Claire's Diary of Deliciousness

Managed to stick to atkins all weekend (apart from the vino) and really hoping for a 2lb loss on Wednesday. Will be very happy if i do!

Went to the Southampton Boat Show yesterday and the weather was beautiful. On the way back we stopped at the used boat show and ended up putting an offer in on a 23ft cruiser sailer so fingers crossed for that. Much more room than the one we've got now but will have to see if they accept. If no, was a bit of fun anyway ;)

How's everybodys weekend been?

Morning all,

Not feeling well at all today. Didn't sleep well and have an awful headache and runny nose. Just typical when my first year final assessment for a degree has to be in in 2 weeks and i haven't even finished the readings yet :( Took ibruprofen as is all i have in and i'm sure its coated in sugar so will probably be knocked out of ketosis too. Roll on tomorrow!

Hope head is feeling better, I don't think a few tablets will knock you out of ketosis.

So change of plan for dinner. Did the Asda run where I managed to get the celeriac so obviously got to give that a go. Also my daughter wanted to chicken so I bought a plain ready cooked one (already ate all the skin :eek:). Will probably have a bit of asparagus too but need to work out the carbs in the chips as I had salad for lunch (although was mainly lettuce & cucumbr - how bad can it be lol).

Hope u feel better soon!!! dont forget to say what you thought of the celeriac, i am off to asda tomorrow so will have a look out for it.
xx

oh right well i am going to try to get some tomorrow deffo, can you cook them like chips? when you roast them do you treat them like potato and part boil etc?

Am sure you worked it out but celeriac is about 5g carbs for 200g, which is a good portion of chips.

I've never tried deep frying them stubbsey so am not sure what that would be like - they don't crisp up quite like potato. I microwave mine in some water for 2 minutes to soften them - lazy parboiling ;) - but have also stuck them in the oven without bothering to do that and they still come out okay.

I toss mine in oil, sprinkle with garlic powder and a little Parmesan and roast for about 25 mins. I do much the same thing when I'm using them as a replacement for roasties, but I cut bigger chunks. They're delicious cooked in butter or beef fat, too.

You won't get them as crispy as chips because celeriac has a far higher water content than potato (thats also why im not sure about deep frying them working well). I am fine with non crispy ones as they're still delish but to give yours the best chance of crisping leave them to dry thoroughly after microwaving/parboiling.

Morning, I had celeriac chips for the first tme yesterday, they are delicious.

Back