so far, so good today!

have had -

breakfast - s/f shake - 220
snack - organix carrot stix - 70
lunch - s/f shake - 220
snack/s - cookie - 250
mullerlight - 100

gonna have ready meal for dinner - 300

thats a total of.....1160 i think (am crap at maths so might well be wrong!)

have done a 30 min wii workout that burned 154 cals, am gonna do it again when bub naps in a n hour and i have my zumba class tonight :D very pleased with self and defo bck on track :)
also my book , beck diet solution, is very good, its helping me a good bit, yesterday excluded!

xxx

littlemiss - the book is a self help book based on cognitive behavior therpay to help you break your addiction to food.
very good so far like i said!
did good tonight - zumba was fun and sweaty and did about 300 cals on the wii fit :D

xx

You've done great today :D
Keep up the hard work!

today im working on recognising true hunger from cravings. its todays task in my book. i have to write how hungry i feel before each meal, whilst eating it, immediately after it and 20 minutes after it.

had 3 crumpets and clover light for breakfast - estimate 450

snack - 2 satsumas and a highlights hot choc - 100

lunch is gonna be - slimfast shake (got 3 tins of it n dont want it to go to waste! - 220

snack - anything up to 250

dinner - ready meal and mullerlight - 400

snack - anything up to 150

done 30 mins of wii fit before breakfast, aim for another 30 mins when kids sleeping and maybe 40 mins on just dance when they in bed tonight :D really enjoying all the exercise i must say :D if only exercise alone would get the weight off!!!

we have a nurse coming round at some point today to give lewis chemo at home so we gotta stay in for that but if she comes early i might take the kids a walk in the buggy and maybe a quick dash round the shops if my money comes in later today as i hope it will!!

good luck to you all and hope you all have a good day :*

xx

Doing well so far today. its 2pm and i have had a couple of cravings but have been using the techniques in the beck book and am pleased to say i havent given into them :D changed my food a lot for today though cos i have no snacks in and cant go to the shops lol
new version of menu for the day is:

breakfast - 3 crumpets and clover light - 450
snack - lychees - 50
Lunch - 2 waffles and 3 bacon medallions -360
Dinner - Gammon steak (fat trimmed off) and oven chips - 450 snack - mullerlight - 100

so a total of - 1410 - very good if i manage it!!

xcx

Hey,

You're doing so well! The book sounds great, sounds like the sort of thing I need, but no time for books just now :(

My diets been going ok, I seem to be struggling with actual hunger rather than cravings, I don't think i'm eating enough for my meals ect, I'm trying to eat 1000 cals a day but since I count my cups of teas ect in, im actually only eating 800 of that, last week i was starving all day every day, and grumpy...this week is my totm and i've been eating around 1200 sometimes 1500 a day. So i've not had the heart to do my diary which i save on pc.

Anyway, keep up the good work ;)

you should just up your cals a wee bit - its not worth feeling crap all the time - if you just reduce your cals a bit then itll still come off, maybe not as fast but you'll not feel like shi*te doing it. thats why i decided to try a more sensible way of eating - i was always restricting too much and hating it whhich led to binges etc etc so im hoping this way ill feel better but still lose.
well i thouroughly enjoyed my dinner - it was 3/4 of a gammon steak with the fat cut off glazed with peri peri sweet n sticky sauce (brushed on so it wasnt loads!)and mcains home fries oven chips - which i cant believe are only 181 cals per 100g oven baked - and really yummy :)
tomoro's task in my book is to skip lunch - its just once and its to show you how ACTUAL hunger feels and teach you that although not entirely pleasant, having to wait to eat isn't an emergency, you can feel hungry but its not doing you any harm, its to help stop you picking all day! its gonna be hard hough cos my ex is coming up at 2 to watch the kids so i can get the food shopping - so im gonna be hungry - in the supermarket and i find iit hard to resist the bakery as it is!!

will need every distraction and motivation technique on earth at my disposal tomorrow!!!

xx

hhm i might do cos i have zumba tomorrow night which i think ill need the energy for lol - and yes it may well be too much too soon i think!

x

See you're doing fab now hun, keep it up! xx

Hey,

Your meals sound so much more exciting than mine!! I agree with the comments about not shopping on an empty stomach.

