1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

clothes sizes

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by nixterjoe, 18 July 2011 Social URL.

1. nixterjoe

nixterjoe Member

is there no standard size pattern for clothes .. started at a 24 have lost close to 2 stone ... have just been holiday shopping and have bought a mix of sizes from a size 14 up to a 22 it's really stupid how it varies .. am I the only one who thinks so
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sweet pink

sweet pink is losing for shoes

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Yep its a nightmare. I went shopping for a dress for a wedding last week & was having to take armfuls of clothes into the fitting room from 14 - 18 within the same store. I would consider myself to a small 16 but even a few 16's were on the neat side & on the other end of the scale one of the 14's was roomy!!! It would be great if sizes were standard wouldnt it
  4. Hannahkw1

Hannahkw1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming world
    It's all about vanity sizing:

Why your size ten dress may actually be a size 12 | Mail Online

So different shops have different sizes to attract their type of customer i.e. topshop's size 10 is smaller than marks and spencers'.

I would so much prefer that I knew what size I was officially than having to pick up 3 different sizes in each shop!!

Interesting how the sizes have changed over time too!
  5. Diamond Daisy

Diamond Daisy Full Member

I think it's pathetic!! I dont care what the size says on the label as long as its correct!! I HATE clothes shopping as sometimes even a size 18 doesnt fit when in other shops i'm a 16!
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.