Claire's Diary of Deliciousness

Not feeling particularly hungry today. Had a coffee with cream before the school run, then some pork with mayo for lunch (ready cooked at asda, couldn't be bothered to cook) and just had another cup of coffee. Just not hungry which is very odd for me. Even the thought of celeriac chips doesn't excite me lol.

On a good note, it's weigh-in day tomorrow and i'm very excited. That will be my second week of induction completed but i'm going to stick it a little longer i think, at least until i get into the next stone bracket.

Evening - good luck for weigh in!

Well 1lb off for me this week which was only week 2 but better than a sts! Have lost inches though so all good. Think i may be eating too much cheese too so will have to start weighing it. Do you think going to the gym Monday to Friday will prevent me losing at all?

Good luck on anybody else weighing in today x

Hi Claire well done on the loss....from experience I started late July and in that month I lost 5lb came back after putting a stone on in 3 weeks I did have a weeks holiday in Devon ....so far I've lost 9lb and the only thing I'm doing different is watching and weighing how much cheese and cream I'm having ....I think I was guesstimating before with the cream and cheese ....don't know about the gym ....to be honest when I go I tend to put weight on prob muscle ....then when I stop the weight drops off me weird I know .....u have really done brilliantly so far ....I think it's more of a struggle when u don't have that much to lose ....u are on the home straight now keep plugging away .....do u use my fitness pal to track find that helps me heaps to get the ratios right

good luck
x

Hi Claire well done on the loss....from experience I started late July and in that month I lost 5lb came back after putting a stone on in 3 weeks I did have a weeks holiday in Devon ....so far I've lost 9lb and the only thing I'm doing different is watching and weighing how much cheese and cream I'm having ....I think I was guesstimating before with the cream and cheese ....don't know about the gym ....to be honest when I go I tend to put weight on prob muscle ....then when I stop the weight drops off me weird I know .....u have really done brilliantly so far ....I think it's more of a struggle when u don't have that much to lose ....u are on the home straight now keep plugging away .....do u use my fitness pal to track find that helps me heaps to get the ratios right

good luck
x

Morning Ange, youre doing fantastic! I think you're right the cream and cheese, I certainly don't measure the cream and have 2 coffees a day. Sometimes I will make a sauce too but not often.

To be honest I'v been feeling pretty sh*tty this last week. Had a headache most morning and know I'm not dehydrated as I drink LOADS of water. Yesterday and this morning I've felt sick when I wake up, bad belly, then end up on the loo (sorry for that). Maybe something doesn't agree with me?

I haven't used mfp although seen lots of people talking about it. Is is worth using? x

Morning Ange, youre doing fantastic! I think you're right the cream and cheese, I certainly don't measure the cream and have 2 coffees a day. Sometimes I will make a sauce too but not often.

To be honest I'v been feeling pretty sh*tty this last week. Had a headache most morning and know I'm not dehydrated as I drink LOADS of water. Yesterday and this morning I've felt sick when I wake up, bad belly, then end up on the loo (sorry for that). Maybe something doesn't agree with me?

I haven't used mfp although seen lots of people talking about it. Is is worth using? x

Totally I would be lost without mfp....possibly something in your diet or maybe totm...some people on Atkins experience a change in their monthly cycle ....think I did last month .....it came a lot earlier than I expected so maybe that could explain the shitty mood lol ....I hate being moody lol...what are you studying by the way ? X

Well done on the loss, I find with atkins I loose more inches than the weight loss would indicate. Have a good week.

Totally I would be lost without mfp....possibly something in your diet or maybe totm...some people on Atkins experience a change in their monthly cycle ....think I did last month .....it came a lot earlier than I expected so maybe that could explain the shitty mood lol ....I hate being moody lol...what are you studying by the way ? X

I have pcos so only have totm maybe twice a year and as little as for one day so kind of lucky in that respect lol. Maybe I've just got a bug or something.

How do i get mfp?

I'm doing my law degree and just about finish my first year. Will get 4 months off and start again in Feb (as long as i pass my final!). Looking forward to spending a bit more time with my daughter as all i seem to do is study after school lol.

We've got a similar amount to lose so will have to kick eachother up the butt :)

Law degree go you...I'm at Uni too doing my social work degree....going into my second year next week ....can't believe how quickly the first year went....has been so nice to spend more time and be around for the family ....think second year will be manic as I will be on placement 3 days a week and at Uni 1/2 a week...to be honest have had so much time on my hands can't wait to be busy again ....think that's why I have struggled with my weight so much....had too much tie to think about food and have had too many holidays lol ....don't know how on earth I'm gonna get up at the crack of dawn and get myself ready in time for placement and Uni lol.....hopefully after a couple of week I will be back not the swing of it all :)

x

Law degree go you...I'm at Uni too doing my social work degree....going into my second year next week ....can't believe how quickly the first year went....has been so nice to spend more time and be around for the family ....think second year will be manic as I will be on placement 3 days a week and at Uni 1/2 a week...to be honest have had so much time on my hands can't wait to be busy again ....think that's why I have struggled with my weight so much....had too much tie to think about food and have had too many holidays lol ....don't know how on earth I'm gonna get up at the crack of dawn and get myself ready in time for placement and Uni lol.....hopefully after a couple of week I will be back not the swing of it all :)

x
How many hours do you do a day? I'm doing it with the open university as i was working up until a month ago when i was made redundant. Even not working i don't know where the time goes! How long will it take you to get your degree? x

Congrats on the loss! Weight loss on Atkins almost always slows or stalls in week 2 or 3 (see the sticky on Atkins tips and tricks which mentions it) - your body is just adjusting to the initial bigger loss and should soon settle into an average of about 2lbs per week.

So don't do anything too drastic when it comes to changing what and how you eat - that said there is definitely no harm sticking to the Atkins guidelines on cream and cheese.

Mfp you can get on your computer or as a phone app and it is invaluable to me. I weight and measure everything and input it so I know my exact daily cals - you can change your settings on the computer to give it the correct Atkins settings for fat/protein/carbs and it shows you that on a pie chart. Just don't complete a day as its essentially a calorie counting tool and will tell you you need to eat less calories - not true on Atkins!

Congrats on the loss! Weight loss on Atkins almost always slows or stalls in week 2 or 3 (see the sticky on Atkins tips and tricks which mentions it) - your body is just adjusting to the initial bigger loss and should soon settle into an average of about 2lbs per week.

So don't do anything too drastic when it comes to changing what and how you eat - that said there is definitely no harm sticking to the Atkins guidelines on cream and cheese.

Mfp you can get on your computer or as a phone app and it is invaluable to me. I weight and measure everything and input it so I know my exact daily cals - you can change your settings on the computer to give it the correct Atkins settings for fat/protein/carbs and it shows youd that on a pie chart. Just don't complete a day as its essentially a calorie counting tool and will tell you you need to eat less calories - not true on Atkins!

Hi ML. Thanks for the info. So do I just ignore what it says about the calories and fat and just pay attention to the carbs? I've set up an account and entered my breakfast today but that's it so far, really need to sit down and go through it all x

If you're on your computer you can change the fat/protein/carbs target ratio do its correct for Atkins. You can also set your own calorie target to be whatever you want it to be - I set mine for 1700 so it never hassles me.

Yup other way round, 65 fat. We're a high fat, low carb, moderate protein diet - in other words you're always fine to go higher on the fat ratio but try and keep the others roughly where they are xx

Back