ProPoints Claire's post pregnancy and pre wedding weight loss diary!

Had a client this morning which kept my mind of eating loads as I normally do on weekends

Breakfast
Weetabix (5)

Lunch
Bacon (2)
Roll (4)
Quavers (2)
Clementines (0)

(8

Dinner
Undecided will edit later steve wants a takeaway so wewill c.maybe popcorn chicken again as I love it!!!

Weeklies used 15/49

Had a terrible day,past few weeks my 3 year oldbeen getting worse and worse with eating any decent food past few days he's now taken to heaving every time he eats any meals,even sandwiches or toast!well today it really got to me and ended up breaking down at my in laws house I'm so worried he'll end up ill,I kno everyone says he'll eat when he's hungry but my sis went through this stage at same age and ended up in hospital on a drip so it worries me!i assume its just an attention thing as he sees me feeding spencer and maybe gets jealous,but I'm at my wits end just don't kno what else to try to get him to eat!and to top it off spencer now has colic!!!the joys!!
So today I've picked on sandwiches nuts crisps etc so now I've wiped my weeklies and from tomorro will just have my dailies till weigh in!feel really **** and stressed.xxx

:-(

If it is an attention thing give him LOADS of praise when he does eat what you want him to eat. Also you could praise the baby for being "such a good baby and eating all his dinner" while 3year old is in earshot.

And above everything don't give him attention for not eating or for vomiting. Clean it up, be worried about it inside but don't draw attention to it.

I've seen it done before in a similar situation and I promise it works :)

teacheronww said:
If it is an attention thing give him LOADS of praise when he does eat what you want him to eat. Also you could praise the baby for being "such a good baby and eating all his dinner" while 3year old is in earshot.

And above everything don't give him attention for not eating or for vomiting. Clean it up, be worried about it inside but don't draw attention to it.

I've seen it done before in a similar situation and I promise it works :)

I've tried that I always praise him every time he eats,he's got nursery tomorro so I've not put any 'junk' choc or crisps in lunch box just sandwich malt loaf and strawberries and I'm gonna ask the teacher to keep an eye on how he is eating to c if he's doing it there too or just at home,as he's been coming home with quite a lot of food still in box also.xxx

Ok that's cool. That will give you some indication of whether or not it is an attention thing. Sounds like you're doing everything right...hopefully it should sort itself out soon. I really feel for ya - you must be awfully worried but I'm sure it will all be fine.

Had a terrible day,past few weeks my 3 year oldbeen getting worse and worse with eating any decent food past few days he's now taken to heaving every time he eats any meals,even sandwiches or toast!well today it really got to me and ended up breaking down at my in laws house I'm so worried he'll end up ill,I kno everyone says he'll eat when he's hungry but my sis went through this stage at same age and ended up in hospital on a drip so it worries me!i assume its just an attention thing as he sees me feeding spencer and maybe gets jealous,but I'm at my wits end just don't kno what else to try to get him to eat!and to top it off spencer now has colic!!!the joys!!
So today I've picked on sandwiches nuts crisps etc so now I've wiped my weeklies and from tomorro will just have my dailies till weigh in!feel really **** and stressed.xxx

:-(

Both my kids did this at about this age, my sons 8 nearly 9 now and eats anything and everything. Olives, chorizo etc. my little girl is 4 and literally every evening dinner time is a battle. I cook them lovely meals completely from scratch very night and she barely even touches it. It used to be that it would cause huge rows I'd cry, she'd cry then I'd put her in her room to save me getting wound up. Now I just ignore it, sometimes she'll wolf a meal down other times she won't touch it. I just tell her to get down from the table but that's it she won't be getting anything else. I dish her up tiny dinners so its not off putting with me putting a massive tea in front of her. She started school in September and I feed her as soon as we get home about 4.45 or I'd never get a meal down her atall coz she's too tired. You need to decide what to do and stick to it. But getting stressed wont help believe me, try and stay calm. Could you get him to help you feed Spencer and sit down with him and eat with him? A lot of my friends have gone through this with kids at this age and it can last for a long time as well but I believe it is a phase and will get better. I just don't think she's hungry half the time. Ask him what he wants and try and make deals with him within reason obviously try a reward chart etc give it time he'll be fine.

