Claire's Diary of Deliciousness

Yup other way round, 65 fat. We're a high fat, low carb, moderate protein diet - in other words you're always fine to go higher on the fat ratio but try and keep the others roughly where they are xx

Wow, it's amazing how many carbs are in veg, can't really have that much. Was really surprised. More eggs and meat for me I think! Thanks for all your help, am set up now x

If you're searching veg, make sure you search for a supermarket not generic version to get the accurate carb count. Generic versions are usually American figures and they add the fibre count to the carb count, so carbs look higher.

Eg search: 'tesco cauliflower'

Sorry - dont believe a few extra carbs from veg are a problem as long as they are induction veg. I would truly encourage people to eat more veg but watch all the other sneaky carbs;)

the one thing i hate is when i have a small ish salad its impossible to put it in mfp, i didnt have a cup of tettuce, or 100g of this or that, sometimes its really hard to tweek.

love mfp tho wouldnt be without it now xx

How many hours do you do a day? I'm doing it with the open university as i was working up until a month ago when i was made redundant. Even not working i don't know where the time goes! How long will it take you to get your degree? x

He he he know the feeling all of sudden it's 3 in the afternoon and don't know where the day has gone.....I have another two years to do....I did a course at the ou so that I could get my place at Uni....must say ou is much better planned than Uni ....but my course is a means to an end ....I couldn't get any higher where I worked so it was decision time either go back to London and commute or get qualified and stay local....couldn't bare the thought of travelling up to London every day so I bit the bullet and applied to Uni. How long is your course ?

Well done on getting mfp....like ml said ...punch in tesco lettuce or whatever ....that threw me for ages as I don't do cups lol

x

wish someone would go on mfp and put in ounces and grammes on everything lol

have a good day lovely xx

Morning, once you get to grips with mfp you wont be able to live without it,

He he he know the feeling all of sudden it's 3 in the afternoon and don't know where the day has gone.....I have another two years to do....I did a course at the ou so that I could get my place at Uni....must say ou is much better planned than Uni ....but my course is a means to an end ....I couldn't get any higher where I worked so it was decision time either go back to London and commute or get qualified and stay local....couldn't bare the thought of travelling up to London every day so I bit the bullet and applied to Uni. How long is your course ?

Well done on getting mfp....like ml said ...punch in tesco lettuce or whatever ....that threw me for ages as I don't do cups lol

x

Don't blame you. I'm only in Windsor but still wouldnt want to commute to London and that is where the decent money is. I only want part-time as I'm on my own (have a fiance but don't live together) so want to be able to do school run, not pay somebody else to look after my daughter.

Mine could take 4 years but will have to be 6 years as it's really expensive and can only get a certain amount of funding per year x

Well, i was a very naughty girl last night and ate a large bar of milk chocolate :sigh: the weird think is, i weighed 1lb less this morning?? How odd! Doesn't exactly give me the incentive to not do it again!

Went to the gym this morning then cut the grass and sorted the garden out for the winter. Hopefully that will be the last time!

Had a coffee with cream this morning and now having a yummy salmon salad. Have two friends coming round tonight for wine and dinner so thinking of doing chicken stuffed with cheese, wrapped in bacon with some asparagus, green beans, mushrooms and peppers cooked in oil and garlic :)

Fingers crossed the choccy bar doesn't show up on your scale later and you get back into K asap! I make something called cocoa bark which stops me even thinking about choc.

Re: portions on mfp, just click on the portion size bit. If it says 100g there is always a 1g option, then adjust your number of portions - so I might have 50 1g portions of cucumber to make my 50g. Or I could pick the 100g and have a half or a quarter portion. Once you're used to it it's easy xx

Fingers crossed the choccy bar doesn't show up on your scale later and you get back into K asap! I make something called cocoa bark which stops me even thinking about choc.

Re: portions on mfp, just click on the portion size bit. If it says 100g there is always a 1g option, then adjust your number of portions - so I might have 50 1g portions of cucumber to make my 50g. Or I could pick the 100g and have a half or a quarter portion. Once you're used to it it's easy xx
a

Thanks ML, clean and green for me now. Will have a look at the recipe for the bark and give it a go x

Morning, you have to try the bark, it is gorgeous, very rich and filling.yum

I'm not really into baking but will have to give it a go at some point :)

Didn't get out of bed until lunchtime and just had a feast!

Chicken breast stuffed with philli and wrapped in bacon with asparagus, courgette, green beans, spring onion and mushrooms. Oooh and celeriac chips (100g) with some mayo. Wonder what mfp says about that lol

What an awful day! Daughter was up at 6am being sick and now I feel pretty rough too. This is without a doubt the coldest I've been all year and the heating is whacked right up!

Wanted to make saag paneer today but tescos don't have the paneer so going to use chicken instead so will be more like a curry instead (hope it's edible lol)

Back