Thanks for the advice about my calories. To cut a long story short in Jan 09 I started my life change as I weighed in at 15.2 after xmas, I lost 4 stone in around 6/7 months. It wasn't hard to stay motivated, as my body was disgusting, and the weight really did fall off, watching my body transform was amazing, I had no problem sticking to the 1000 cals a day, I done it for 7 months, and I really did become used to it, so much so that I would struggle to eat more if I was given it. A week before the school started we went to Ireland to stay with friends, the meals were amazing, and I felt bad leaving them. My 1000 cals a day stopped then, but when I got home I still ate what I was eating before, maybe just slightly more, as I wasn't actually counting the calories, I have maintained and fluctuated between a few lbs since August,

so now i'm wanting to get back into the old way of things, I know I can do it, but my main motivation is gone, because my body is slimmer now (still fat though, just not as bulky if that makes sense)..so I feel alot better, i've dropped 5 dress sizes so I feel more confident now.

I'm aware that i've still got more to go and I dont want to stop untill I can wear a vest top (i've flabby arms) and wear a tight/normal top w/out looking pregnant. My main goal now is summer, i'm not gonna waste another summer covered up, I know I'm only walking about the streets of Glasgow, but I still wanna be able to dress as if its summer, rather than wishing for the winter so I can cover up!

:)

hey all!
did well again today - very pleased. and managed to completely ignore the bakery aisle n morrisons!! it didt even cross my mind - i guess the cbt stuff in that book is helping :)
i ate today -

Bfast - bagel and cream cheese (light philli) - approx 350/400
Snack - mullerlight - 100
Lunch - wrap with 3 bacon medallions (only 30 cals each!!!) - 360
Snack - special k bliss bar - 100
Dinner - peanut butter sandwich and special k bar - 500
Snack - 9 micados - 100

so roughly 1560 - very pleased , and i did my hour long zumba class :) sweated it up and am sore now - so know its paying off! i bought a ten class pass for it as well and am just gonna keep it aside for weeks that im skint so i dont use not being able to afford it as an excuse to be lazy!

thanks for that post littlemiss, i love hearing other people's stories. i dont know when my weight went up - i used to be pretty slim, but i think when i settled with my now ex - i let it go!
its only really after my frist son was born i remember really hurting about my weight but i had been fairly overweight for a while before that
. i managed to lose about 4 stone after having him, but i was suffering for it. i was bingeing and purging and believe i had developed bulimia as i would binge and purge daily , sometimes more than once in a day and restricting stupidly - like 800 cals a day plus doing the curves workout very vigourously 5 times a week and workout dvds at home. i was diagnosed with deprssion and my anti depressants took away all the bad bits of that, but also sapped my energy and as a result i still binged but didnt do anything to get the calories away and regained all the weight and when my 2nd son ws born i eighted about 17 stone. it was then i knew i had to change it.
i want to live as long as i can, see my boys weddings, know my granchildren years down te line, and my oldest sons illness just makes me have those feeling so much more strongl. i want to have the energy to play with them in the park and run around daft with them. i also dont want to be the fat mum in stained joggy bottoms embarassing them at the gate. i want them to be proud of me and show me off as their pretty, healthy mummy.
on the vanity note i am desperate to be able to look good in fashionable clothes, to be able to buy stuff from cheap shops but make it look good. i want to know that one day someone will find me attracticve enough to fall in love with me. i dont want to be alone forever. i want to feel people looking at me when i get dressed up. i want to give men knock backs. i want the confidence in myself that if someone doesapproach me, i wont be scared theyre doing it for a laugh.

sorry for the novel, this site really helps u key into stuff i think. everyone is so open and honest - i love it :D

xxx much love to you all xxx

Hiya,

Sounds like you had another great day meal wise.

