Claire's Food Diary

Sorry to hear you're struggling :(
I struggled at the w/e and ended up scoffing my face :mad:

Finding the right balance with food is hard as it just takes over your life, I used to always be thinking of food until I realised that I only need food to keep me alive not to feel alive.
I am useless at giving good advice so I wont try but I hope you can pick things up soon, I know you can do it, you just got to believe in yourself. xxxxx

hey hey. im struggling majorly :( have decided to start cambridge cos i think being able to just exclude food shoud help. im always ok until i eat something, then its like i cant stop!! have my first appointment wih my cd consultant on saturday so will be starting sunday! heres hoping eh!!

xcx

Good luck for Sunday :))

Amber

thanks guys - i think not having to worry about keeping track of food will help plus the support of the cdc will keep me going!

xcx

well tomorow i am going to throw away my scales. im going to weight in ONLY at my cdc's house when i go on a saturday - that way i cant see a loss midweek and use it as excuse to go off plan if u get what i mean??
also it'll make me want to do really well to make sure i get losses :)
wish it was saturday lol!!

am having a bit of a carb fest this evening and lowering my carbs and fat as of tomoro in prep for starting cd :)

xcx

Hi Claire,

Its great to have you back again.

I too have went totally off-track...I'll explain all in my diary.

I'm totally going through the same as you, its a nightmare. I have also seriously considered CD, but if its something your prescribed I probably wont get it, and cant afford to buy anything.

I'm rubbish with food, one tiny piece of chocolate, which wouldn't even effect my calories sends me spiraling out of control...its terrible.

Anyway, keep strong, you've done so well. You were on track for ages there.

:)

heya - cd isnt prescribed, u jut contact a consultant. it costs abut 40 a week, so it depends on if u spend that on food for yourself in a week - which i defo do - and see if its worthwhile doing.
am so excited about starting it :)

xcx

good idea about throwing away the scales, Im addicted to mine!

me too!! Its also tourmenting when your scales are different to my CDC scales when i get my weekly weigh in!

Amber

omg i know i was weighing myself like 3 times a day :s oops!
well like i said this way i'll not get complacent!! :)

xcx

You'll be fine!
I've just eaten about 15 chocolates from thorntons :cry::mad: bad bad me!

heya - cd isnt prescribed, u jut contact a consultant. it costs abut 40 a week, so it depends on if u spend that on food for yourself in a week - which i defo do - and see if its worthwhile doing.
am so excited about starting it :)

xcx

Oh God, no defo cant afford that, I'm £40 on my weekly shopping for 3 people each week. I'm saving up all my spare money just now so I can move house this year. But thats great that your going ahead, I hope it all works out.

Let us know how you get on with it. Have you already started it? Wots it like?

Take care chick.

Wow littlemiss - you are fab at budgeting lol - i can never manage to keep it below 50 quid and after that i always end up buying unexpected binge food!!! well done lol!!!

xcx

Hey Claire..

Good luck meeting up with your CDC tomorrow :))
Cant wait to hear how you get on, youll do great.

Amber

thanks amber!
here's hoping eh?!
how did you find your first week of cd?? im ok with the thought of feeling tired and yucky and have stoked up on water and painkillers for headaches lol - the thing im worried about is avoiding the binge urge!!!

xcx

thanks amber!
here's hoping eh?!
how did you find your first week of cd?? im ok with the thought of feeling tired and yucky and have stoked up on water and painkillers for headaches lol - the thing im worried about is avoiding the binge urge!!!

xcx

Hi Claire

Its different really for everyone, but i found it easy enough, i had done lipotrim before with hubby and knew what to expect, but it was even better as the flavours and varieties are great... you wont know what to choose! lol...

Also just make the small commitment of getting over day 3, i think if you do this you will fly it, this is usually the hit or miss stage....i found...

Avoiding the binge moment... well you will want to, up to day 3 so if your feeling shitty ( which you might do) know its the STORM and what happens after a storm.... the CALM ... and seriously i found i wokeup on day 4 usually and things just felt better....

Mentally every day is a temptation, but i would suggest you go look at the CD weight loss photos on here and my gawd some people are so inspirational and are like a different person in quite a short period of time.....

My only other advise is, if your new to CD give it 100% as it gets harder if you have to restart... while we never really fail at the diet and as long as we get to the end , the first time is always going to be the best ... so when you want to binge, think about me as a restarter and how i have to go through it all again and it should motivated you....like in business, i say we should always try to do it right first time :)) On the flip side, our mistakes only make us stronger, but you know what i mean hehehee.. im rambling...

Any other questions, fire away...

Amber

Last edited:
Hi

Once a week (normally the day I get money in) I sit and write out a shopping list of things I need...then I do another list of meals we'll eat each day...then i'll put the meals/ingredients on the shopping list, and because I'm always buying the same stuff...its easy to remember. I have a strict rule that I only buy whats on the list...I only take about £2 more than I need, just incase of a price difference. It might sound a bit OTT, but i never have anything in my house to binge with, all food is meals...and my daughters school stuff and OH's biscuits get put in the cupboard. Plus I never overspend...annnnnd I look at the sheet each day and know I'm making for dinner. Its really helped me with my weight loss, my problem is the loose change that hangs about in my purse...it normally gets spent on chocolate from the corner shop.

Anyway, i'm sure you'll do amazing on CD, keep us all posted though.

Last edited:
Hi Clare,

Well done for taking such a big step. I will definately be dropping into your new diary.

I too have re-started due to a rubbish couple of weeks, I'm gonna try and post in my diary every day, to keep myself motivated.

Good luck

Back