Claire Bear's shrinking mission

A beautiful baby bear ! How wonderful . You clever,clever girl. So very pleased for you Claire.Good to see you posting.
|The weight fell off me when I was breast feeding I hope you have the same good fortune x

Thanks Lottie. I had hoped that would be the case, but it seems I've even been eating SO much I've gained even when breastfeeding!!!! Still, there is time to rectify this and get back in the wagon. A bit worried about cutting back too much and affecting my milk supply, so just going to take it gradually and just try not to stuff my face ALL the time lol

How's life treating you lovely Lottie? Good to hear from you again xxx

Epic fail today! Went to a baby group but got home, grumpy baby, grabbed lots of chocolate and sat here stuffing my face whilst trying to feed and cuddle her to sleep.

My only achievement is that I have tracked it all in MFP, so at least it's there for me to see and remind me that Inneed to reign it in.
It helps with motivation to see it all written down. Hopefully cutting back a bit tomorrow!!

It's not a fail - it's just one of those things. You're tired, that's all, and a new baby is hugely demanding!

Would love to see a pic of her, by the way xxx

Hi Claire, I am new here and it is great encouragement to read your story, and wonderful to hear about your new baby. I hope to read more good news about you and hope I have a happy weight loss story to tell soon too

Staying with my parents in Devon for a few days. Eating everything in sight. Complete disaster diet wise, but enjoying ourselves!!

Enjoying yourselves - the key phrase there! :). Parents like feeding, so don't worry hun you'll get back on the wagon once you're home x

It may not be going quite to plan Claire, but you are doing summat even if it is logging on MFP, posting here and starting to think about losing weight. You did so brilliantly before and you are the very same person you just need a bit more of her to emerge to guide you forward,bab !

I loved our old site and found it so motivating. We all seemed so on it that summer. I wonder how Essie and Tracy and Susu are ?

Yes, that was such an amazing time when we were all forging ahead with such amazing losses. Also remember denn, Shelley, candice and Eleanor . That meet up was so fun!

Thanks for the encouragement. Am feeling positive about moving back to healthy eating, just need to get into the right headspace, but I feel it coming!! Too embarrassed to talk about what I've been eating the last few days, but will start to document meals from next week onwards :) just did a Sainsbury's shop and stocking up on fruit, veg and healthier snacks

I see Denn on MFP, Elanor is on here sometimes, and I keep up with Shelley and Candice on FB - in fact, Shelley came to stay out here with me for a week, not long after I arrived.

Remember the pants that Essie brought us? :D

Don't worry Claire Bear, you're in the zone now, just keep logging and you'll be fine, lovely xx

I do indeed remember the pants ! Still a pair knocking around the Bullring somewhere, never did find 'em.
Don't need to know the bad foods Claire, just the healthy ones you intend to munch on :)
What have you named your daughter?

Yes, the pants!!!! Lol bless Essie for making them

My little girl is called Isobel Alice. She's a very happy content little one, and I'm grateful to the breastfeeding to shove a few extra calories :)

Right. Well, can't say it's been a good week, but logging all my calories has helped me to get into a better frame of mind about dieting, and so hope this coming week to make some better choices.

Feeling PMT this week, and would like to ban all mirrors in the house. Really annoyed with myself for ha big put so much of the weight back on again. Swore to myself before falling pregnant that I would never get above 20st ever again... welll... oops!! Need to shift this and get back under. Remembering how good it felt last time to have achieved losing 9 stone. Will get there again. Here goes !

Last edited:
We can do it together Claire Bear!

Isobel - what a lovely name, and how wonderful that she's going easy on her mum and dad :).

Better day today. Logged everything and didn't have any chocolate all day !! Ok, so I did have flapjack, but only 1 piece.

We did a roast dinner and I loaded up my plate with the steamed green veg, so not too much of the naughty roasted bits.

Feeling positive about this week

Just popped in to say congratulations and best wishes Claire Bear on your new daughter Isobel Alice.

Good to read you had a good day and are feeling positive...it's a good start for the week ahead.:)

Better day today. Logged everything and didn't have any chocolate all day !! Ok, so I did have flapjack, but only 1 piece.

We did a roast dinner and I loaded up my plate with the steamed green veg, so not too much of the naughty roasted bits.

Feeling positive about this week

Great! You can do this hun :). Logging it all really helps - what have you set your cals at?

Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl x Parenthood is a hard job, don't be too hard on yourself for the ups and downs with weight loss. You have done it before and can do it again. Good Luck x

Back