Mrsm79 said:
Both my kids did this at about this age, my sons 8 nearly 9 now and eats anything and everything. Olives, chorizo etc. my little girl is 4 and literally every evening dinner time is a battle. I cook them lovely meals completely from scratch very night and she barely even touches it. It used to be that it would cause huge rows I'd cry, she'd cry then I'd put her in her room to save me getting wound up. Now I just ignore it, sometimes she'll wolf a meal down other times she won't touch it. I just tell her to get down from the table but that's it she won't be getting anything else. I dish her up tiny dinners so its not off putting with me putting a massive tea in front of her. She started school in September and I feed her as soon as we get home about 4.45 or I'd never get a meal down her atall coz she's too tired. You need to decide what to do and stick to it. But getting stressed wont help believe me, try and stay calm. Could you get him to help you feed Spencer and sit down with him and eat with him? A lot of my friends have gone through this with kids at this age and it can last for a long time as well but I believe it is a phase and will get better. I just don't think she's hungry half the time. Ask him what he wants and try and make deals with him within reason obviously try a reward chart etc give it time he'll be fine.

We always sit down and eat as family it's such a chore lately and me an other half dread meal times.will get a reward chart and try that I think and gonna try make he's meals earlier so he's not too tired x thankyou xxx

I really don't want to preach at you and I wish I could give you answers, I wish someone could give me answers. The only thing that has really helped me is by keeping calm. It's hard, so hard but it stops me dreading meal times. Good luck.xxx

Yeah I agree with Tracy, stay calm, if he eats he eats, make sure he gets enough snacks during the day. Try not to worry Claire, I didn't eat anymore than once a day when I was a child up until I went to college. I was really underweight but it never did me any harm. He'll come round xx

I completely sympathise, my oldest is 3 and very similar. He won't touch eggs, pasta, rice, potatoes, veg. Fussy with meats. He lives off cereal, sandwiches, cheese, beans, fruit, yoghurt and pizza! Iv started to give him multi vitamins so I feel abit better now.
I let him have one pack of crisps a day now or that's all he would eat,
Its evening meal we battle with most, he won't touch it unless its pizza.
I just keep putting things in front of him hoping he will eat it and don't let him have treat food if he doesn't try. He does the gagging and heaving thing too.
He's very small for his age and being monitored for it at the moment so this doesn't make me feel any better about it! He used to be such a good little eater!
I'm thinking of taking him to the doc soon because it's worrying me a lot.
I try and be strong with him but end up letting him have crap because in my head I'm thinking well at least he's eating SOMETHING!
Many nights he ends up with a bowl of grated cheese at tea time cus that's all he'll eat :(
If you want to chat feel free to pm me x

Thanks girls,he's ate some more today thank god and gone off to nursery but I've not put any naughty snacks in it an ive told him if he comes home with empty lunch box he can have a treat this afternoon.so fingers crossed.
Spencer's got colic so trying to control that as best as can,it's not bad colic tho.so he's on the water colic drops etc. and I've woke up with cold sore throat and feel weak!what els can be thrown at me eh?!lol gonna stick to dailies this week an hope for some good news of another loss Friday!to cheer me up for weekend
Hope everyone has a lovely day xxx

Thanks girls feeling still quite teary today ended up crying on my sis in law,someone only has to say something nice and I'm blubbering!
Spencer's been an angel today,and Daniel ate all his lunch at nursery and got a special sticker which he's very proud of,he has also said he will eat all his tea so we will see.
Awful diary today completely missed lunch

Breakfast
Rice Krispies (5)

Snack
Salted popcorn in cafe Nero (3)
Biscuit (2)

(5)

Dinner
Chicken (4)
Mash (4)
Carrots
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Gravy (1)
Yorkshire puds (2)

(11)

Banana
Custard (3)

Double decker (5)

24/29

Had bad day today,snacks galore!jist felt rubbish so wanted to eat lots so I did :-( will b good from tomorro again,oh taken spencer to his mums for hour Daniel in bed so I'm gonna chill in bath with candles and a beer.peace and quiet then early night,realised today after getting upset again I have some fantastic friends around me who are very supportive and not judgemental and actually realise I'm no being silly that most of my mum friends have been through same teary days as me,which made me feel better knowing its not just me xxx