I was at a funeral today, and on the way home i was sooooo close to buying chocolate from the shop...really close, but something inside me said no..you'll regret it on Mon, when i weigh myself, and I know if i'd bought say a bar of chocolate, I would have went back to the shop later, when I go back out to get my little girl from school.

Its interesting that alot of people's "weight gain" stories have boyfriends/husbands ect in them...its funny how we all let ourselves go when we're with someone. My friend recently split from her partner of 10yrs with 2 kids and she has lost an amazing 6 stone, without even trying..she said it was so strange because it was him that helped her put the weight on...with all the food ect he'd bring home. They split up because he was seeing someone else, but she said that she literally couldn't eat because she was so upset all the time...its now about a year down the line and I think she's back eating loads again!

I think today I will be around 1200 cals, I had a sandwich with ham for b.fast...2 bits of toast and a banana for lunch...and for dinner i'll have a tin of spaghetti hoops then cereal later...not very exciting, but its so hard to buy healthy food when skint, as I dont have the money for chicken ect for myself (i'm still making meals for OH and daughter, and most of my shopping money goes on their meals)

I always start feeling more motivated at the weekend, as I know its weigh in on Monday, when do you weigh yourself?

:)

hey hey littlemiss! its so hard getting healthy stuff in wen skint - i know that feeling very well. i get my chicken from the halal butchers. its much much cheaper n its really fresh n freezes well. i buy 3 chicken breasts for about 7 quid - but theyre huge. each on is about 3 of the little ones from the supermarket. thats why my dinners are mostly chicken lol. i also buy different jarred herbs n spices, cos pretty much any of them can be mixed with either honey, chopped tomatoes or tomato paste and make chicken more exciting. and still budgetable. you could try making your daughter and OH the same food as you. making one big meal often works out cheaper than 3 small ones, and they can add stuff like butter, oil etc that makes it fatty after instead of when ur cooking it. i used to do that for my ex n he never knew the difference between low fat n full fat cooking cos u just replace things.if a recipe says use butter i use frylight spray or clover lighter. for bacon i cut all the fay off, for cheesey sauces use low fat phili and a tiny bit of cheese. another good tip is buying a big chunk of fresh parmesan, it lasts ages cos u hardly have to use any cos its dead strong. i have hundreds of ways to make my food money go further lol! im the queen of cheap food that doesnt taste cheap!!

sorry to hear you were at a funeral, never nice, so even more well done for resisting. in my beck book it talks about your giving in muscle and your resistance muscle - and the more you resist the easier it is to continue - so really really well done!!

today is the day i have to skip lunch to "confront my fear of hunger and realise it's not going to hurt me to wait until it's time to eat!" so far doing well and although im a bit hungry its ok cos ill have dinner in about 4 hours, no-one starves after 4 hours of hunger!!

im finding this diary the biggest help cos i love reading back at good days and feeling good about my achievements! its total therapy for me!!

food wise its been :

Breakfast - bacon sandwich made with 2 slices of seeded bread (230 cals) - 3 bacon medallions (90 cals), a special k bliss bar (100) and a mullerlight (100) total for bfast 520

no snacks or lunch

dinner is going to be - honey and orange/mustard chicken (300ish) with noodles in soy sauce (250ish)
dessert - weight watchers banoffee dessert (152) - 700ish

so roughly 1220 for the day. might allow 200 cals worth of snack too so will call it 1420 :)

also im starting back on xenical again tomoro :) looking forward to it!
2nd weigh in tomorrow too so come check up on me! ive been so good and avoided the scales so itll be a surprise! think i wil have lost though cos im doing lots more exercise and been well with eating :)

anyways thanks for reading the worlds longest post!!

xcx

Your are doing so well!
Once you set your mind to it its so easy to keep on track, I bet you're feeling great!
Good luck with the weigh in tmoz, will try get on to see how you've done xx

Hi,

I bet your really excited about your weigh in!! I will defo be checkin in on you tomoz to congratulate you as im almost positive you'll get a good result.

