CoCoMo - Diary of a Dr D Disciple!

Hi M-Mouse - yes, they are MullerLights. I am sticking to only toffee flavour or vanilla but this week I am moving to Fat Free natural yoghurt to see if it makes a difference, and to be quite honest, I am finding them a bit sickly sometimes. I am going to demote them to the land of snacking. Thanks for the advice - it will be good to see if I budge a bit more.

Glee was really good, even though I am much more of a rock/metal/blues fan, and kind of mocked the whole Glee extravaganza, but they really were very good. Corporate box does help, too :D

Having a debate about joining the gym, which is attached to my building. It's v expensive (£100 a month :eek:) but my real debate is:
1 - Have I lost enough to contemplate wearing a swimsuit in a place where my colleagues can see me (and a couple of the guys are REALLY good looking:rolleyes:)
2 - Will the cost of it force me to go as i will think "if you miss a session it's wasted money!"
3 - Can I be bothered to shave my legs every day?

It's really a question of procrastination. I know I have to do it, I am just using my current appearance to put myself off joining.

Mmm I see where you're coming from with the cozzie - do they have the lights down low? (But then you probably don't look as bad in a cozzie as I do!!) Perhaps you should just say sod it and go - I bet you look a lot better than you think in your cozzie! - and if the good looking fellas can't see past any imperfections, then they're not worth knowing!

It would be good if the cost would make you go; will they do a trial period so you can try it out?

Legs - mmm a burkhini :) alternatively I have been using a veet moisturiser that is meant to inhibit hair regrowth - undecided on it yet though!

Ahhh, the great hair removal debate. I used to use Veet but inexplicably, I sometimes react really badly to it and get rashes and hives from it, so rather than take the risk I went back to shaving.
I HATE getting waxed - I do own an epilator, but the PAIN is just too much to bear.
It's a really lovely gym - my plan would be:
- 20 mins of cross trainer, 4 times per week
- 30 mins constant swimming at least 3 times per week
- 15 mins of steam room 4 times per week :D
- 2 classes per week, one abs and one more cardio vascular based, maybe Boxercise, something like that

I can't NOT go if I join - it's next door to my office, and 15 mins from my apartment at weekends. I do love going once I start, it's just the STARTING!!!! When I was very fit, I had a full length swimsuit - ironically, though it would cover the bits I hate most, I wouldn't fit into it now. :rolleyes:

Dinner plans have changed - having steamed salmon and over roast butternut squash (bargains at Waitrose on the way home!).

Talking about which, it is 7pm, and I am home from work! Wonders never cease......

I love waitroise! It's normally dead expensive but it is amazing! They do really nice smoked chicken breast there with no additives! It's amazingly yummy and really nice smoked salmon - though that is expensive :(

I can't handle waxing either it's a nightmare it's so so painful. I get my eyebrows done once a month it's the only thing I can handle getting waxed haha xx

Waitrose really depends on what the offers are - sometimes they're cheaper than everywhere else!
Plus, they do all those little extras that nowhere else seems to carry...

I'm an eyebrow plucker - I couldn't get them waxed, but apparently the threading thing is really good - might look into that next month.
Waitrose is under my office. It's expensive but I think of it a bit like Marks and Spencer - occasional top ups to my Tesco and Sainsburys shopping or treats or stuff that is reduced!!:D

Last time my sister had her eyebrows threaded the woman asked her if she wanted to have her lip done hahah. My sister was not impressed! X

My hair and beauty place in Durham offers threading one day a month usually - problem is I am never there now when they do it!!! Apparently, threading is like a mini face lift - I could use one of those too!
I have PCOS, and I do wax my top lip - thicker, darker hair on the upper lip is one of the horrid side effects of PCOS. It is never really noticeable but I am VERY conscious of it, so my top lip is ALWAYS waxed, but I just buy Boots own little facial strips for that.

Aw sorry i didnt mean to offend. My sister and i are very fair so you can never really see our hair anywhere. That's why she was so shocked.

Oooo I don't think I could do it to myself! I tried waxing my legs once but had to get someone else to pull them off. I can't even pluck my own eyebrows lol. My pain threshold is very low! X

Hi Cocomo I have really enjoyed reading your diary I can relate to a lot of what you have said. Did you decide to join the gym? I was paying a fortune for David LLoyd membership and hardly ever went...but it would really help if you have the time/motivation to go. Venus/Intuition razors are great for keeping the legs smooth for the pool. Good luck with the weightloss, you are doing really well.

hi Coco - I too am intrigued to see whether you joined. I expect the first time you'll feel very self conscious for the first ten minutes, then you'll get into doing your thing as will everyone else. Although we think everyone is looking at us overweight people, they rarely are and I simply tell myself that they too must have "problems" (are overdrawn, have smelly feet, halitosis...), just that their problems are less visible than ours ;)

At 22 stone, I did no physical activity whatsoever but at about 17 stone, I started swimming PROUD of myself in a swim suit (when I think about that now!)... At about 13 stone, I wore a bikini at the beach (and saw FAR worse sights...). It's all definitely in the head because now, having regained a bit from my ticker weight, I wouldn't!!