Morning luv,

jus been reading threw the last few days of ur diary so sorry to hear the battle ur going through with Daniel and his food. Lucas is three on friday and has always been a funny eater he will go days with hardly eating anything and it gets to me when ppl say he wont starve he will eat when he is hungry... i jus wanna scream at them yes but i want him to eat NOW! i have sobbed infront of lucas coz i am beggin him to eat. the only way he will eat sometimes is by me feeding him and if i dnt feed him he wont eat! i have had t stop feedin him coz he is jus gettin lazy and expects me to do it!!
Lucas is jus so fussy! he has only jus started eating brown bread..lucas HATES potatoes hates them in any form chips waffles mash roast boiled jackets u name it he hates it! i have tried hiding the pots but it doesnt work! he will only eat fish fingers if the batter isnt on them! he wont touch chicken nuggests but will only eat chicken off a roast chicken, he hates mince so if i try do shephards pie or anything he wont eat it!
he loves hot dogs pizza n sausage n i feel like he lives on them! im lucky in the sense he loves pasta beans and rice but he wont really eat any meat with any of it! i spend hours sometimes cookin him dinner and i jus find it all a waste of time sometimes and its hard coz none of my close friends have children and the one that does her child is perfect so i cant really moan to anyone about it other than the other half n parents and so on!
SO i no what ur going through it really is so stressful..

i hope daniel starts eating better for u luv, and dnt worry if u have picked a bit we cnt b 100% all the time especially not when u have other things on ur mind
xxxx

Morning luv,

jus been reading threw the last few days of ur diary so sorry to hear the battle ur going through with Daniel and his food. Lucas is three on friday and has always been a funny eater he will go days with hardly eating anything and it gets to me when ppl say he wont starve he will eat when he is hungry... i jus wanna scream at them yes but i want him to eat NOW! i have sobbed infront of lucas coz i am beggin him to eat. the only way he will eat sometimes is by me feeding him and if i dnt feed him he wont eat! i have had t stop feedin him coz he is jus gettin lazy and expects me to do it!!
Lucas is jus so fussy! he has only jus started eating brown bread..lucas HATES potatoes hates them in any form chips waffles mash roast boiled jackets u name it he hates it! i have tried hiding the pots but it doesnt work! he will only eat fish fingers if the batter isnt on them! he wont touch chicken nuggests but will only eat chicken off a roast chicken, he hates mince so if i try do shephards pie or anything he wont eat it!
he loves hot dogs pizza n sausage n i feel like he lives on them! im lucky in the sense he loves pasta beans and rice but he wont really eat any meat with any of it! i spend hours sometimes cookin him dinner and i jus find it all a waste of time sometimes and its hard coz none of my close friends have children and the one that does her child is perfect so i cant really moan to anyone about it other than the other half n parents and so on!
SO i no what ur going through it really is so stressful..

i hope daniel starts eating better for u luv, and dnt worry if u have picked a bit we cnt b 100% all the time especially not when u have other things on ur mind
xxxx

This sounds like your describing my daughter:) like I said to Claire I think keeping calm is the key to helping YOU! Try not to worry too much about your little one. I've had to find this out through rows and arguments but I promise you it'll help.

Hi girls yes keeping calm is def starting to work for me,Daniel had pasta bake for lunch yesterday I made him big lunch and thought ill give him sandwich for tea as he woke so early I knew a big tea would be such a battle,he made me feed him pasta so I ended up feeding him just so he ate it coz I know it's his fave meal.for tea he had ham sandwich and he kept saying I don't want it don't like it,so in the end I sat at table feeding spencer and completely ignored Daniel didn't even look at him couple of mins later he picked sandwich up and ate the lot!!so it's obv just attention seeking,like my mum said to me the worst thing a child hates is to be ignored.hes been better past couple of days and ate much more I have cut down a lot on the treats,I don't send treats in his nursery packed lunch anymore,I tell him if he comes home with empty lunch bag then he can have a treat.and nursery have been fab also they have been giving him stickers if he eats his fruit so seems to be having positive effect.
Xx

Back