ClaireCat: The Art of Self Sabotage

HI, just been having a read through and seeing how you were getting on. Your reaction to the porridge was pretty much the same as mine - the taste was bearable but the texture! YUCH - I got rid of those, The only shakes I like are the cappucino, but luckily I like most of the soups so I have a capp shake for breaky, 2 soups and an orange bar in the day - well I was, but now on SS+ so dropped the bar for a small meal of mmmm chicken and green veg. Isnt it exciting - lol.

Still, I do think the pain is worth it as I feel bettwe now than I have in years! Hope you feel the same and get to where you want to be.

Morning Hun,

What time is your weigh in today? You excited! Good luck, I know it will be a good one. You have done really well :) xx

Afternoon! Just a quick drop in to update you all (im being a geek and watching Star Wars on Blu-Ray!)

Had my WI about lunchtime. Lost 7.5lbs. Not bad for 5 days! :D
Feeling pretty chuffed. My CDC said, regarding tomorrow, just try and be as low carb as possible so as not to kick myself out of ketosis. And still to have my 3 CM's. So thats the plan.

She only had 3 choc tetra's left, so I've bought bars to replace them for breakfast during the week. I had a toffee bar or something for lunch today when I was out shopping, it was nice, but the maltitol feels like its doing strange things to my stomach!

Made me go to the loo tho, so thats a bonus! lol!

Anyway, back to Star Wars! Oh, Krissy, he was working til 10pm - bugger is off for the next 4 days tho :/

Fabulous news!!! That's amazing for five days!!!
So with regards to going out for a meal as I am for hubby birthday at end of jan, do I need to just stay away from carbs to remain in or close to ketosis? Xxx

awwwww yay!!!! well done! 7.5 pounds in five days is immenseeee!! so pleased for you bet its given you a massive spur on. ive been out shopping in cardiff this morning. went into topshop and thought...soon my pretties i wont be afraid to try you on...to all the lovely clothes :) now im sharing the geekery by playing skyrim on the xbox (alongside a banana shake!!) xxxxx

Brilliant loss babe well done! Won't be long til your first stone ;)

Thanks girlies :D

And Lily, yup, major carb avoidance to stay in ketosis I'm afraid. I'm thinking low fat atkins menu for tomorrow, which is a shame, because mayo is my fav thing in the whole world - i swear I could eat it straight out the jar with a spoon! lol!

Anyway, I'm away to be extra geeky now and play World of Warcraft! Good times, good times!

Might make dinner in a bit too. I'm thinking cajun spiced chicken and courgettes done in the george forman. :)

Aww man I miss playing WoW! Was settling down to play the new Zelda but you need some new control thingy just to play it, so gutted!
Have fun with you gaming sesh!

ClaireCat said:
Thanks girlies :D

And Lily, yup, major carb avoidance to stay in ketosis I'm afraid. I'm thinking low fat atkins menu for tomorrow, which is a shame, because mayo is my fav thing in the whole world - i swear I could eat it straight out the jar with a spoon! lol!

Anyway, I'm away to be extra geeky now and play World of Warcraft! Good times, good times!

Might make dinner in a bit too. I'm thinking cajun spiced chicken and courgettes done in the george forman. :)

snap on the mayo front. i must admit i had a sniff of a jar the other day just to remember the good times hahahahahaha. mayo and white bread...EVIL. ...but sooo good hahaha.

just saw about your weigh in, congrats, i'm really happy for you as i know the last 5 days weren't too easy! :) yay

snap on the mayo front. i must admit i had a sniff of a jar the other day just to remember the good times hahahahahaha. mayo and white bread...EVIL. ...but sooo good hahaha.

Well I'm not sure. Hellmans mayo has about 0.2carbs per tablespoon or something :p

Well I'm not sure. Hellmans mayo has about 0.2carbs per tablespoon or something :p

You could have it and stay in keto but its just the fat & cals that are the problem on CD, works with low cal & keto but I reckon it wouldn't hurt too much as a treat now and then.

Eating it from the jar however..... lol

Krissykat said:
You could have it and stay in keto but its just the fat & cals that are the problem on CD, works with low cal & keto but I reckon it wouldn't hurt too much as a treat now and then.

Eating it from the jar however..... lol

ah mayo is such a downfall for me and just trying to keep away from it as much as possible...it was one of those mindless foods that now I've stopped eating it i realise how much it was adding to my daily cals you know?? if i had chips or pizza or bread or eggs or ANYTHING i would have mayo on the side!! making naughty foods naughtier!!!

Hey Hun, how's it going? How was the meal?
I went to that party last night AND I didn't cheat!! No buffet for me and water all night although my dreams last night consisted of me stuffing my face with cake!! I even took to the dance floor stone cold sober....I'm sure it wasn't a pretty sight hahaha xxx

ah mayo is such a downfall for me and just trying to keep away from it as much as possible...it was one of those mindless foods that now I've stopped eating it i realise how much it was adding to my daily cals you know?? if i had chips or pizza or bread or eggs or ANYTHING i would have mayo on the side!! making naughty foods naughtier!!!

Never really been a fan of mayo but I usually have some sort of sauce with EVERYTHING, barbecue & burger sauce being my favourite. Its surprising how many cals & card they have in them but they are just full of sugar and other crap!

hi claire how did the meal go??? ok i hope xxx

Morning. Sorry, I was in a bit of a poo of a mood yesterday and went to my bed early.

Angry with myself for not drowning myself in water yesterday. The meal looked lovely, sad to say, not one sign of salad on the menu, or anything "low carb" (mainly because everything on the menu came soaked in some sort of thick or sugary sauce).

I had pate and oatcakes with some sort of chutney to start - only at the pate, and what salad leaves I could salvage from under some sort of yellow salad sauce. For the main I thought I'd order venison because its pretty lean - however, it came as stew!!!! Did not say stew on the menu. SO... I picked about 3 pieces out and scraped the sauce of them and didnt eat any more.

My mother was *****ing about me at the end of the table to my sister because I could hear her from where I was sitting about how my gran is paying for this meal and I should have forgotten about the diet for today. But, lets be fair, the stew was horrible. I hate stew. And overcooked venison is just wrong. Besides, i've not been eating rich food for a week and I already felt a bit iffy from it last night, so I'm sure if i'd eaten all that, and a dessert (which I passed on) I'm sure I'd feel like utter poo.

Not really a happy camper. My family is one big pile of stress at the moment and I could honestly cry about it for a week. Half contemplating getting the doctor to sign me off work for a week with stress, but then, thats a step backwards for me since I suffered from depression for 3 years and was signed off from work during that time.

God, I've started today with a rant. My apologies. Better get to work anyway! lol!

Back