Claire Bear's shrinking mission

My calls are really high because of the breastfeeding (which apparently uses up,to 850 calls a day?), so MFP has calculated me for 2,600 a day!!!

Once I stop BF, or at least reduce when she weans I'll prob get down to 1700 ish, seemed to work well for me before at that level, then I eventually reduced down to about 1400. Problem is if that is start too low and have to keep,reducing you can get stuck!!

Yep that seems completely sensible. Scrumbles said on my thread -

"By far the most important thing in this journey as far as I'm concerned is to truly enjoy what you're eating, because you're going to have to do it for a very long time - for life, in fact! I also believe in eating as much as you can for as long as you can whilst still being in a deficit. Trying to bully the pounds off by eating at too low a calorie level is just a recipe for yo-yo'ing IMO. You see it all the time: people cut way down on their cals, manage for a while then their bodies kick back and make them eat everything in sight and they're back to square one. Not good. Also, if your journey is long, taking maintenance breaks every few months is important too so that your hormone levels - which get disrupted in a prolonged deficit - can normalise again. I wish I'd taken proper breaks back in 2012 when I lost my big chunk of weight, then I might not have ended up with my hormones so messed up that I regained nearly half of it:rolleyes:".

I think that's perfect advice, from one who has done so well :).

Agree with all of the above Claire. Scumbles be clever! must look her up. Totally right about not going too low.
Isobel Alice is such a beautiful classic name.
You are doing lots of positive stuff that really will make a difference. It is disappointing to regain,I know, but you are the other side of it now and taking action x

Thanks Susie and Lottie :) am drawing strength from the great progress I made before and knowing that I can do it again.

Had one of those sad days looking around clothes shops where it feels EVERYTHING is too small and even their top size doesn't fit :(
I think I got used to being to shop in stores that only go up to 18-20 when in fact I've now crept a couple of sizes above that again...

Hope so Susie :)

Today I started with Belvita biscuits (lovely boyfriend brings them to me in bed with a flask of coffee, as In usually stuck in bed sort out the baby and feeding etc and trying to catch a for more zzzzzzs)

Made it downstairs by 10:30, had marmalade on toast and an activist granola yoghurt and an apple.

Went out for a walk with a neighbour - we managed an hour, but it was a slow pace!

Got back and had another yoghurt and an apple, then later in the afternoon had a huge slice of homemade flapjack :)

This evening I reckon we'll have oven pizza, with a bit of garlic flatbread.

Really pleased I got out for a walk, that's the second time this week. Much easier to do when the sun is shining :)

Walking is the best, great for body and mind...and it settles the baby too

Made it to baby group yesterday which is lots of ups and downs and dancing around! Walked around town afterwards to stretch my legs a bit. Today we've had a quiet day in, the baby has been really clingy, so just had a sofa day.

Had pack of belvita biscuits and a apple in bed,
Then marmalade on toast when I finally made it downstairs, and an activia granola yoghurt.

Pork sandwhich for lunch with crisps
Cadbury brunch bar as a snack, and then later on a kit Kat chunky (whoops)

Tagliatelle with meatballs for dinner.

It's Friday!!!, yaaayaaaay

Its great to get out with the baby...and great to meet other Mums

Absolutely. I'm lucky to have a very friendly and active NCT group and also to live out in beautiful countryside so lots of chances to go out with lovely people to lovely places.

Sun is shining today, looks to be a beautiful weekend.

Yes, that was such an amazing time when we were all forging ahead with such amazing losses. Also remember denn, Shelley, candice and Eleanor . That meet up was so fun!

Thanks for the encouragement. Am feeling positive about moving back to healthy eating, just need to get into the right headspace, but I feel it coming!! Too embarrassed to talk about what I've been eating the last few days, but will start to document meals from next week onwards :) just did a Sainsbury's shop and stocking up on fruit, veg and healthier snacks

Hi Claire! Good to see you posting on here again, and congratulations on your daughter :)

The meet up was such a good day! It was lovely to meet everyone. I have Denn and Shelley on Facebook, but haven't spoken to them in ages.

I see Denn on MFP, Elanor is on here sometimes, and I keep up with Shelley and Candice on FB - in fact, Shelley came to stay out here with me for a week, not long after I arrived.

Remember the pants that Essie brought us? :D

Don't worry Claire Bear, you're in the zone now, just keep logging and you'll be fine, lovely xx

Oh the pants!!! That was hilarious! Has anyone heard from Essie? Would be good to know how she is getting on.

You can do this again Claire! You have your beautiful daughter, and the motivation to get the weight off again xx

Eleanor! Good to hear from you :) how are you?

I've been feeling down about the weight I put on, but starting to feel that buzz of support from here again.

Hopefully the buzz from the support of this place will continue :) Having people to talk to, who understand, makes all the difference xx

Absolutely agree. Couldn't have done it without you guys last time.

Not bad today, but still too many naughty treats. I think because of the breast feeding I think I can get away with lots extra, but in reality I can't. At least I've managed to get out for a few nice walks this week , so hopefully that'll help get the metabolism going

Are you logging food on MFP, Claire? I'm doing this without fail every day and it's really helping me see what's high in cals and what's not so bad xx

Hi Susie,
Yes I'm logging most days on MFP. Last time it was absolutely key to my success

Sleep deprived after a bad night with isobel - she's going through some sort of developmental leap which means she is extra hungry and super difficult to get off to sleep. Aaaaaaargh!! Chocolate day for me today. I've earnt it

Mmm, chocolate is good but I am saving myself for a glass of red wine

Back