ALL!!! Actually didn't go completely mad, several days chose not to have a pudding at dinner time because I was satisfied. also ate a lot of fresh seafood, so hoping that the scales won't have taken an ALMIGHTY bashing, but am certainly expecting to see some evidence of my enjoyment for the last 17 days.

My plan is not have these next few days back on plan, then will weigh on Saturday to see where I'm at...

Back