clothes sizes

nixterjoe

is there no standard size pattern for clothes .. started at a 24 have lost close to 2 stone ... have just been holiday shopping and have bought a mix of sizes from a size 14 up to a 22 it's really stupid how it varies .. am I the only one who thinks so

Yep its a nightmare. I went shopping for a dress for a wedding last week & was having to take armfuls of clothes into the fitting room from 14 - 18 within the same store. I would consider myself to a small 16 but even a few 16's were on the neat side & on the other end of the scale one of the 14's was roomy!!! It would be great if sizes were standard wouldnt it

It's all about vanity sizing:

Why your size ten dress may actually be a size 12 | Mail Online

So different shops have different sizes to attract their type of customer i.e. topshop's size 10 is smaller than marks and spencers'.

I would so much prefer that I knew what size I was officially than having to pick up 3 different sizes in each shop!!

Interesting how the sizes have changed over time too!

I think it's pathetic!! I dont care what the size says on the label as long as its correct!! I HATE clothes shopping as sometimes even a size 18 doesnt fit when in other shops i'm a 16!

Back