I was on Xenical about 2 years ago, it didn't work for me as I wasn't eating anything that contained fat, but there is a few people on here who use it with great results!

Your spot on about the skipping lunch thing, I have a meal (sandwich and fruit) at 11am so i call it brunch...i just get a little bit hungry leading up to 11 and a wee bit before dinner but i find something low cal to snack on before dinner. I do have a couple of meals that we all have together, but alot of the things I like they dont if that makes sense.

Your also exactly right about chocolate, once you dont have it for a while you dont need to fight it because you really just dont want it. I used to be an irn bru addict, and i'm convinced it helped me put on weight, I'd never even tried diet irn bru til Jan last yr...didnt like it at first but was better than nothing and now i totally love it and probably couldnt manage a glass of the full fat stuff...too sickeneing..

I have my fingers crossed for you tomoz
;)

HURRRAYY! another 3 lbs off today :). also am starting xenical again today so im hopeful ill reach my january goal by the next weigh in :). wow this might be the first time im on track to actually pass one of my goals, not just reach it!!
food today gonna be -

bfast - special k red berries and skim milk and a lemon mullerlight - about 300 cals and 2g fat

snack - 4 lychees - 60 cals no fat

lunch - tomato and basil soup w/ 2 slices seeded bread - approx 360 cals and 6 g fat

snack - mullerlight - 100 cals - 0.1 g fat

Dinner - Chicken breast w/ light philli, parma ham and homemade baked chips - 500 cals and about 7g fat

Dessert - weight watchers lemon cheesecake - 186 cals and 4.6 grams fat

that will be roughly 1500 cals and 19.7 grams fat :)

xxx
[/FONT]

Claire,

Amazing, you've done so well, I bet your over the moon again. Your definately doing something right if thats 2 weeks in a row you've lost a good amount! Its a really good feeling when that happens, because you've lost what...1/2 a stone in 2 weeks...its a bit harder to stick to it when after a few months it goes down to 1-2lbs a week.

I could really do with a good loss for a confidence boost, even if its just 2lbs, but i've let myself down with my exercise this week and last...iv got my totm and after a day at work and pick ups from school, housework ect im dead to the world and i'm lucky i can even get my head in gear to count calories at night time. The weekends...well I just wanna sleep and do nothing. I really do need to get my arse in gear for next week.

BTW - How do you control your night time cravings, I noticed that today you will have your dinner and a cheesecake after...will you get hungry at night time?

I have had absolutely nothing to eat yet, infact I had 2 quality street chocs that my OH brought home from his pals...but apart from that not a morsel has passed my lips...was gonna make some toast for lunch but given the fact that its 4pm i think i'll just wait for dinner.

;)

im so pleased lol! but
dont be discouraged that your loss has slowed down - no wonder! look at how much weight youve lost! you've lost nearly 4 stne - thats incredible and i cant wait to be able to say that!
i find it SOOO hard come about 9 o'clock to control my cravings. i end up playing the wii or painting my naiils or having a bath and then either going to bed or coming on here, but its usually the evenings when i slip up :(
maybe try eating more throughout the day so u not so hungry later on?? i would defo recommend the beck diet solution book though - its really helping me control the cravings. i usually have no tie for diet books cos my lifes pretty hectic, but this one u only have a couple of pages to read a day, i do that the evening before so i know what my task for the next day is, and tick it off throughout te day as i complete it!

i never thought id be feeling ok and not having to snack all through the day but that books effin genius and has achieved that in like a week!
so far ive stayed to my planned food for the day so so far so good as i come to be saing alot as i read back on this lol!

littlemiss do u have a diary on here?? im finding this total food therapy and love being able to post losses and have lovely folk like u n doodlelover always give e motivating comments n stuff!! :) so thanks ladies!!

much love all!

xcx

Back