*Clare's 100% cracking the whip diary*

Hi Clare. I think this diet is all about the journey, learning about ourselves, our relationship with food, and learning to live without food is a big starting step to this. Can you try telling yourself that yes you can have the cheese/nuts/meat/biscuit/lettuce leaf/whatever but not now, you can have it at x time eg at 10 am if the time is about 9.30 am and then get on with something else eg minimins/tv/book/go for a run and you'll probably find at 10 am you don't want the piece of food and you probably won't even think about it. It's just cravings and your head telling you nonsense. If you're not hungry then food is not the answer.

((hugs)) Emma x

Last edited:
Clare hun - I can sympathise totally as i'm doing just the same. I dont understand it but i do know we CAN do this !!!

I have joined a 9 week challenge to help me focus so maybe it will help you.

We have got to be strong, this isn't forever !!

Hi Clare,

So glad to see you have started a diary, I haven't been doing much on the forum other than updating my diary on restarters.

You can and will do this. As for the jogging.... the way you are doing it is exactly the way my Personal trainer has us training... 1 min easy walking flat, 2 mins faster up hill, then one min run flat, repeating this sequence working up to 20 mins...It works!!!!

We are all here for you and I am sure you will do it this time.

Just think when you go back to school of all those compliments you are going to get.... ps love the new profile pic.

Anne-Marie xx

Good luck and you're right it's about our journey as a whole. We have up's and down's but the important thing is we get right back on track and do our best.

Have a great day xxx

Thanks all lovely peeps for giving me a boost. It's strange isn't it- the more I stress about eating, the more I want to eat and when I do, the worse I'd feel- You'd think it's an easy mistake to learn from, but apparently not.

I pulled out my clothes from my wardrobe earlier, ready to go back to work and was pleased to notice that in just over a week things were a little looser and other stuff I'd been waiting to fit are now too big- So it does mean I AM moving in the right direction...Now just gotta choose something slinky, yet sensible to show off on the playground- that'll get them talking haha!

So it's one day at a time, or to keep the analogy going, just one more step towards my destination. Which means, I guess, time for another stamina-building shake!

atta girl.... have you done your measurements.... I always find these are much more motivational that the scales.... and I am a serial scale hopper.

My CDC does all my measurements- I'm seeing her next Monday :D I do love the scales though (hopper, yes!) and at the moment I'm in a serious race to overtake my OH who's lingering around the same weight as me....The gauntlet has been thrown and I'm on a mission!

Way to go clare... is he on cd too? If not then it won't be long till you wizz past him!

Thanks, Shanny, but I'm just not ready for food in my life- I'm still out of control around it- I'm an all or nothing kind of girl! If I eat a small meal, it just stimulates my tastebuds for more, so I'm gonna try staying clear for as long as I need to kick this habit into touch x

I know EXACTLY what you mean!!! - Do you think the name Claire/ Clare has anything to do with it?LOL!

Keep going kidda - you are so nearly there on your BB challenge!! x

Oooh thanks- I should be, problem is I don't get officially weighed until after the final :( Reckon I've done it though, to be honest! Just not updated anything until I get the official nod.

No Ann-Marie, he's not and not trying to lose weight, but I've always been bigger than him and now I'm close to being lighter, it's spurring me on- I keep making him hop on the scales!

And Claire, yes it is a name- most of us are dippy wotsits aren't we?!

RIGHT!

This is war.

Today I will NOT
Nibble the cheese in the fridge.
Eat the butter from the tub (eeewww I know, don't say it)
Buy a rotissery chicken and scoff it.
Sit in a computer chair all day and hope that someone else will solve my problems for me.

Today I WILL
Stick to the plan
Drink copious amounts of cool, fresh water
Be active, even if it means fidgeting...alot
Feel positive that I am in control of my life and its direction.

Charge!!!!

Loving the positive mantra Clare, I'm doing the exact same today. I'm planning on heading to the park with my girls for a good old run around in the sun and then going to look around the interactive play exhibition in the museum. Nothing like a bit of fresh air to help you feel positive. Also got my bi-weekly cinema trip with h2b and friends tonight, so I need to be in the right frame of mind to resist cinema goodies.....

You'll be back to work soon and everyone will marvel in the gloriousness that is the skinnier you- if that doesn't keep you going, then nothing will!

woohooo love it clare. You can do it, cant wait to hear from you this evening/tomorrow to say you had a fab day and that you managed your I WILL list .

I definitely think it's safer to be at work! I'm staying firmly behind my desk where there is no food to wave at me!

Right clare.. .you're starting well.... +ive mental attitude. Stick with it... its well worth the results!

Thanks guys!

Went into work today (officially first day- staff training, kids in tomorrow) and I got so many compliments, I felt soooo embarrassed!

It was lovely to hear, don't get me wrong, but I feel such a fraud as I've eaten so much lately and barely lost anything. Plus I'm having a really FAT day and feel bloated and podgy.

I'm hoping it'll subside by tomorrow as I want to wear a new size 16 slinkly outfit!

thatta girl... keep up the pma!

Thanks!

Had a brilliant day in terms of 'getting noticed'! Wore my new size 16, YES I SAID 16 dress, patterned tights and heels (HEELS, eek) a glammed it for the first day on the playground. Had loads of people make comments, there was even one about the children getting a sexy teacher!!! Oh my...wonder who that is then.

I picked up my car after work from it's MOT and was feeling quite confident, so strutted in to pay and got a nice discount on my tyres...I'm sure they didn't give me a discount 3 and a half stone ago... oh well, there's some perks to this dieting lark!

Anyway, so much more focussed at work, didn't think about food at all, that is until I returned home and found the chicken in the fridge...

Oh and I'm asking OH to hide the butter before I eat it...ARGH!

Back