Dukan (and quitting smoking) got me to set my alarm an hour earlier than previously and walk to work. (1h30 the first time, with a break on a park bench, red faced and out of breath!! Now 50 mins, easy peasy...) and I sleep less too :D

Go for it. The feeling of well being is worth it :D

Aw sorry i didnt mean to offend. My sister and i are very fair so you can never really see our hair anywhere. That's why she was so shocked.

You totally didn't offend me at all! Promise!:D I just forget that I wax my top lip - I often wonder how many other PCOS sufferers have the same thing happen to them too. I haven't posted in the forum on here about it but I read the PCOS posts quite a bit. I know it has contributed to my weight gain but I am NOT going to use it as an excuse, I know several PCOS sufferers who are skinny as the day is long!
I never thought of having my lip threaded.... you have got me thinking now though!;)

Thanks for the comments everyone - this board makes a huge difference to my motivation and keeps me on track (along with Dr D's badly translated daily tips from the website - this mornings: "Thanking for keep our appointment" LOL)

Pinching my mates guest pass to go to the gym tomorrow - can't wait to get back into the pool!

You are after my own heart CoCo - I am PCOS too; I think my husband needs to shave less than I need to, ha!

I know you can't use the PCOS as an excuse but it's so important to take into account the insulin resistance that can occur on account of the condition and how that in turn aggravates certain types of weight gain, some of which I know I will never lose. I think that Dukan is a really good diet to help deal with the symptoms, I definitely think that switching to Splenda over sugar is a big help.

Interesting thoughts, Brownie - can I ask how you are managing your PCOS? PM me if you perhaps don't want to talk about it in public!
I started taking Depo-Provera 8 years ago but I switched to an implant in March. I am hoping it will be better all round for me long term, including for weight loss.
I wonder about the sugar consumption, the majority of my sugar was derived from fruit and alcohol before Dukan - I don't take sugar in coffee or tea or on cereal. Cutting out alcohol has been a major benefit for me already.

PS - just spilled a bag of oatbran on my desk. Keyboard will never be the same again. :rolleyes:

G'day Dukaneers!
Well, I haven't lost any more yet but today marks the start of my 5th week on Dukan. Pleased with my losses so far - as some of you might know I am adopting some other Dukan suggestions each week to keep my losses going and to keep my motivation up.
Newly noticed - my rings are looser - had to move up a finger with one of my favourite ones today, this is good!
I am going home to Durham the weekend after this, it will be interesting to see if people notice that I have been losing weight.

I will also be challenged on the no-alcohol area, as it's my best friend's hen do, her housewarming and birthday celebration all rolled into one - I am considering what approach I am going to take. Having been all "no no no to alcohol" in someone's thread the other day, I might now end up being a total hypocrite and deciding to have two non-Dukan days.

Funny thing, when I did LighterLife, I didn't cheat one tiny weeny bit and still went to birthdays, weddings and work events without even considering compromising. I wonder what is making me think differently this time?

It's one weekend, one party! It will be over within a few hours but if you cheat the effects will be felt long after - hope that helps lol.

It's so nice when everyone notices a difference in the way you look and comments. You have done really well so the chances are they will notice the change. I just met my friend and god daughter and she told me 'your looking well' and when she questioned why I didn't want the jacket potato with my salmon I told her about dukan and she was like 'you can tell you hve lost weight you look great' :D such a nice feeling!

Have a good weekend in Durham. I love Durham it's such a nice city x

and, if it helps, trust me when I say that it's so much easier to continue the diet than to try to restart it...

To edit your title, go back to your first post, click on "advanced", and there and only there can you edit it ;)

Thanks for the posting advice!!!
You both make really good points about not drinking, I know I have to stick to my guns here, so I am intending to not deviate AT ALL. I don't actually have enough time to fail - I need to be in that bridesmaid dress on 9th September so I reckon I can't be moaned at for not drinking at the hen do!

Stuck in the office for a bit longer tonight so I am just munching on some beef slices.

Back